PDA

View Full Version : BraveHeart update, 3-31-08

jenluckenbach
03-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Vet day today......

He lost weight. :( (Not unexpected, he eats so little) Lost 6 oz. He is 5 lb 14 oz now, was 6 lb 4 oz 2 weeks ago.

Test results tomorrow or the next day.

But he LOVES his Charlie! :D It is almost disgusting how cute he is around Charlie. :p LOL And Charlie loves him right back. AAAWWWWW.

Pray for positive test results, we could use some good news.

kittycats_delight
03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
praying for pawsitive test results for Braveheart. It is so nice that he loves Charlie so much and he is finally getting the love he so deserves. You have done so good by him. You have once again been an angel to a kitty that needed you so.

Michelle

Medusa
03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
We pray w/out ceasing around here, especially when it comes to our PT family.....

Freedom
03-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh dear, losing weight when you are that small to start with . . . Come on dear boy, see if you can help Jen a bit and EAT!

We are all praying here, Jen.

columbine
03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Come by the food bowl and nibble your yummies
Nibble it slowly and keep it down fairly,
Stand by yer Jennie and fill your sweet tummy,
Ye can stay long as ye wish with your Charlie.

- not really Cam' Ye by Athole Braes, but very sincere

catmandu
03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
The Found Cats are praying that the little gift that they sent will lift Bravehearts spirits.
We are praying that he will start eating soon, and that you and Charles can love him for years to come.

momcat
03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Prayers continue to be prayed for sweet Braveheart.

kb2yjx
03-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Jen, prayers are heading out to BraveHeart!!! It is good that he has become so fond of Charlie!! Don't be jealous!!!! Cats tend to " choose " their people. Like our cats, they all LOVE Barry!!! Fingers crossed for good results and that BraveHeart will hold his weight!!!! HUGS to you for working so hard for him!

momtomany
03-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Lots of prayers for Braveheart are going up. Hopefully his lab reports will be good and he will maintain the weight he has right now.

phesina
03-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Prayers for BraveHeart from all of us. We love him so much and you and Charlie so much for taking such good care of him.

God bless you all,

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and cats

jenluckenbach
03-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Blood results are back!

They only ran a CBC (not an entire workup) but his Hematocrit and Red cell count numbers are BETTER!!! WOO HOOOOOOO!! I guess sticking with the medicines (and the many prayers) are paying off! THANK YOU!

Freedom
03-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Woo Hoooooooooo is right~!

Hang in there Jen, as you know, lots of folks here are supporting you and Braveheart.

cassiesmom
03-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Woo-Hoo is right! Precious BraveHeart, please try to eat a little more, kthx.

Moesha
03-31-2008, 08:03 PM
YaY Braveheart!!! Good job with the work you've been doing for him Jen!

Emeraldgreen
03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
That is great news about his blood results!! I hope that he starts to eat more soon. Have you tried to give him the 9Lives tuna? My cats go mental for it. :)
I know you said he prefers his crunchies but this food seems to attract every single one of my cats. Usually only some of them enjoy what I'm dishing up while others turn their noses up and wander off.

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm so glad to hear that his bloodwork results came back better.:) Hopefully he'll begin to eat more and be able to gain some weight. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.:)

Catty1
04-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Come on, Brave Baby! Start eating! :D Great news on the bloodwork - anything on the kidney levels?

HUGS to Charlie's boy! LOL

A couple I know volunteer for our Humane Society and have failed fostering several times! She bottled raised a wee kitten - and now the grown kitty is Daddy's girl! Go figure... ;)

Barbara
04-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Filou who is 6 lb now sends his best thoughts. He says weight does not influence the energy you have :rolleyes:
I know how it is when you are looking at 50 g difference- and not just at half a lb. Good to hear his levels are better.

phesina
04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Hallelujah, BraveHeart!

momcat
04-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Wonderful news!!!! Come on now, Braveheart, keep on fighting and keep on eating :)

jenluckenbach
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
April 1st, photo of BraveHeart

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/BraveHeart/BraveHeart4-1-08.jpg

kb2yjx
04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
O BraveHeart!!!! Despite your missing fur, you are still very HANDSOME!!! Hope you continue to eat....prayers!!!!

jennielynn1970
04-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh, that photo is heartbreaking... he looks so painfully thin. I hope he starts to eat more and put on some weight.

