PDA

View Full Version : Puppy pix....any ideas?

Taz_Zoee
03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Here are some pix of my friends nephews puppy, Ania. We know the mother, Cyan, is a pure bred blue husky, but we aren't sure what the father was. It was an accidental pregnancy (yes, she is now fixed). Our guess is GSD. But I think her markings are so unique. :)
What do you think?
You can see the stripe down her back that looks like Shepherd coloring.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/2008/Ania2.jpg
She's not strangling her, just holding her head straight. :p
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/2008/ania.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/2008/Ania1.jpg

Grace
03-26-2008, 06:11 PM
I have no idea of her ancestry, but she sure is cute!

Ginger's Mom
03-26-2008, 06:54 PM
She sure is a cutie. How old is she? From her head and ears I would have guessed something more houndy. I am not very good at this, but it is fun trying. :)

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
She is cute. I was thinking GSD also. The last picture though kind of has a terrier look to her facial hair but maybe that is just the angle and the lighting.

buttercup132
03-26-2008, 08:13 PM
The last picture though kind of has a terrier look to her facial hair but maybe that is just the angle and the lighting. I thought that too lol but then I looked better and I think it's just the light.

She's super cute, you can deffinatley see the Husky in her.
My only guess would be GSD unless there are the Huskies like Tamara's around you.

Giselle
03-26-2008, 08:24 PM
GSD/Lab is my guess. Those ears and eyes scream Lab.

Those ears should be standing or at least about to stand if she were a GSD/Husky mix.

k9krazee
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Those ears should be standing or at least about to stand if she were a GSD/Husky mix.

That's exactly what I was about to say.
My guess would be Husky/Lab.
Her face in the last picture screams terrier, but I do think that it's just her markings that make it look that way.

She is very cute, no matter what she is though!!

Taz_Zoee
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I thought of terrier too when I first saw the pix. The hair looks very wiry.

She is four months old. When do ears start standing in husky's?

So maybe the dad was a GSD/Lab like Giselle said. So she's a Huskador Shepherd. Or a German Labsky. LOL, just kidding. :p

Freedom
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Am I the only only one seeing beagle?? Oh well, I know I am not the only one seeing CUTE! How sweet, aw.

Giselle
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Ears should start to go all haywire during the teething phase, I think. So that should be around 3-6 months.

At this rate, they look pretty floppy and heavy, like a Lab's so I wouldn't bet on them standing. I thought she looked pretty terrier too (especially the last pic), but I think that's because of her Husky mask markings.

I like German Labsky ;)

RobiLee
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
100% CUTE! That is what she is ;)

MS_PAWS
03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Lab, GSD, perhaps a beagle

Karen
03-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Husky/Lab would be my guess. We'll have to wait to see what she looks like in a few months. My big brother has a Husky/Lab named Nilla - darker gold on top, cream-colored underneath. His ears are pretty goofy, they swivel, sometimes flop, and often do airplane ears.

Catlady711
03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Am I the only only one seeing beagle??

OMGosh, I'm glad I read through the posts first because I almost posted that word for word. ROFL :p :D

lute
03-27-2008, 10:13 AM
She's a cutie alright! I see the Sibe in her, but I don't see German Shepherd. Siberian Huskies can have that black line on their back too. My Gracie did when she was a puppy. I'm with some others. Maybe Lab or something more hound.

Taz_Zoee
03-27-2008, 12:03 PM
My friends family lives in Delaware. She's going to ask her mom what kind of dogs she sees around the neighborhood. She thinks her mom said she had seen a German Shepherd. But who knows, with her being in heat there could have been numerous dogs wanting to get at her.

So, yeah, it doesn't really matter what she is. We were just curious. :)
She is for sure a cutie. :D I'll post pictures of her as she grows up so we can see.

Husky_mom
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
I think Iīm also inclined towards the Lab......

huskies can and so have that darker stripe on the back.....so thatīs normal...

all my huskies have always pricked their ears at very young age 3 weeks....sometimes a lil funky until 4weeks...... but itīs also a know fact that Huskies and GSD can sometimes have floppy ears until around 6 months and itīs also assocaited with teething stages.....

in my case Iīve never had a husy with floppy ears, expect by ONE who had them until 3 months.... but that was the ONLY one in 19 years......

the creamy yellow also says Lab but it could well be a creamy GSD... letīs see how she develops.....but in the meanwhile can you post more pics of her and Momma....;)

Taz_Zoee
03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Oops, I didn't see this until now. Sorry Isabel.
I will ask my friend to send me some pics of Cyan. We are constantly bugging her mom for more pics of Ania. So we will just keep on bugging her. LOL :D

jennielynn1970
03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
She is adorable, whatever the mix is! What gorgeous colors on her! Definitely ask for more pics!