PDA

View Full Version : I've started school so...

Ann
08-22-2002, 05:13 AM
...I don't get to be online much anymore :( I've started in a new school, in a new class where I don't know anyone and I'm two years older than everyone else. I go to school from 8-4 every single day, and when I get home I have tons of homework to do and during the evenings my computer is used by other people so I wouldn't be able to go online even if I didn't have homework :( The same goes for the weekends too, my computer is used by the rest of my family. I'm writing this during a lunch break in school, I didn't feel like eating alone again so I just biked home instead to post this. I don't like the school at all, I didn't want to go to it at all cause it doesn't have any classes I'm interested in. I applied for an animal school for two years but I never got in so in the end I just gave up and that's why I'm at this school... It has classes such as "business economy", and it just makes me think "Is this really my life I'm living? I don't give a damn about these things"...

Well anyways, I just wanted to let you all know why I won't be on so much anymore. It's not my own choice, trust me, I miss you all so very much :( It sucks to cause now I won't get the time to work with my new website any and there's so much things I won't have time to do anymore and... Oh, I have to run now, my next class starts soon.

I miss you all :( Hope to see you soon again, take care everyone!

Former User
08-22-2002, 05:20 AM
Oh Ann, I know exactly how you feel. I used to hate school when I was there, and I swore I'd never return after I graduated. And I haven't.
Too bad you don't have time, but it can't be helped.

Coulnd't you have kept a year off or so? And try again next year to get to that school you wanted to. I don't think it's going to do you any good to force yourself to study something you are not intrested at all.
Anyhow, all the best for you, and if you ever need to vent out or anything, feel free to email me!

((((((((((((((((((((Ann)))))))))))))))))))))))

Piglet
08-22-2002, 06:09 AM
Business economy sounds like my worst nightmare! How awful that you couldn't get into the school you wanted to! Seems like this school is really getting you down :( , and having to share the computer isn't helping much either, how frustrating. Can't you convince your family that you really really need it?
Hope you feel better soon and make some friends at your new school. Good luck :) . (will miss your PT posts)

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-22-2002, 06:34 AM
Good Luck with everything. Stop by from time to time and let us know how you and Tina are doing.

anna_66
08-22-2002, 06:41 AM
Ann, so sorry to hear things are going the best for you right now. I really do miss you! Like Niina said, you can email me anytime, to vent or whatever!
And I'm also very sorry you didn't get into the school you wanted. I couldn't stand school when I was younger, and sometimes I'm sorry to didn't go to college, but maybe somewhere down the line the classes you are taking will be of use to you (hopefully!)
Well, take care of yourself and try not to work "TOO" hard!
Come see us whenever you can!
Anna

C.C.'s Mom
08-22-2002, 07:27 AM
Ann, good luck with school.

And now I sound so silly, but gosh.... I miss going to school!

Maybe you'll like it there after a while when you get to know the other people.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-22-2002, 11:01 AM
Ann, I know it's tough going to classes that you really don't care about, but in the long run you'll be glad you took them. They all help in the general understanding of how the world works and why things are the way they are. Even though you didn't get into the school of your choice, you should make the best of what you did get into because this might help you get into the other school too. I know it's hard, especially if you're deprived of the computer (another favorite for you) in your off time, but stick it out and it will all work out in the end. I've got a saying that holds true so many times "Everything always works out for the best, even if we can't see it at the time." So keep your chin up and give your critters an extra hug to help you feel better. Oh, and try and make it back here often to keep your spirits up too. :)

Sorry if this sounds like your mother talking or something, but again I see so many young people who give up as soon as the going gets rough and they only deprive themselves of some great experiences in the process.

lovemymaltese
08-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Wow you have a long day. I know how you feel. We never got to come home for lunch when I was in school. Are you in middle school or high school?

