PDA

View Full Version : This is getting serious

catnapper
03-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I know I haven't been around much lately. Here's why: Hubby's blood pressure issues have been getting very serious lately. I've been a mess with worry about him. He has constant tightness in his chest now and often stops to take deeps breaths and puts his hand on his chest. To say I'm freaked is an understatement.

He's gone for a battery of tests. He's even started seeing a therapist for dealing with stress and anxiety. He's on two blood pressure meds and his BP is scary-high despite the two medications.

Today he wore a heart monitor all day and goes back tomorrow to get it off to see what it might show. He kept a journal all day as to what he was doing, at what time, and how he felt at that time.

I think it finally hit him BIG TIME this afternoon with the heart monitor test. He's been a bit scared all along but I think today seriously put it all into perspective. Especially having to write everything down and how often he feels tightness or breathlessness.

I myself feel like a zombie. I'm exhausted but can't sleep. I feel emotionally and physically spent all the time. I worry about him and what I'd do if anything ever happened to him. I told him tonight that I spent a long time looking for him and I don't want to lose him just yet.... I might want to kill him at times but killing him should be MY job, not his own doing ;) I love my big guy and I can't imagine my life without him. SIGH.

Anyone spare some of those famous PT prayers?

Karen
03-26-2008, 10:17 PM
He'll be in our prayers, that this current difficulty be the wake-up call that he needs to make some changes to be around for a long time to come.

moosmom
03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Kim,

I know you tried to call me, but I was at work and couldn't answer. I got out late and didnt want to call you at 10:39 pm.

You've got thoughts and prayers coming from Connecticut.

(((((((HUGS)))))) and love from
Donna and crew

Pssssssssst get rid of the kids!!!

Catty1
03-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Kim - PT Prayers are yours and his!

I am glad he is finally seeing a therapist, and keeping a journal (even for one day). He is being pro-active in solving this...! A good thing.

(I hope his daughter is not contributing to this...but if he has started therapy, maybe that will bode well for everyone. Especially if she starts therapy too!)

HUGS and more PT Prayers for you.

jennielynn1970
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening again Kim.

Are Cam and his mom both back in the picture, or just Cam? Does she realize how much effect she has on her father's life? These kids really need a wake up call.

Big hugs adn prayers going out to you and your family.

Catty1
03-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Jenn - I agree. But from what I remember, it's Dad's turn to give the wake-up call. I hope his therapy helps.

{{{{hugs}}}} and more prayers to Kim's home.

K9karen
03-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Holy crap, Kim. How scary! I know I'm not one to talk, but medical science can only do so much. I hope hubby starts to take better care of himself so he can be with you so you can celebrate your 75th anniversary together. It's horrible what stress can do.

jenluckenbach
03-27-2008, 05:25 AM
Prayers being said constantly.

Medusa
03-27-2008, 07:11 AM
My PT friends are always on my prayer list. Prayers going out for both your husband and you. Peace to you both........

Rachel
03-27-2008, 07:32 AM
I can understand how very scary this must be for him. His own health and well being have to be a priority for him and the whole family. It is good to know that he has been getting some serious evaluation of his heart and some help for dealing with the stress.

Freedom
03-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Sorry to read of all the worry you have.

I was pleased to see he is now seeking help with a therapist; that is a huge step in the right direction IMO.

Prayers from RI.

sparks19
03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
You definitely has our prayers. I really hope this is something they can get under control. Until then prayers are on the way.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
How absolutely scary.... !! I would freak out too!! I hope you get answers asap, not knowing is the worst part.
You are both in my prayers Kim!!

caseysmom
03-27-2008, 03:37 PM
I am glad he is getting some help for his stress and his health. He seems like a big sweet teddy bear.

joycenalex
03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
kim, i'll be keeping you all in my prayers. do your and his doctor(s) know how lousy BOTH of you are feeling?

ramanth
03-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Lots of prayers for you and your hubby!!! *HUGS*

*LabLoverKEB*
03-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Prayers & HUGS on the way!

