PDA

View Full Version : Dog Play or Dog Fight? (video & pics)

RobiLee
03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Sometimes I just never know if Tori is playing or if she is mad. She is so viciously vocal. All dog sounds in the video is Tori. Kate never makes a sound. Would you play with this loud mouth husky?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/th_huskyfight3-30-08.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/?action=view&current=huskyfight3-30-08.flv)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_2073.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_2074.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_2075.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_2076.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_2077.jpg

Relaxing afterwards
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_2078.jpg

Sparklecoon
04-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Looks like play to me. I think if these two lovely ladies decided to have it out you'd have some vet bills on your hands.

chocolatepuppy
04-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Darn it! Robin, for some reason I haven't been able to view anyone's Photobucket videos for a while now. :( I will tell you this though, when Lacey plays, she sounds like she is gonna just kill whichever dog she is playing with! :eek: People have got very nervous when I'm talking on the phone and they hear her! :D

Pam
04-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Looks like play to me. :) The wagging tails and body language show, at least to me, that they are having a good time. I have to laugh at Zack. He is thinking....."what is wrong with those two?" :D

pitc9
04-01-2008, 07:30 AM
That's all play. If Tori was serious, she wouldn't roll over on her back or turn her back to Katie.

It's the noise that makes it appear like fighting. (I swear sometimes Buddy sounds like a Lion roaring!! :eek: )

Watch the video with the sound off and it 100% play!
I love Zack, just trying to stay the HELL out of the way! :D

anna_66
04-01-2008, 07:55 AM
LOL! Bon had to sit here with me and watch the video...too cute! He knew it was his Tori:D

I love to watch those girls play!

Freedom
04-01-2008, 08:00 AM
My goodness, they need a playroom all to themselves! No wonder you have the lovely open space in the middle of your living room. How often they do this, once a day, twice? LOL, and I thought I couldn't have knick knacks around due to the cats. :rolleyes: They could easilybump something in they rough housing, lol. Thanks for sharing!

cyber-sibes
04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
I loved watching the video, very funny! Tori's too cute! Zach looks a little bewildered, like "should I break this up, or not?" Guess he doesn't know it's a husky thing. :rolleyes: Katie's so patient, big hugs to all!

Glacier
04-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Oh, my dogs would love to get in on that! Husky WWF is not allowed in the house here. They have to go outside for that kind of silliness!

That's definately play. The sound of a real fight is different. Still growling and snarling, but in a different tone. Stuart always says if there's no blood they were playing!

Taz_Zoee
04-01-2008, 09:34 AM
HA HA, that was too cute! They were having some fun!!!

There is a Basset at the dog park we go to that plays like this with Zoee. He loves to tug on her ears, LOL. But I can tell he is just playing. :)

ramanth
04-01-2008, 10:57 AM
So cute!! I love how Zack does his best to stay out of it. ;) :D

lizbud
04-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Sounds fierce doesn't it. :D It's just noisy playing. Smokey & Maggie
go at it too, but Maggie makes all the noise. Smokey doesn't make a sound.
I always make them take it outside so one of the cats doesn't get stepped
on. The fights usually end up with a game of chase. :)

Ginger's Mom
04-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Only the first 15 seconds would load for me at home, and I can't view videos at work (poor me ;) ). I would have loved to have seen the girls in action, and I really would have loved to see how Zack reacted to them. But in any case I love the pictures, and I can just imagine the growling and jumping around. :)

Husky_mom
04-01-2008, 01:27 PM
That's definately play. The sound of a real fight is different. Still growling and snarling, but in a different tone. Stuart always says if there's no blood they were playing!

just whatI was gonna say... thereīs a slight difference that you only notice when itīs there.... huskies are so vocal many people think they are fighting big time when they are just hollering out LOL....

and Stuart is somewhat right... not all time thereīs blood but most of the time there is.....unfortunately......

K9karen
04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I see that behavior all the time at the dog park. Being so dumb, I panic internally (it doesn't involve Logan) but the owners just laugh like crazy! So far, no injuries (an occasional yelp and then it continues).The pups seem to have lots of fun!

lizbud
04-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I see that behavior all the time at the dog park. Being so dumb, I panic internally (it doesn't involve Logan) but the owners just laugh like crazy! So far, no injuries (an occasional yelp and then it continues).The pups seem to have lots of fun!

Karen, don't feel bad. I was pretty much like that too. :o You can't
really tell with strange dogs, but you sure can when they are your own
dogs. :)

Seravieve
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Definitely playing. If it was fighting, one would be cornering the other and there would be fur flying. And lots of welping, crying or yipping.

Its playing because:

1) Body language: Tails are wagging; theyre not going head to head biting each other- theyre biting and then turning around and following each other, and then pausing, and then going back.

2) Tori would never roll on the floor like she did if it was a fight.

3) There's no blood... No cuts... No missing fur...

Eli and Bunny play like this as well. They'll get each other on the ground and bit legs. Bunny really naws away on Eli's legs but it doesnt seem to bother him. When dogs fight, its very obvious. There's no doubt.

Rachel
04-02-2008, 07:46 AM
I would have sworn it was real fighting until I read that it was Tori who was making the noise, yet in the video is seemed as she was the more submissive of the two. Boy, Katie really faked me out on this one.

ParNone
04-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I can tell it's playing based on Zach's reaction. He's walking around them quite calm. If it was real fighting, he'd be distressed and panicky, barking for you to stop the insanity, before somebody gets hurt.

Les...

RobiLee
04-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Yep, its all play. With all that nasty growling it makes ya wonder...lol.

Zack does not really care much for their type of play. He likes to do the run and chase kind of thing. It use to be Zack wouldn't get anywhere near the girls when they started their playtime but he has improved quite a bit as you can tell by the video he now just acts as if it is all nothing.

Thanks for all the replies and for checking out my video everyone~!

ParNone
04-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Zack does not really care much for their type of play. He likes to do the run and chase kind of thing. It use to be Zack wouldn't get anywhere near the girls when they started their playtime but he has improved quite a bit as you can tell by the video he now just acts as if it is all nothing.

Yeh that doesn't surprise me at all. That version of play looks a wee bit too rambunctious for a Collie. :) I had Oz and Gull at my Mom's a couple of weekends ago and I let Oz play with her next door neighbor's 4 mo old Border Collie mix. Poor Oz. The puppy was pouncing on him and nipping at him. It was just too much for Oz and he wouldn't correct the puppy. He had a look of desperation for me to save him, so the neighbor finally had to corral the puppy. Oz looked so relieved.

When he and Gull play, they make a lot of noise, snap at each other and bounce and spin around in a circle near each other, but there's not tons of actual touching. All the craziness happens near each other, not on each other.

wolf_Q
04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed the pics and video, Robin! :) I think your two sound even more vicious than mine when playing, well, Tori that is, since Katie is the quiet one. :p Nebo and Keva play just as rough though, they just don't make that much noise...usually it's only Nebo that makes a sounds, with his bear growls. ;) Cisco and Nebo really look/sound like they are killing eachother sometimes, but they've never so much as left a scratch on one another.