Aspen and Misty
08-22-2002, 02:49 PM
I know how you feel! I am starting in a new school next monday and I am so scared. We have orentation tonight and I dont' want to go. I don't want to meet anyone. Can't I just stay in my room? You can bring me work I'll do it and all will be fine! But I have to go. Luckily my school offers horse back rideing as a subject, Kinda like art and music. So I iwll get to go Horse back rideing, which will be kool. There are 5 peopel in my grade, small school! Everything will be ok Ann, I promise. You'll make freinds, just give it some time! You seem liek a very nice person so I don't see why you wouldn't make friends! Good luck and I hope things get better!

Ash

NoahsMommy
08-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Ann, I know it's tough going to classes that you really don't care about, but in the long run you'll be glad you took them. They all help in the general understanding of how the world works and why things are the way they are. Even though you didn't get into the school of your choice, you should make the best of what you did get into because this might help you get into the other school too. I know it's hard, especially if you're deprived of the computer (another favorite for you) in your off time, but stick it out and it will all work out in the end. I've got a saying that holds true so many times "Everything always works out for the best, even if we can't see it at the time." So keep your chin up and give your critters an extra hug to help you feel better. Oh, and try and make it back here often to keep your spirits up too. :)

Sorry if this sounds like your mother talking or something, but again I see so many young people who give up as soon as the going gets rough and they only deprive themselves of some great experiences in the process.

I completely agree! I go to school at night and even though I could care less about the Art History and Human Biology classes I am taking, I do learn a lot. It really helps you to be a well rounded person. I'm not sure how old you are, but it's a plus if you are going to this new school straight from High School. I have been going to school at night since I graduated High School and I can't begin to tell you how hard it is. How I'd MUCH rather be with my husband and doing what I want to do. But....it's worth it! You need a degree to be anything in this world now.

If you aren't happy in your school as far as what you want to study...why are you there? Do you have to be there for some reason? Is it a high school?

Ann
08-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Thanks for all the replies people :) I managed to steal myself a little time on the comp right now since my mom is out shopping, and I'll try to do this in the future too, as often as I can!

As for everyone's questions, I'll try to answer them as well as I can here...

I technically don't have to be in this school, but I could never get a job in Sweden unless I spend these three years in this school and then take some additional school classes. I am 18 years old and the other people in my class are 16 or so... I don't know if this is the equivalent of high school in the USA, but this is school year 10... You are forced by law to go to school until you finish grade 9, but you have to take many more years if you want to get a job. I just feel like I've wasted so much time and well, I guess it just gets a tad bit depressing at times. Oh well, what Tubby & Peanut's Mom said was true, it's one of life's necessary evils I guess.

Thanks for saying I am a nice person Ash (Aspen and Misty), but the problem is that I'm completely different in real life >_< I'm extremely shy, and if someone ever does talk to me I get so nervous and try so hard to be likeable that it just goes straight to hell.

Randi
08-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Ann, I'm sorry to hear you've started in a class you're not interested in! :( I hope it will get better and you'll get some good friends there! Perhaps some interesting subjects will turn up later. I too hate anything to do with economy.

All the best - hope you'll get time to be on PT now and again! ;)

Hugs from,

08-23-2002, 12:17 PM
Sweet Ann !!
So sorry to hear you do not like it at your school .... ! Wish I could pull you through that year ..; Because , evev if this year seems endless and useless , remember that it is NOT endless ..!
A friend of mine always said : "every cloud has a silver lining" !!
Sounds cliché , but it is the truth !!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/sun2.gif

Aspen and Misty
08-23-2002, 12:29 PM
O same here. When I meet new people I am like so shy! I hope things get better for you!

krazyaboutkatz
08-23-2002, 06:35 PM
Ann, I'm sorry that you don't like your new school. I never liked school much either. It's hard to try to learn a subject that you're not interested in. Hopefully you'll make some new friends soon and that the subjects get more interesting too. Good luck and we'll miss you here.

Rottieluver45
08-23-2002, 07:00 PM
I just started school too! I started on the 19th! I haven`t been on much either! To much homework and stuff! I miss pet Talk!! I never get on anymore! but I`m on now!!

Heather Wallace
08-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Dear Ann, keep your chin up. It won't last forever, things will get better soon.