PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna invent an alarm for cellphones...

moosmom
03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
I have lost my cellphone CONSTANTLY in the past year. It's VERY frustrating. This latest "loss" I've been going back and forth between my apt. and Mike & Carolyn's house. I looked everywhere. I finally called work and that's where I left it. I'm in no hurry to get it back. I'll get it when I go into work tonight.

I feel SOOOOO stupid!!! :rolleyes:

Randi
03-28-2008, 11:19 AM
You're not old enough to do such things!? :D Glad you finally found it!

I should ask John's son to invent one, he works as an engineer for Nokia.

Karen
03-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Remember when we were little, some kids had a piece of yarn that ran from one mitten, through the coat sleeves, over to the other so the mittens wouldn't get lost? And I'm sure you've seen the guys who keep their wallets on a chain hooked to the belt-loop - some combination of those ideas! You need a cell phone chain!

Where do you normally keep you cell phone?

moosmom
03-28-2008, 10:18 PM
In my jeans pocket. But it falls out alot. I've tried those gizmos you hook on your belt, but I don't wear a belt. *sigh*

sasvermont
03-28-2008, 10:24 PM
.........Misplacing your phone and just plain old not recognizing what that annoying sound is, coming from your pocket.....which is worse?

I haven't lost my phone lately, but have managed to sitt and listened to the ringing sound...wonder why the TV would have such a sound coming from it....or just the other night, was sitting with the phone in my pocket, it starting ringing AND vibrating and I still didn't know what it was....

It must be old age...... :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
03-28-2008, 10:49 PM
LOL I need one myself. Usually I end up calling it to see where it floated off to but it really doesn't help if I leave the thing out of earshot :p

Catlady711
03-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I've had mine get buried in the bottom of my purse or fell out in the car before. I just have someone else with a cell phone call it and track down the ringing tone. lol I usually feel really dumb when it's in my purse though because it's not like I didn't dig through it myself first. :rolleyes:

Karen
03-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Donna, got an idea for you! You wear jeans. Jeans have belt LOOPS. Make a little tether - okay, take a piece of yarn, loop it around the middle of the cell phone and tie a knot. Reinforce it staying with a piece of pretty tape to tape the yarn to the back of the phone. Now cut the yarn long enough for the phone to be useable while still tether to your belt loop. Tie a jingle bell on the end of the yarn, and then tie the "bell end" to you belt loop each morning, and stuff the rest of the yarn and phone into your pocket. Why a jingle bell? Two reasons: A. Jingle bells are always appropriate in fashion, right?
B. If the yarn manages to come untied, and the phone falls out of your pocket, the jingle bell will jingle when it hits the floor, saying "Donna! I fell!"

CountryWolf07
03-29-2008, 09:32 AM
I always lose my cell phone, how? It slips out of my back pocket of my jeans, so it is pretty frustrating. Now I just throw it in my bookbag or purse so I don't lose it.

moosmom
03-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Karen,

Mine has a small "hole" where I can put strong piece of string through it, then maybe a clip. I don't know. OR I could learn to keep better track of it!! :p

Karen
03-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Karen,

Mine has a small "hole" where I can put strong piece of string through it, then maybe a clip. I don't know. OR I could learn to keep better track of it!! :p

Oh, that makes it much easier! Then a long string and something that'll make noise when dropped and you're ready to go!

Suki Wingy
03-29-2008, 04:38 PM
I've lost mine for weeks at a time. The last time it was missing from October until just recently and it was in a purse I never use. Someone at home cleaned up by grabbing all of my belongings that were laying about and putting them in the purse before hanging it up in the closet, then forgot what they did.

It's already been de-activated but it was only a $20 pay as you go phone from virgin mobile so it's not a huge loss at least.

moosmom
03-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I keep thinking "Gee, I could be RICH if I invented a device like that!!!!!" Of course, that's as far as it's gone. But still. It's not a bad idea!

Muddy4paws
03-29-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.keyringer.com/

How about something like that on the loop of your phone? I know a few people who have devices like this.

CountryWolf07
03-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh and another tip for you, be sure you always have the sound ON - not on vibrate! So it's easier to find when you call to see where it is coming from!!

moosmom
03-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Oh well, so much for becoming rich. That is a great little gadget. I'm going to order one right now. I think this might be the solution to my problem!!