PDA

View Full Version : Help with final exam needed - readings added

Pawsitive Thinking
03-31-2008, 08:37 AM
I have just completed the 8 assignments on my course (and passed them all - yay me!) which is why I haven't been around for a while.......

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=140014

and now it's time for the final exam :eek: For this I have to do five complete animal communication case studies and I was wondering if any of you lovely people would volunteer your pets to help me out.

If you are interested please pm me and I will send you the communication report sheet to answer a few initial questions. I will also need a photo of the animal to give me something to focus on.

Any information would be kept confidential and the exam paper would not give any contact details.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Incredible! In less than an hour I have all 5 case studies - thanks guys.

I will, however, need to practise and strengthen my new found skills once my exam has been submitted (and passed).....

Karen
03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Excellent, good luck!

DJFyrewolf36
03-31-2008, 05:50 PM
If you need any additional practice don't hesitate to ask! I have such a diverse group of furkids that it would be interesting to see what an animal communicator would say about them and how they get along with each other. Is it just dogs you do or do you do cats as well?

What a facinating subject!

jennielynn1970
03-31-2008, 08:10 PM
That's really cool.

If you ever want to talk to any of my dysfunctional cats, just let me know! :p ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-01-2008, 03:55 AM
Is it just dogs you do or do you do cats as well?

Happy to have a go with any animal :D

Pawsitive Thinking
04-04-2008, 04:09 AM
Have just sent my first two readings to the respective owners :eek:

Whisk_Luva
04-04-2008, 10:58 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1996048#post1996048

Thank you Denise :D

carole
04-05-2008, 05:17 PM
If you want some kiwi kitties just holler . ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-08-2008, 03:55 AM
Happy to do lots more once my exam papers have been submitted. If you are interested please pm me your email address so I can send you a communication record sheet. I will also need a photo of your pet to focus on.

Could be a week or so before I am able to respond but would love to have the opportunity to meet all your furbabies

Pawsitive Thinking
04-11-2008, 07:11 AM
My animal communication thingy seems to be going really well so I thought I would give it a proper name. Trouble is, I have no idea what ;) so there is a free reading for anyone who comes up with the best name

P.S. I am not actually charging for readings until I pass my exam but will happily suggest you donate to the Pet Talk Fund in the meantime ;)

beeniesmom
04-11-2008, 07:31 AM
OK.... name submissions...

The PAWsitive Facts :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Like it ;) Actually Think PAWsitive would work too....

Pawsitive Thinking
04-11-2008, 09:28 AM
using working title of PAWsitive Thinking for the time being......

JenBKR
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Neesy your reading of Roscoe was so right on....everything you said makes so much sense. Thank you so much! You are a fantastic animal communicator!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-16-2008, 04:57 AM
I submitted 5 readings yesterday for my final exam and should get the results within the next 2 weeks....

Thanks to all who "lent" me their pets for this. I still have a few other readings to do for people so will be getting on with these very soon. I now have a separate address for this work which is:

[email protected]

I also have to recoup the money I spent on the course and was wondering if $20/£10/Euro 15 would be an acceptable amount to charge for any new reading requests?

This won't apply to any of you who have already sent photos and I have sent communcation report sheets to but if you want to make a donation to the Pet Talk Fund instead that would be great!

beeniesmom
04-16-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I think 20 dollars is reasonable. Your work is really accurate. Great job!

JenBKR
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I think that $20 is a great price. Your reading of Roscoe was amazing!

Kfamr
04-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm sorry I missed out on this... I love getting my dogs "read."

Maybe when I save up some $$ again (I've spent way too much this week on camera equipment and $300 in vet bills) I'll send you an e-mail. :)

Do you have any of the readings you've done of other PT pups for viewing?

Pawsitive Thinking
04-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Have just found out that I passed my exam so now have my Diploma in Animal Communication :) I will ask if anyone is willing to make their readings public

ramanth
04-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Congrats!! :D

ChrisH
04-18-2008, 04:30 AM
Congratulations!

