PDA

View Full Version : Birkenstock shoes for cat owners?

RICHARD
04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
I hope someone from BS reads this!

I would like a new pair with these modifications built in! Stylish but functional too!

Waterproof. I stepped into the cat's Increible Moving Water Dish again!
Oh, by the way.....include drainholes to get the water out of the indentation my foot makes!

Make them Puke Proof. I have stuck my foot into my shoes and encountered a airball.

Make them comfy for the head of a cat that happens to fall asleep on my sandals.

Impove the straps so they do not sag to the foot bed. Precious seconds are lost trying to get a sandal on with a sagging strap when the cat escapes the house.

Include Cat Avoidance Radar. I have stepped on the cat recently in my way.
A siren, flashing lights and a voice that says something like "Cat coming into range" would really rock!

Any other suggestions?

And thank you Mr. B! :D

cassiesmom
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Waterproof and vomit-proof... would those not be Crocs?

Make mine with tight back straps, so I don't get cramps in my feet from squeezing my toes in order to keep my shoes on. Build them up higher on the outside of the sole because I roll my feet outward when I walk.

The cat-activated voice alert system on mine needs to say "CAT IN RANGE". Telling me when she's just coming into range doesn't help, because she can quickly and almost silently get herself into a position where she may be stepped on.

If they would walk themselves over to the litter pan and proceed with automatic scooping and cleaning, that would be grand. If they would walk themselves into the kitchen at oh-dark-thirty and feed her half her breakfast when she's meowing her head off, that would be even better.

RICHARD
04-01-2008, 05:20 PM
If they would walk themselves into the kitchen at oh-dark-thirty and feed her half her breakfast when she's meowing her head off, that would be even better.

Leave them by the bed filled with food. :D

catmandu
04-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Good ideas there Richard , as always.
I have a pair of Birkenstock slippers as I have diabetic feet , and they are so comfortable to walk in.
How about not so quite a soft top so the Cats dont use them as a pillow??