PDA

View Full Version : A positive cat thread.....

carole
03-26-2008, 08:49 PM
With all the sad things we read today happening to pets, and the sadness of the story of Ally, i thought it would be nice to post this and tell you something nice that is happening.

Two little kitties will be arriving in aotearoa from Taiwan in November, not to my home ,but to my girlfriend's,her son and partner have been over there,via a government posting,and adopted two little kitties off the street, they have been living in a high rise apartment, and believe me are two of the very lucky ones, both had ringworm and eye problems when they were adopted ,even though it was from a kind of a shelter.

Anyhow to cut a long story short, they are going to China for another year, and they are allowed to take the cats in but cannot take them out again,great eh? so at a huge cost of $6,000 dollars these wee babies will be coming down under.

They will have a three month quarantine and then go to Jane's lifestyle block, as you know most kitties are indoor/outdoor in NZ,they will be too,it will take some adjusting for them, but they are in an extremely safe environment, well away from any traffic and will have lovely paddocks to explore, along with new playmates, hopefully, three other kitties, two dogs, a rabbit,a pet bird,hens,yes a little farmyard.

Jane is one of the most giving people i know and has a very strong love of animals, they will be in the best of care, and i think it is so heart warming to know of this situation and to tell you all, great isn't it?

SAD UPDATE:

Ok the reality of the situation is one of the cats immune system was not up to scratch and will not be allowed into NZ,James discussed it with his vet when he visited a month ago here in NZ, they tried to boost the cats immune system, but no luck,they have decided they cannot take one without the other, as they are really bonded and the other kitty is very skittish and hyper -ventilates even going to the vet,the only thing James can do is try and look for a home in Taiwan with a European family,the chances of that are not very good, he is absolutely heartbroken, at even the thought of having to leave them behind, and even though he did a great thing in the beginning rescuing them from terrible circumstances, he now is in complete turmoil as what to do,sadly if he cannot find a home , i guess his only option would be to have the babies put to sleep, a decision he would find impossible to live with.

So I have a extremely big Ask here, does anyone know anyone in Taiwan or nearabouts that would be interesting in taking them in,I doubt any other country would allow them in either, as i am sure the quarantine laws are as strict as NZ,I guess i am grasping at straws here, but i just had to ask, i have seen things on PT that seemed impossible and were done, miracles i call them, i would never live with myself if i at least did not even try, these kitties will not need re-homing for some time yet, i would have to check on the details, my understanding his James goes to China in Jan,so they could be taken there, and adopted from there when he leaves, again i will have to check on the details, thank you for your time and listening.

Emeraldgreen
03-26-2008, 10:44 PM
That is an awesome story. Their future is going to be so good. Will you be able to take some pics of them at their new home down under? It would be so great to see them exploring their new world. Thanks for the upbeat news. :)

carole
03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Absolutely try and stop me taking pics, still it is a while away, i will have to refresh everyone's memories, i can't wait to see them either. :) I also can't wait to see them in their new habitat,i am sure they will be scared for a while, but once they get used to it and realise what heaven they are in, i am sure they will be very happy content wee kitties.

Karen
03-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Awww, what a nice tale to share, thank you!

Killearn Kitties
03-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Lucky kitties! This sounds an idyllic location for them. I will look forward to seeing their pictures. :)

Randi
03-27-2008, 06:54 AM
What an uplifting story. :) Once the kitties is out of quarantine, I'm sure they'll have a wonderful life in NZ - the surroundings sounds perfect.

Will look forward to see pictures of them.

carole
03-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes i feel excited for them, you would think they were coming to me, however i will be able to see them, cuddle them etc when they arrive once they get used to other people, i think her son will take them back when he gets back to NZ though, another upheaval i guess it will all depend on the situation at the time.,as it maybe not fair after a year to up root them again, they are sensible people and will do what is best for the kitties, pretty obvious how much they care about them isn't it? :)

catmandu
03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Thats An Inspiring Story , And How Wonderful Is That That These Cats Are Going To Have A Wonderful Furrever Home
With A Great Guardian.
A Far Cry From Thier Home In Taiwan I Imagine!!!!

carole
03-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Actually Gary they do have a good home in taiwan, and are very loved, they are two of the lucky cats in taiwan, but their home will be even better for them here i feel,it will be every kitties dream environment i think. :)equivalent of kitties purrfect paradise ;)

Barbara
03-28-2008, 06:18 AM
What a lovely story- I cannot wait to see the pics and I am envious as you can cuddle them :)

carole
03-28-2008, 02:34 PM
I promise you Barbara i will give them a cuddle from you too. :)

carole
10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
bump, if you go back to the beginning of my thread you can see an update, sorry for the inconvenience,i think i went about this the wrong way,but i just wanted this to be seen , thanks.