PDA

View Full Version : Gambling?

Randi
03-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't play the Lotto, as I find it a waste of money, but years ago, I occasionally played the Tips on football matches. Everything has changed since then, but 3 weeks in a row I won small amounts. :) I had gotten this little booklet with various systems and simple sat down and made my bets. Often I chose the bets on who won based on the names I liked the most. ;)

The coupon looked like this - do you have similar ones over there? If so, we should all put §1 in and share the millions we win! :D Who is good at this!

beeniesmom
03-28-2008, 11:53 AM
The Italian soccar "schedine" (pronounced skehdeen) look like that!

When we were kids, every other week or so, my dad used to have each one of us kids fill one out to then bring them in to the tabbacchi and have them validated for play.

One Sunday we all filled out the schedine but my dad never went to "play" them.

At the end of the day, for kicks, my mom checked them and saw that my sister had guessed ALL of the results of the schedine.

The prize was the equivalent of over 1.5 million dollars. If he had played them that week, we would have been really rich!

I guess it wasn't meant to be.

PS: We never told my dad.

jackie
03-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I won 100 euros on a scratch card from ONCE the other day. Not a bad take for a 50 cent card!!!!

Other then that I never play the lotto.

Randi
03-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh no beeniesmom, what a bummer! :( Good you didn't tell your dad, he would have felt SO bad! Hopefully you'll win something another time! :)

Congratulations Jackie! Certainly not bad! Go and spoil yourself! :D

Suki Wingy
03-28-2008, 04:30 PM
I only bet on horses, and it's only ever $2 bets! I'm pretty conservative and I usually make a profit of about $3 at the end of the day. I usually place my bets based on past workout schedules and also the horses I like the best in the paddock. :)

lizbud
03-28-2008, 04:41 PM
I have played the state lottery a few times. Maybe 2 or 3 dollars at a
time, but don't play regularly. It's a "family thing" with me. My father was
a compulsive gambler all his life & it took a toll on the family.