Pawsitive Thinking
04-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks everyone!

Am now in the process of getting Pawsitive-Thinking up and running properly - even going to attempt a website so be prepared for lots of "help me" messages..............I am so much better with animals than technology!

JenBKR
04-18-2008, 09:02 AM
You can make Roscoe's reading public Neesy! It was right on target, I can't say enough good things about it :D

Pawsitive Thinking
04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks Jen!

Ellie is currently working hard on putting together a website for me so any of you would like to write a testimonial to go on it that would be great! Doesn't have to be elaborate just a few words saying what you thought about it.

Can be sent to me using the link below my logo

I am leaving it up to the animal and their owner to decide how much they want to divulge about their reading on PT

finn's mom
04-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I thought Denise was spot on with her reading. He acted as I expected him to, very eager and happy. The only thing I was not sure about was the itchiness, but her explanation does seem to make sense, as I don't think he's allergic to anything. The part about the wheeziness really threw me, because he does sometimes do that, and I don't remember ever saying anything about it, even on Pet Talk, because it's so slight and he rarely does it. I may have her read Freckles and Dudley next. :) The parts in italics are the initial questions, my answers immediately follow. Everything after "initial session" is Denise's reading. :)

Brief history: how old was the animal when he/she joined the family, where did he/she come from, any previous illness or accidents, general interaction with people and other animals, any previous treatment, diet and exercise routine.

Finn was 7.5 weeks old when he joined my family (at the time, my family consisted of me, my boyfriend Chris, and our cat Lock). He came from a "breeder" in Bonham, TX. I never met his parents, I bought him literally off the side of the road in Lewisville, TX. Not the best place at all to obtain a puppy, but we've been more than fortunate with his health and temperament.

Finn and I left Chris and Lock to be nomads for a bit, living in a couple places (once with an adult male friend, no other pets and once with two adult males, a preteen girl and another lab). We moved in with my parents (no other pets) for a year, and then moved in with my boyfriend, David, and his two small dogs and that is where we have been for the last two years (with a brief stay for about five months with an adult female friend and her small dog).

He's never had any illnesses or physical accidents. This next part is detailed and may not be necessary so I've surrounded it in asterisks. ***The only time he's been in the vet for anything other than checkups and/or inoculations has been once when he got into a ton of stuff he wasn't supposed to. He had a very distended stomach, was horrendously gassy (from both ends, he could clear the room), and had an odd pillowy reaction on his neck (the vet didn't think it was an allergic reaction, though, necessarily). It was filled with fluid. A couple days later, after everything else had settled down, I noticed a lime sized lump under his mouth (felt like it was between the skin and his palette). With some homeopathic aids, that cleared up. My vet believed it to be an injured salivary gland that was producing saliva, but not draining it.***

Finn's 90% great with other people and animals. I've honestly never seen him have any issues with people, stranger or familiar person. I've seen him, on occasion, get ugly with other dogs, although never with any of the dogs he's shared a home with and I am unsure how he'd be with cats now. He has had face offs with a couple of dogs at the dog park and on occasion will get nasty at the end of his leash. Recently, he had to be pulled off the ground when an aggressive pug ran up to us (Finn was on leash and the pug wasn't).

The only treatments he's had are the aforementioned homeopathic "meds" he was on for about a week. His diet consists of raw meat, fruits and veggies, a multivitamin once daily, a condroitin/glucosamine treat once daily for hip care...and a smattering of all natural doggie treats. He typically eats either a pound or two of meat, depending on his daily exercise. The more he exercises, the more he eats. His exercise consists of short walks with the other two dogs, and hard exercise off leash (uphill and shallow water retrieves). He competes on average once a month with the sport of dock jumping, where he runs full speed off a forty foot dock into a pool of water, averaging now about 20 feet per jump. Those events usually are two or three days long.

