PDA

View Full Version : WiFi with Nintendo DS

slleipnir
03-26-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm curious if anyone plays online games with their DS using WiFi? I'm trying to figure this out. I only have one game that uses WiFi - Pokemon Pearl (lol :rolleyes:) I went to the store today to buy the WiFi USB connector which someone told me I needed. However, the guy told me if I have wireless internet then I don't need the connector. I seem to be able to get online now, however I can't see anyone in the "room" that you should be able to see other people in...Any ideas??

Freedom
03-26-2008, 08:48 PM
I think you need another person close by and on their DS at the same time. I've never 'seen' anyone in my 'room,' either. I don't know anyone in the area with a DS. They all have PSPs and other stuff. :rolleyes:

slleipnir
03-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I think you need another person close by and on their DS at the same time. I've never 'seen' anyone in my 'room,' either. I don't know anyone in the area with a DS. They all have PSPs and other stuff. :rolleyes:

By "room" to be you mean in Pokemon?

BitsyNaceyDog
03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
I know Justin has played Mario Cart through Wi-Fi, but I'm not exactly sure how... I just asked him and he said each game is different and he doesn't know how Pokemon Pearl does it. Sorry I'm no help.

Playing over Wi-Fi you don't need to be near the people you are playing. You don't even need to know the people you are playing with. Some games are 2 player and the person you are playing with needs to be within a few feet of you and the have to have their own DS (they however don't need to own the game, they can 'share' yours)... playing over Wi-Fi is different.