PDA

View Full Version : Panic at the toilet......

Husky_mom
03-25-2008, 07:22 PM
I flushed my cel phone!!! :eek: :(

you must think Iīm crazy for crying over a phone but youīll understand why I did it after reading this whole drama

beside the toilet theres a table type thingy were my cel was... I had just flushed some tissues..(anything gross) so I grabbed my cel and ooops it slipped and I thought for a brief milisecond "oh no, it can get into the water".... damn sixth sense!!... it got in the water just as the last sucking of the toilet was made!... I reached out but couldnīt get a hold of it....:( so it went away.....

I freaked!!! closed all water source, the one incoming to the tank and the one incoming to the house.... I started crying BIG TIME!!! I was like a headless chicken.... hubby wasnīt home and I have no land line so I was "who are you gonna call? ghost busters??"... it was late night and had no place to go my kid was asleep so I couldnīt go to another place to borrow a phone....

so in my insanity I had a brief thinking and went outside to the "register thing" to see if it was caught there... (we have two registers, one has concrete over it and the other one grass) so I did a mayor hole in the grass one only to find out NOTHING at all....

I was desperate but realized the phone had been there for over an hour, if it was still there, if not it coudl have gone surfing across america..... so I took a step back, a deep breath and realized there was nothing else I could do unless a plumber came by to see if it was still stuck in there, but I had no way to call one in the middle of the night and the next day we were going out of town...

Iīm so sad... not over the phone itself or over loosing the number or loosing my phones......

I cried and cried because I had my kids baby pics on it!!!

well itīs been a few days now... almost a week and I havenīt found a plumber who can check if it still there... if it is I have a very slim chance of recovering something....I hope.....

sorry but had to vent, thank you for reading my toilet drama :rolleyes:

Suki Wingy
03-25-2008, 07:47 PM
That's got to be traumatic!
When I read the title of this thread I thought it was a parody on the band Panic! At the Disco

Husky_mom
03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
When I read the title of this thread I thought it was a parody on the band Panic! At the Disco
actually thatīs why I titled it like that LOL....... sounded funny

Laura's Babies
03-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Whewn our pilot fell overboard fully dressed with his hat on and cigar in his moth, cell phone on his hip, the phone was ruined but he remembered right away to take the Simms card out to let dry.. That was all he was able to salvage from his brand new phone.

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear that.

--------------------

I thought it was going to be a story like the time I ate a bag of flaming hot Cheetos on an empty stomach.

The food coloring don't digest and looks like blood!

Freedom
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Isabel, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

OK, I'm smilin' a bit. Er, a LOT.

I'm trying to picture you outside at night with a huge hole in the grass, and how you are planning to explain it to husband when he returns?

Oh the baby photos, now that IS sad, so sorry. But the rest of the tale and your excellent writing style, made me laugh.

dukedogsmom
03-25-2008, 09:40 PM
That's got to be traumatic!
LOL. Me too!

I would die if I flushed my phone. It's an extension of me and, like you, I have many things on it I wouldn't want to lose. Sorry you had to lose it in such a tragic way. Ages ago, when pagers were the thing, mine fell in a toilet. And it wasn't clean. Talk about mixed emotions! After a few seconds of thought, I did fish it out but that was gross!

ramanth
03-25-2008, 11:55 PM
OH No!! :( :( I'm sorry about the phone. Hope the plumber can help and that the card is salvagable.

Husky_mom
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm trying to picture you outside at night with a huge hole in the grass, and how you are planning to explain it to husband when he returns?

actually he freaked....LOL.... he saw the hole and later when he came inside saw me crying and was so desperate to know what happened.....:p

Iīm also like kinda wanting to laugh.....well.....I think I have one more thing to laugh about and a funny story to pass to the grandkids.....LOL

DJFyrewolf36
03-26-2008, 11:22 PM
I would be totally lost without my phone (well the numbers in it anyhow!) This one has been through a little bit of trauma, but not nearly as bad as my previous phone. I gotta give it to Samesung for making a phone strong enough to withstand getting run over by a car ;)

Heres something that worked for me. Look over your paper bills call records to to check for your numbers. with process of elimination (and admittely calling a few wrong numbers lol) I managed to get my phone book back the one time I managed to completely destroy my phone.

anna_66
03-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Oh man, that would suck (especially the pictures-I ALWAYS make sure I put mine on my computer for back up)

Your the third person I've heard lately that dropped their phone in the toilet:eek: A girl at work...luckily she could catch hers fast enough before it went bye bye but unfortunatl it wasn't salvagable.
And then my husband...he'd kill me if he knew I told anyone;) He was lucky, he dropped it in before he "went"...LOL! Fished it out, let it dry and voila...it worked, and has been since. I like our LG phones!

moosmom
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Husky's Mom,

As soon as I read your thread, I KNEW you had your baby's pics on it. A phone can be replace, but the pictures?? That's a travesty!!

It's funny you should post this, though. I did it AGAIN!!! I've misplaced my cellphone. I've searched everywhere. I have a feeling it's at Mike and Carolyn's (Everest climbers). If not, I'm screwed. I should be in a panic, but to tell you the truth, I love the peace and quiet. I'll take a ride to their later on today and check. If not, it's either at work or lost. *sigh* I should try and invent an alarm just for cellphones. God knows I need it!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Catty1
03-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Donna - get a bio-identical Velcro patch attached to your skin, and put Velcro on your cell phone! :D

Actually - many of them are small enough that your could wear them on a lanyard around your neck and put them in your pocket?

Hope you find it!

Husky_mom
03-27-2008, 02:27 PM
I was considering gettign a stronger one anyway as I have a tendency of dropping it.....LOL... there was a Nokia one that had some sort of rubber thingy that made it almost 100% shockproof...... now need to add a waterproof feature......

I think Iīm gonna get me one of those brick cellphones...... ;) :p