Current situation: any particular concerns or new habits, will the animal be forthcoming or need to be prompted with questions

I believe Finn will divulge all information. :) I think he'll be forthcoming. The only concerns I really have with him are because of his habit of eating everything he can reach, even when he's alone for only five or ten minutes. It doesn't have to be smelly or tasty either. Although the stuff he gets into usually is...and most recently, he ate about a month's worth of human multi vitamins and threw up in four different places. Other than being a little under the weather that day and the next, it didn't seem to affect him (this was a different occasion than the one I took him to the vet for).

He does seem to itch sometimes, more than just your normal itchiness. At first, when we lived in Plano, I thought it was the grass in the backyard (he was hesitant to go out there and preferred to pee in the side and front yards). He may have developed an allergy to food, though I hope not. :)

-------Initial Session-------

Specific questions to be asked from details given above:

Why were you aggressive towards the other dogs?

Why do you eat things that aren’t good for you?

How are you feeling generally?

Brief notes during session (to be recorded concurrently):

Session not recorded as it was a distance reading

What stands out most in Finn’s reading was how enthusiastic and eager to learn he is. He reminded me of the kid in class who always has their hand up with the answer but is immensely likeable too. In fact when I was deciding which reading to do next I got a distinct “pick me, pick me” vibe from him. He has a fantastic zest for life and will throw himself wholeheartedly into everything whether he is competing, playing or just finding new way of getting into mischief! He cannot resist trying new things even if the results end up with him in trouble. He very rarely learns from his mistakes, which is why he is tempted by all those things he shouldn’t eat! It is not out of boredom, just pure curiosity.

Finn is a happy go lucky dog but will stand his ground with those of a less pleasant disposition – he is nobody’s fool and has reacted to other dogs when he felt they needed putting in their place. Had he been off his lead he would have done this in a less aggressive way.

Generally, Finn views everyone as a potential new friend and playmate but won’t take any nonsense if they show behaviour to the contrary. A playful, friendly cat would be seen as fun for him but one with attitude might not be tolerated so well. If he had a motto it would be “Bring it on Mum!”

Body Scan

Finn has a lively and inquisitive mind although he doesn’t always thinks things through.

Sometimes his skin feels a little “tight” and once he starts scratching it feels so good that he doesn’t want to stop. A typical Finn approach to life – he gives it his all!

I didn’t pick up on any food allergy – he seems to be in very good health both mentally and physically. There was a slight wheeziness with his breathing but this was so faint that it may be something he will suffer from in the future although it does not appear to be anything to worry about.

wolf_Q
04-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the great readings on Nebo and Keva Denise! You can share theirs if you want.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Posted with kind permission of the pets and their owners :D (and #26)

Keva

Keva is cheeky and full of mischief and is usually so wrapped up in what she is doing that she forgets all about needing to pee until it is too late. Picture the toddler crossing her legs and that is your Keva! Her infection was probably urinary and caused by her holding her bladder for too long because she was too busy doing something else.

I get the feeling that her barking at certain people isn’t because she dislikes them; she thinks they aren’t paying her enough attention and wants to remind them she is there although she does have the propensity to go a bit over the top.

She thinks the world of Nebo – he is quite the hero to her and she is very proud of her big brother.

As for the poop eating issue it seems to be a bit of a game to her. She is keen to see what you will come up with next and is using it as a way of teasing you. If you don’t react, just clear it up, it will take all the fun out of it for her. I think she could be easily distracted from this by finding something less revolting for her to do

Nebo

Nebo has an open and friendly face which reflects his overall personality. He is very intuitive and often picks up that some people aren’t genuinely fond of dogs so tends to give them a wide berth. It is the same with other dogs who may appear to be friendly but have a hidden agenda that Nebo recognises.

He loves having Keva around, she keeps him on his toes and keeps him feeling young. He has learnt from her that other dogs can be fun which is why is a bit more relaxed around them and more willing to play.

Physically, he feels in tip-top condition. His eye doesn’t bother him as he feels it only really happens if he is tired. His stomach problems are mainly because he is quite a sensitive boy and this is the area of this body that reacts first.