Christiansmommy
03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Prayers are being sent. Sorry you are both having to deal with this. The stress of it all, makes it that much worse.

catnapper
03-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you everyone. Its been S-T-R-E-S-S-F-U-L around here. A blur of doctor's visits and sleepless nights. I came home from work early this afternoon because I couldn't even spit out a sentence right.... I'd say something like "Here's your total on the pen, use this paperwork to place it safe on the signature." Instead of "here's your paperwork with the totals, you'' want to put it in a safe place. We'll need your signature at the bottom, you can use this pen" Scary thing was people understood what I meant! :eek: I left at 2:00, went straight to bed and didn't wake up til almost 6:00 :eek:

Hubby has felt a bit of relief since I last wrote. He found out LATE last night that the therapist will sign off on paperwork to get him out of work for an indefinite period. ~WHEW~

I don't care what his not working does to our finances. We've been in money trouble before and survived. We'll do it again. We need him healthy and happy again.

jennielynn1970
03-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Does he have any sickdays to use before FMLA kicks in??

I've been out of sick days since about October, and am now using intermittent FMLA for when I can't deal with work and people.

catnapper
03-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Does he have any sickdays to use before FMLA kicks in??

I've been out of sick days since about October, and am now using intermittent FMLA for when I can't deal with work and people.
He has over a month of sick days saved, plus he's "banked" a lot of days in addition to that. He won't have to worry about going back to school for the remainder of the year. He will hopefully find another job before we have to worry about his disability insurance kicking in.(whoohoo, he paid for that without knowing it for years!)

Now all we have to do is get Ashley in order...... yeah right :rolleyes: I have the feeling that now he's home, he's going to be seeing things he never noticed before. and he's going to be telling her to shape up or ship out. He almost did the other night when she tried to claim I was rude to her friend when the girl dropped Cam off after babysitting. She didn't know he was standing right behind me when the whole encounter happened. He saw me be perfectly friendly and polite. She tried to say I was rude and b*tchy to her friend.... he told her that the girl was LOOKING for signs of b*tchiness because thats the picture Ashley paints of me to her friends, and to stop her attitude towards me and to get out of his house. She sped out of the driveway so fast we have black lines from her tires.

Pam
03-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Kim, I am just seeing this thread and was glad to read when I got to your last post that things will be moving in a better direction. I hope he will be able to relax and get his BP under control and healthier days will be ahead for him.

She sped out of the driveway so fast we have black lines from her tires.

If she only knew that this sort of behavior is contributing majorly to her dad's stress. *sigh*

gini
03-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Kim, prayers will be offered for you and your husband. Worrying so much about your husband cannot be good for your health either.

jennielynn1970
03-30-2008, 12:30 PM
So... he's getting out of teaching?

I'm trying to get back down to elementary. I'm so tired of Bethlehem in general, and this is the longest I've ever been in one job/career (10 years).

I would love to start a catering job, but that requires money, and list of clients to at least start out with. Oh well. I guess when I'm out of debt and can afford to try the catering thing, I will. You never know what is in store for you!

Hope all goes well for you guys. Big hugs, and I'm here if you ever need anything.

catnapper
04-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Hubby had another meeting with the therapist this afternoon. The therapist had lots of good things to say about me and told hubby he's lucky to have me :) (got that right!:p)

He had another meeting with his family doctor today who asked him repeatedly if he's taking the BP meds, which hubby repeatedly assured them he was (he is). His BP was its highest ever this morning. Hubby said its because his principal called right before he left for the doctor's and grilled him on how long he'd be out. He simply needs to find another job. I don't care what he does, so long as it makes him happy.

emily_the_spoiled
04-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Just a suggestion ... If there is a possibility that Ashley will be "leaving" the house, you should look into getting custody of Cam before then (if you are interested).

Kirsten
04-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh Kim, I'm sorry to read that your hubby isn't doing well! And it's sounds like you're worrying yourself sick over this, too, but who could blame you?! :(

Positive thoughts and get well wishes for both of you!

(((HUGS)))
Kirsten

Scooter's Mom
04-19-2008, 11:45 PM
How are you all doing?