PDA

View Full Version : The girls and I...

Laura's Babies
03-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Say it is time for Meowmie to go back to work tomorrow.. I am so sad and I almost cry everytime I see one of them knowing I have to leave them again. This time home has been sweetier than ever. The sweetier Boo gets, the harder it is to leave her and this time has been heaven with her. I see her playing a lot now and am seeing her grooming herself so much more like she cares what she looks like now. Taking pride in herself now that she can clean and not choke on fur! I brush her several times a day now and she now purs when I do it... She fianlly accepts this as OUR one on one time and loves it as much as I do now! ;)

Even funny Giz is demanding more and more lap time and petting and she has never been a pet me cuddely girl. She does not mind Boo playing with her toys either.

Amy is as sweet as ever, sometimes more so that usual and Samantha just has to lay in my lap with her paw on my chest so darn sweet that I melt looking into her eyes and seeing all that love in them.

My Captain is on the boat already, he got on Sunday. He said it is terriable out there with the flooding, high water, swift current and stuff floating in the water. He said conditions are to dangerous to try putting the skiff over, even in daylight so we will have to do it somewhere, where there is a tug service or crew boat. That will be Vicksburg, Mississippi tomorrow evening or night.
I am played out after 2 days of running but I think I have gotten things done inbetween the running... (see my BRAG thread in other general if you haven't seen that).

I will check in here when I can from the boat but I know it won't be but a couple of times.. Someone take notes for me so I don't miss anything. Kiss all your babies for me.

Edwina's Secretary
03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Safe sailing! Keep that Mighty Mississippi in place!

momcat
03-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Wishing you a safe and uneventful trip!

Donnaj4962
03-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Hope you have a safe trip Laura! I know your kitties will be missing you as much as you miss them! We will look forward to hearing of your latest adventures when you return!

Freedom
03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Gosh this time it does seem like you just returned, even to ME!

Safe trip, to you and the whole crew!

Medusa
03-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Journey well and return home safely. Your kitties will miss you, too. :p

catmandu
03-26-2008, 09:59 AM
AND OF COURSE SOME NAUTICAL PET ANGELS WILL BE WITH YOU SO YOU WONT BE SO LONELY.
JUST LOOK AND LISTEN AND YOU WILL SEE AND HEAR THIER BARKS AND MEEEEOOOWS. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
AND SEE THEM WITH THIER FISHING POLES LOOKING FOR CAT FISH!!!
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY TRIP.
DO YOU HAVE LONG BEFORE YOU RETIRE????

AlleyCat
03-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Have a safe trip !!!!

phesina
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Bon voyage, Laura, and safe home.

We will miss you and look forward to your return. So will your dear girls.