Roscoe

Roscoe is an old dog’s mind in a young dog’s body. He is so used to being a companion and quiet that he has forgotten that it’s okay to be himself and do silly things at the right time.

He thoroughly enjoys his games with you but is aware of how busy you are. Roscoe is a very considerate dog, one of life’s gentlemen, who puts his needs last which is pretty unusual. This could be why he waits to eat with you and is keeping out of the way during the day. He is not avoiding your company; it is his way of helping out and lightening your load.

He is puzzled by Ty at the moment and isn’t quite sure what to make of him although there is no thought of aggression towards the little person. He will reserve judgement and be guided by you.

Oddly enough, the peeing in the house issue is simply because he doesn’t want to bring attention to himself by asking to go out.

Body Scan

I can see a few aches and pains as he gets older but this is way off yet and nothing out of the ordinary. I get the feeling that a lot of it will be in his mind.

Roscoe is not one of life’s leaders but is a willing participant in any activity once he has been invited to join in.

finn's mom
04-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Very cool readings...I really liked reading Roscoe's. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Whisk

Whisk can be best described as vague! He has a wonderfully laid back approach to life and likes not having any set routine. He potties wherever he feels like on any particular day and doesn’t feel compelled to use the same area for long periods as he knows his home is kept very clean for him. It could also be his way of making sure every corner is cleaned!

He runs on top of his wheel because he likes to be different and he gets a much better view from up there! He would like some tunnels to run through some times.

Whisk likes his food but likes to be able to hold it comfortably in his paws – he finds the chew sticks a bit awkward to handle but would happily give smaller pieces a try.

I’m not entirely sure why he chews your clothes or nibbles people. I don’t think he realises that it is something he shouldn’t really be doing.

Whisk is very self-sufficient – he loves his world and doesn’t feel the need to be with other animals. He likes his own company and is happy to have a look at Chino then wander off to do his own thing.

He enjoys his cuddles with you as it makes him feel warm and safe. He sees you as the provider of all the good things in his life although sometimes senses that you can be a bit anxious about him. He loves that he is so important to you but doesn’t want you to fret – he says to enjoy each day as it comes Mum, like he does.

The nicknames really don’t bother him as he only really hears the tone you use when you are talking to him and not the actual name.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-23-2008, 05:12 AM
but I can also do readings with RB pets

kittycats_delight
04-23-2008, 06:05 AM
but I can also do readings with RB pets

Actually Denise, I think that is really great. I am sure there are many people who would like to get closure and to know that their RB pet understands they are still loved and will always be a part of their persons heart. It can make the world of difference for someone who lost a pet without warning or under tragic circumstances.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-23-2008, 06:30 AM
www.pawsitive-thinking.co.uk

Catty1
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I would love you to do a reading of my mom's beloved Pyka. What do you need mostly - photos etc?

Please let me know.

Thanks. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I would love you to do a reading of my mom's beloved Pyka. What do you need mostly - photos etc?

Please let me know.

Thanks. :)

I can use the photos from the threads you sent me if you want - a truly beautiful cat. Will be happy to do this for you - if you let me have your email address I can send you a communication sheet to fill in.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-24-2008, 05:33 AM
I am going to start a new thread in market place for all future reading requests - don't want to miss any ;)

Jessika
05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Do you still need subjects? I'm mad I missed this when you first put it up!!! Cause I would really love to know what Charlie is thinking sometimes... he's so odd!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-28-2008, 03:35 AM
Do you still need subjects? I'm mad I missed this when you first put it up!!! Cause I would really love to know what Charlie is thinking sometimes... he's so odd!

I have now qualified as an animal communicator so am charging for readings. However, I am not charging much ;) Have a look at www.pawsitive-thinking.co.uk

Pawsitive Thinking
05-30-2008, 04:58 AM
The communication report sheet can now be copied from my website

http://www.pawsitive-thinking.co.uk/contact.html.html