PDA

View Full Version : Do you sing/dance with your pets??

moosmom
03-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Mollie Rose LOVES to sit on my lap and listen to Izzy sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow while getting massaged.

Shortie loves to dance with me while listening to Rob Thomas. The other cats could care less.

Anyone else as nutty as me??? :D

sirrahbed
03-29-2008, 02:34 PM
:o I do. Hubby does too. Lizzie does not like much singing though - she gets upset like she does if anyone cries. I sing/song to them when I am talking, too - made up silly songs using their names and such. We also leave on country music for them when we are leaving the house. Come on - I bet just about all of us do this right? :D

Emeraldgreen
03-29-2008, 02:40 PM
My husband walks around singing familiar tunes like 'It's a Wonderful World' but replaces all the words with the name of one of our cats. It varies as to which name he uses but it is so funny. I can hear him in the shower singing away or while he's vacuuming or something and whoever's name he is using (Stinky for example) will watch him intently, as if they know the song is specially for them. I think it is whatever cat he happens to spot right when he feels like bursting into song. :)
I razz him about it all the time and he doesn't even realize he's doing it. I always tell him, "your friends would give you such a hard time if they caught you singing to our cats!!" LOL

chocolatepuppy
03-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I sing to all my furkids. Don't know if they like my voice much, but I'm sure they like the attention. :D No dancing. I used to dance with my RB Corey, he was a 90 lb Shepherd/Collie. I'd love to do freestyle dancing with Layla. ;)

Kfamr
03-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I sing to my dogs all the time. Kiara told Nancy Efrusy that she loves when I sing to her, it's soothing, and she thinks I have a beautiful voice. :rolleyes: :p

kuhio98
03-29-2008, 04:43 PM
All our kitties like to listen to music. We put their favorite CDs on -- Enya, Forest sounds, Mary Hopkins, etc. :) They zone out and are very content. Halo, Cammie and Pepper have their own "theme" songs that we sing to them all the time. :rolleyes: They seem to like it.

Kuhio liked music too, but she hated when someone whistled! Once, when I was taking a long, bubblebath, reading a paperback, I didn't realize that I had been whistling until Kuhio came barreling into the bathroom yowling shut up! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! :eek: at the top of her lungs.

moosmom
03-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Alrighty then...I'm not the only LOONY TOON in the bunch!!!

Some of my cats like it, others are old and crank and can't be bothered.

Medusa
03-30-2008, 08:15 AM
When the song "Bad Boys" comes on (the theme song on Cops), it says "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?", I sing "Bad Boo, Bad Boo, etc., and Boo comes running. Then I flop him over my shoulder and cup my hand while smacking his butt to the rhythm. He's in heaven when I do that, the little weirdo. :p

Cincy'sMom
03-30-2008, 08:29 AM
I've done freestyle dancing with both Sadie and Cincy...they performed in a sqaure dance at half time of a Toledo basketball game, and both of the girls have done the Christmas show at the dance studio once to Something barked on Christmas Morning. I do make up sill songs with their names sometimes too...when no one else is around!

Funny story about RB Oreo. When I was in college I came home one weekend and was playing Harry Connick Jr. She started howling!!!! This dog was almost 10 at the time, and had never reacted to our music before, but for some reason she either really liked (or really disliked!) that CD, and she would howl like crazy!!!!

Freedom
03-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Do you sing/dance with your pets??

Doesn't everyone? I wont say anymore than that! ;) :D