PDA

View Full Version : Not a good month

mina'smomma
03-25-2008, 11:50 AM
This month has been crazy. First hubby gets sick. Then baby and I get sick and are just now getting over it after three weeks of being really sick. I'm still not up to par yet. Today is the first time my migraines haven't been so bad that I go crossed eye. I feel bad because I was suppose to host the next puzzle, but have been fighting this nasty illness and taking care of Cadience as well. She is back to par, but I fear mommy is still out of commission. The only good thing that has happened is that we'll be moving the weekend after next.

Does anyone know how to unstuff a stuffed up head????? :( I've tried everything from medicine to hot water with eucalyptus (sp?) in it. Nothing is working and I think it is what is causing my migraines. Stupid Michigan weather.

Karen
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh, gosh, so sorry to hear you've all been sick! I am glad Cadi is better, now we just hafta wrk on Momma! Have you tried breathing eucalyptus steam? Boil some water, pour it in a large bowl, sprinkle crumbled eucalyptus leaves over the top, and then breathe the steam. If you can stand it, drape a towel over your head and the bowl, to trap more steam and keep it from escaping into the room.

This was recommended to me by the Nurse Extraordinaire at my college many years ago. Seeing as I attended MassArt, she was used to dealing with kids with little to no money, and who wanted to avoid hospitalization at all costs ... and it worked!

Catty1
03-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Plain salt water - it comes in nasal spray bottles at drugstores. Get the plain saline, and use it like nose spray. The saline is also a good antiseptic.

Might take several doses to really clean out, but it works great. I use it all the time when I get stuffed up.

Good luck and get well soon! :)

pitc9
03-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Netti Pot
I've never used one but I have a co worker that has and she LOVES it!

(For the following links you'll have to remove the space I put in after the www)

http://www .sattvahealing.com/netti-pot.shtml

http://www .cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=407054&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?ActiveCat=499^Query=Netti+pot

AmberLee
03-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon. ~~~ smooth moving ~~~ and ~~~health ~~~ vibes being wished for you.