Big hugs going out to that sweet boy!

cassiesmom
04-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Woo-Hoo is right! Precious BraveHeart, please try to eat a little more, kthx.
Awwww, sweets. You are so thin. Please try to eat a LOT more, k? Thx! Jenn, is there anything you can do for a kitty who's not "into" food, to boost his appetite? I'll keep praying. BraveHeart, please, please try to get some food in your tummy.

phesina
04-02-2008, 07:20 PM
So sweet to see your beautiful new picture, BraveHeart.

We all continue to say our prayers.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and cats

smokey the elder
04-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Please eat lots of yummy food, Braveheart.

jenluckenbach
04-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I may have discovered a weakness of his.........PEOPLE FOOD!

He was pesting for some pizza, and would not take NO for an answer. But I worry that his tummy might get upset, so we only gave him small amounts.

Next......deli turkey! Why did I not try this earlier??? (I guess because I've got cat hair for brains, sometimes) Well, I guess he'll be getting his fill of turkey for as long as he wants it.

So, what else might he like that would not upset his delicate tummy??

kuhio98
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
When I was trying everything possible to keep some weight on Kuhio, I minced up (as finely as possible) ham lunch meat and American cheese. She loved it and managed to keep it down.

Catty1
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Hmmm....BraveHeart must have been 'trained' in his long-ago home! ;)

I'd check with the vet...processed stuff like deli turkey (if it's 'turkey roll') might be high in salt.

If a grocery store has those bbq'd chickens, getting one or two of those would be economical - take off the skin, chop up the meat stuff, and freeze what you can't use.

Also - rinsed and drained tinned salmon and tuna. Un-tinned shrimp - hopefully you can get a generic bag of pre-cooked for not too much money. (That's just for treats!)

Also...raw stewing beef cut into tiny soft bits, or raw burger. Burger that is fairly high-fat might be a good thing, unless his liver or kidneys indicate otherwise.

Hmmm....ground beef liver....high in iron!

What a hopeful sign! :D

columbine
04-03-2008, 07:50 PM
So, what else might he like that would not upset his delicate tummy??Baked chicken! Get a package of boneless thighs and just bake them in a covered casserole. What BraveHeart doesn't eat, you can cut up and toss with pasta or slice up for sandwiches!

Emeraldgreen
04-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I have a couple of cats that go crazy for deli ham. It seems to have a very strong smell and they just love it.
Another favourite is salmon cream cheese! Tiger will be getting some tonight! :)

kittycats_delight
04-04-2008, 03:43 AM
I wish you guys had almo nature there. It is all meat and rice sometimes with a tiny bit of a particular veggie. It is all natural. All my cats love it and it has never upset anyone's tummy even after surgery and whatnot. I don't think it is available in North America. I have just sent an email to Almo Nature to see if their products are available in the USA and more particularly in your state Jen. I have also asked them for a list of places it can be purchased if it is available there.

kb2yjx
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
This is too much!!! BraveHeart has been holding out on you Jen!!!! You might try scrambling an egg in not too much butter. Plain yogurt, cottage cheese....If I listed all the foods the Clan like, I'd run out of space!!!! They even eat cauliflower, broccoli, apples, canteloupe, o,yes, they LOVE pizza just like BraveHeart!!! Eat up!!!! And enjoy!!!! Hooray for BraveHeart!!! And the patience of Jen(and for ordering pizza, too!!)!!!

Grace
04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
How about some of that shredded cheese. If he likes it, you could sprinkle some on top of every meal :)