PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh! Molly is PI$$ED at Ozzie!

KittyCrazy
03-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Ozzie went to the vet yesterday to get his poor little balls lopped off. :( He got to come home today and Molly is being REALLY mean to him! Is it because he smells like the vets office? :confused:

Catlady711
03-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Most likely.

I have to shut Josh in a room alone for 1-3 days if I even so much as bathe another cat, let alone if one has to go to the vets. If I don't he'll even attack his own sisters then the whole house gets in an uproar.

If Ozzy is being calm (since he just had surgery) I'd let him stay out and shut Molly in a room by herself for a day or two. If Ozzy is being a pill then reverse it.

During the separate time, try brushing each one then taking that brush and use it on the other one without cleaning the fur out first. Kinda helps them reaquaint themselves with their smells. Some people just rub a cloth over each one and do it that way.

Good luck.

**edited to add** When you do attempt to let them be together again, make sure to supervise them to make sure they won't start fighting again.

KittyCrazy
03-26-2008, 11:14 PM
I should have clarified better. When I said she's being "mean", she's hissing at him, walking away from him when he comes over to sniff her and say, "Hi", or if he tries to poke at her to see if she wants to play, she growls at him until he feels bad and walks away. :( It's really quite sad cuz' you can tell he doesn't understand why she's not being nice all of a sudden. But, she's not hitting him or biting him or anything like that....she's just being very RUDE! :mad:

Emeraldgreen
03-26-2008, 11:26 PM
My cat Stinky always reacts that way towards Tiger or any cat that has been at the vet and has been put under anesthesia. I think they can smell it. I usually stay in the room with them to keep Stinky from harrassing him and then after a few hours she seems to adjust and she re-accepts him. He's been put under a half dozen times this last year so we've had lots of adjusting and re-accepting going on! lol

Freedom
03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Poor Ozzie, all he wants right now is a cuddle, and his bestest friend isn't having it! I'm sure all will settle in a very short time.

catmandu
03-27-2008, 06:25 PM
THAT VET SMELL IS ONE CERTAINLY MOST CATS WILL AVOID LIKE THE PLAQUE.
I HAVE A FEELING THAT ONCE IT WEARS OFF MOLLIE JUNE AND OZZIE WILL BE CUDDLE BUDDIES ONCE MORE!!!!!
:rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: