PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Kitty!

Emeraldgreen
03-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I can't believe this guy!! Last night I was sitting in our den and having a few ginger cookies for dessert. I had one in my hand which was hanging over the side of the chair for one second and Paddington made a beeline for it and grabbed it and ran off with it!!! I couldn't believe it. I raced over to him and took back what was left. He ate a really big bite of it. I was kind of worried because I didn't know if ginger was okay for cats so I googled it. I didn't find anything though. Anyone else have a cat that is attracted to ginger? :confused: Bizarre!
Here is mister naughty pants:

[IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/IMG_3113-1.jpg

lvpets2002
03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
;) This little house is so Cute.. Stinky :D .. No I dont think ginger is bad for animals.. Pluss it was a cooked cookie.. Too Funny.. Thats ok Stinky your so Cute & Adorable..

cassiesmom
03-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm with lvpets2002, I don't think ginger is bad for cats. Cassie has licked up gingersnap crumbs. She loves any kind of cookies though! Paddington, you are not stinky ... you're beautiful!

Emeraldgreen
03-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I have another cat named Stinky and that is her little house but she never uses it. Paddy thinks it's his, even though it is a bit of a tight squeeze for him. :) LOL

catmandu
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I dont think that ginger will hurt Paddington at all.
Cats are usually very careful of what they eat, and wont touch something that will hurt them.

Freedom
03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Now Paddy, what on earth caused that? Does meowmy have you on a diet, perhaps?

Loved seeing him in 'his' house! And mom ,next time, keep your hands - and CRUMBS - ON the table or over a plate! ;)

kb2yjx
03-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Too funny!!! At least you know he has good taste in baked goods!!! I have used ginger for Spunky for car sickness.

momcat
03-28-2008, 06:48 PM
It's pretty hard to believe that such a little sweetie could ever be nawtee. Poor little guy looks so sad, perhaps he's wanting to say, "I'm sorry, Meowmie!"

How about it, PT friends...AMNESTY FOR PADDINGTON!!!!!!!

Catlady711
03-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Kitties love to be naughty and snatch things they aren't supposed to have, that's part of the fun.

I don't have any cats that seem attracted to ginger but....

Bear and Josh LOVE BBQ potato chips. I don't give them any but if you're eating them they won't stay out of your face and will even sniff your breath and lick crumbs off your face! :eek:

Dusty used to have an affection for doritos and cashews :confused:

AlleyCat
03-29-2008, 01:10 AM
LOL that STINKY house and the STINKY kitty inside are just too adorable ;)

Emeraldgreen
03-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Now Paddy, what on earth caused that? Does meowmy have you on a diet, perhaps?

Loved seeing him in 'his' house! And mom ,next time, keep your hands - and CRUMBS - ON the table or over a plate! ;)

LOL! That is good advice!

Medusa
03-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Aw, he was just being a boy. That's so cute! If I didn't know better, I'd swear he was taking lessons from Puddy. She does the same thing w/butter cookies. Don't be too hard on him. He looks so cute in his little house. And innocent, too. :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Awe... he just wanted you to share!! Poor Paddy! I think all good kitties deserve some cookies now and then... Sophie definitely agrees with me. She's my cookie monster in this house!

Emeraldgreen
03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Aw, he was just being a boy. That's so cute! If I didn't know better, I'd swear he was taking lessons from Puddy. She does the same thing w/butter cookies. Don't be too hard on him. He looks so cute in his little house. And innocent, too. :rolleyes:

I know, he does look so innocent! LOL I must say, even though I was worried about him ingesting ginger, I was laughing so much when he first grabbed it because he's never done anything like that and it was something a dog would do, not a cat! He's quite a character, I'm so glad that he is part of our family. I really feel that he was meant for us and my only regret is that we didn't find him sooner. But, we'll enjoy each moment we have with him. More reason to get those pounds off him so we can keep him even longer. The weather is getting much warmer so some serious walkie sessions are coming up! :)

Catlady711
03-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Gosh I almost totally forgot. Shortly after Cami was finally out of quaranteen and allowed full roam of the house she kept bugging me while I was eating (she's quite the piglet). I was eating a stew with big onion quarters in it, so figuring a cat wouldn't like onion smell I showed her a piece on my fork. Well the little bugger grabbed the whole chunk right off the fork and ran across the room to eat it! Akkkk I went into panic mode not knowing for sure if she should even have onion. So I ended up reaching in her mouth and snabbing the thing back out again. Fortunately she never did get a piece of it, and didn't have any problems afterwards. I've learned never show a cat some food thinking they won't eat it, unless you are willing for them to have it. lol

NoahsMommy
03-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Aww! Too cute! Sounds like something my naw-tee kitties would do as well. Basil would do it ESPECIALLY if there was a possibility of it harming him...I don't get him. :( But, I'm pretty sure that the ginger isn't harmful, especially now that its cooked.

All the pictures are soooo cute, btw!

Hugs,
Kelly & Kitties

xoxoxoxoxox