PDA

View Full Version : Baby Kitties at School :)

Jessika
03-31-2008, 05:45 PM
These kitties were born the Friday before I started classes, so March 1. Tomorrow they will officially be one month old!! They are getting to be a handful. I went in between classes today to take pics to email to a friend who was having a rough day; I thought they might cheer him up :)

The mama is Asia, and I can't remember the babies names; I know theres Ernie (he's the more adventurous one, always getting himself into trouble!), and Chloe, and I'll be darned if I can remember any others lol. The little black one is a girl, but the spots on her mouth where her black and white fur meets... she has a curly handle-bar mustache; it's ADORABLE!!!

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v191/8/11/501889047/n501889047_751592_3837.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v191/8/11/501889047/n501889047_751591_9214.jpg

And before anyone asks; the cage has two levels to it :)

Hope you enjoyed!

momcat
03-31-2008, 05:49 PM
That is guaranteed to cheer anyone up, those adorable babies sure brightened up our dreary Monday here in Trenton! There's something totally irresistable about baby kittens!

cassiesmom
03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Hello, precious baby kitties!

kb2yjx
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
You just made my day!!!! Too precious!!!! Momma is a beauty!!

Jessika
03-31-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah, mama is gorgeous; if we didn't already have a zoo here I would adopt her in a HEARTBEAT.

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
The mother sure is gorgeous and the kittens are adorable.:)

Barbara
04-01-2008, 03:01 AM
What an adorable family :)

catmandu
04-01-2008, 09:45 AM
What sweet Kittens!
Its a shame that they face an uncertain future in a country where sadly there are so many potential Furr Friends looking for a home.
If only that Momma Cat had been spayed.

DJFyrewolf36
04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
The little black and white one reminds me of Hoodini :D I hope they all get adopted (and fixed too).

Jessika
04-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh no worries, they will all be spayed and neutered before being adopted out. In fact, we were able to watch a neuter last week of a dog named Costello, and last night they had to do an emergency spay on another pregnant mama, Paula, who's cervix was open for more than 24 hours because she was aborting her kittens and was at very high risk for infection... All kittens were stillborn, some were severely underdeveloped (one's cartilage hadn't even started to harden yet to form bones, the poor kitten was... and I hate using this description, just... skin and "goo", others were more developed but some had clearly been aborted earlier in the pregnancy) and the mama is still at high risk for infection... it was either lose the kitties AND mama, or lose the kitties... but either way the kitties were dead :( It's sad... the mama is still "in ICU" you could call it, and it's still iffy either way.

But they care so much about the animals here, we actually are graded on how well we care for them, and it's a huge chunk of our grade and if we continually are late to kennel and/or mess up we can even be dismissed from the program, even if we have otherwise perfect grades. That's how serious they are here about the animals' welfare.

But yeah, all animals are scheduled to be spayed/neutered before we adopt them back out. All animals we receive are from a local no-kill shelter :)

pitc9
04-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh they are too cute!

How sad about Paula's kittens. :(

nancys
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
:) They are cute!!! I love them all - thanks for posting such cute photos! :) :) :)

momtomany
04-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Momma really is a beauty and her babies are too cute. Nothing like a family picture to brighten up the day.

momcat
04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi Jessika, I just had to come by again to take another look at those adorable little babies! How are they doing today?

Jessika
04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi Jessika, I just had to come by again to take another look at those adorable little babies! How are they doing today?
I'm not on kennel this week so I won't see them as much, however I heard one of them wandered over to mama's food this morning when they were cleaning the kennel and started licking up some of her wet food! :) It's exciting because they'd never been interested in her food before, looks like they're starting to wean themselves!

cassiesmom
04-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Jessika, I just came to look at the sweet family photo again! Glad to read they're doing well. How sad about Paula Cat and her kittens.

Catty1
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
How is Paula Cat?

Medusa
04-02-2008, 07:51 AM
The kittens are adorable and mom is so pretty. I hope everyone is doing well and lives happily ever after.

Jessika
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
How is Paula Cat?
Paula is actually doing much better today, IMO, compared to yesterday anyway. She was standing/sitting in her kennel versus laying under some towels. They even put a cat bed in there for her. Though she isn't out of the woods yet and she still has another surgery to undergo (when they did her ovariohysterectomy the uterus was "leaking" and they were afraid it would contaminate the rest of her body so they just got it out as quick as possible, not to mention the horrible scarring from an assumed previous pregnancy that pretty much fused her bladder to her uteris, so they were not fully able to remove part of the uterus including the cervix) to remove the rest of her uterus/cervix. She IS urinating though which is a really really good sign that they didn't mess anything up as far as her bladder goes, but she's still under close supervision. :)

Oh and I believe I actually have a picture of Paula I'd taken on Saturday or so, before her emergency spay... I'll see if I can dig it up.

http://www.dont-stay.com/off/paula-pre-operative.jpg

Jessika
04-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Paula is doing a million times better today; the DR still says she "isn't out of the woods yet" but she's doing a lot better than she'd originally presumed :)