PDA

View Full Version : Any TWILIGHT fans out there??!!

jennielynn1970
03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I just had someone ask me about my siggy, and I had to laugh. I have been so obsessed with this series, it's not even funny.

I have the first three books in the series, and have read them all, and am rereading them as well because I know there must be things I missed on the first read through.

I cannot wait for the last installation to come out on August 2nd!!! I've been looking for advance reader copies all over the web and at bookshops here, but to no avail. There are none to be had. :( :(

I'm just amazed the Twilight was Stephanie Meyers' first book, it's just so well written, and so engaging. I never thought I'd be in to vampires and werewolves, but dang, she tells such a great story!!

You can read more about it here, and also read the 1st chapters of each book (or hear the audio versions of the first chapters) on the following link:
TWILIGHT SERIES (http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight.html)

Argranade
03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
My best friend is CRAZY! over Twilight.

It's not even funny, she starts sobbing when she thinks of Edward lol.

When I told her there was clips of them filming on youtube it was NUTS.

I have never read the book but I look forward to the movie.

jennielynn1970
03-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Ohh... you HAVE to read the book!!!!!

I'm a firm believe in "Don't judge a book by it's movie". They've destroyed so many amazing novels that way. :(

Suki Wingy
03-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Yup. lol. :D You can see by my sig too.

'cept I feel SO BAD for poor, poor Jake. :(

I actually finished Eclipse for the second time today. I need to post pics of the little Jacob and Edward cupcake plushies I knitted. :D

Here's what I wrote about it in my LJ
http://slytherinquoll.livejournal.com/3926.html

And some stuff I made during study hall one day:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/icons/quiluetepack.jpg http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/icons/pack.jpg http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/icons/jake-crowbar.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/icons/jakekissedbella_by_slytherinquoll.jpg

sammy101
03-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes I absolutely love the Twilight series! I've been thinking about starting a thread on PT but I kept on forgetting. :o
I can't wait for Breaking Dawn in August. I'm so anxious and I wish they could get it out earlier. If you haven't read it yet, I warn you though, once you start reading you can't stop,lol.
I'm excited for the movie. Seems like their sticking to the book except for a few things. But if you haven't read Twilight and plan to see the movie, I would highly recommend you read the book.
Do you know of all the forums for Twilight?

I am Team Edward. :D

Karen
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I like the series as well, I think it is a unique 'take" on the vampire genre.

jennielynn1970
03-25-2008, 08:52 PM
I like the series as well, I think it is a unique 'take" on the vampire genre.

Get outta here! You read Twilight??!! Wow! I'm impressed! :p ;)

jennielynn1970
03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Yup. lol. :D You can see by my sig too.

'cept I feel SO BAD for poor, poor Jake. :(

OMG... me too!! I mean, I love Edward, and was so taken with him in the first book, and was absolutely torn in the 2nd book, but then Jake... sigh... I keep picturing him in my mind, and how he put up with Bella and her love for Edward.

I'm not totally thrilled with the casting choices. I just did not picture them that way. Edward, I pictured paler, taller, and more "beautiful" by the way she always described him. Rosalie, definitely NOT... she's supposed to be stunning, and the actress playing her is pretty, but not a knock out. I could go on and on... lol. I guess that's why I'm not fond of films made from novels, because you can see so much more in your mind. Also, not happy that MTV is producing it.

I keep searching everywhere for Advance Readers' Copies, but there just aren't any out there. I had found what I thought was an ARC on ebay, but then the guy changed his listing and said it was only advance orders... grrrrrr.

I'm doing homebound instruction with a student from my school, and while I can't get her to do much school work, I did give her a library copy of Twilight, and she read the whole thing within about 3 days. She was so hooked, she was driving her mom crazy for books 2 & 3, so I ended up getting them for her at Barnes and Noble since she was just so motivated. She finished them both within a weekend! Just seeing her enthusiastic was worth it! We've already made plans to go to see the movie together and critique it, lol.

sammy101
03-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm not totally thrilled with the casting choices. I just did not picture them that way. Edward, I pictured paler, taller, and more "beautiful" by the way she always described him. Rosalie, definitely NOT... she's supposed to be stunning, and the actress playing her is pretty, but not a knock out. I could go on and on... lol. I guess that's why I'm not fond of films made from novels, because you can see so much more in your mind. Also, not happy that MTV is producing it.

Actually Catherine Hardwicke is the director and Summit Entertainment is producing it. :)
Go look under "In-production"
http://www.summit-ent.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

I don't know if you know of Twilight Lexicon? But it is definitely one of the best sites that is updated daily. Also has a pretty good forum.
http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/

From what I heard, MTV was going to totally butcher the movie so Stephenie said no.
Anyways, I love Robert as Edward. He took a while to grow on me but I really do like him now with all the recent pictures. I like most of the cast but I think the only one I am REALLY disappointed with is Rosalie (Nikki Reed). Nikki is pretty but no where near how I pictured Rose.

Suki Wingy
03-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I pictured Edward as Cedric the whole time I was reading it so I was so happy when I heard they cast Robert. I'm just waiting for them to cast the right Jake! I was a bit disappointed with who they cast as Bella at first but she grew on me.

I agree you can't put it down. The first time I read Eclipse I was so angry at it but I was not able to put it down at all, even at 3 in the morning on a school night.

Does anyone know if there'll be any midnight release parties for Breaking Dawn? I so would love to go to a "Twilight Prom"

jennielynn1970
03-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Actually Catherine Hardwicke is the director and Summit Entertainment is producing it. :)
Go look under "In-production"
http://www.summit-ent.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

I don't know if you know of Twilight Lexicon? But it is definitely one of the best sites that is updated daily. Also has a pretty good forum.

From what I heard, MTV was going to totally butcher the movie so Stephenie said no.
Anyways, I love Robert as Edward. He took a while to grow on me but I really do like him now with all the recent pictures. I like most of the cast but I think the only one I am REALLY disappointed with is Rosalie (Nikki Reed). Nikki is pretty but no where near how I pictured Rose.

I haven't kept up much with the movie production, just that I wasn't thrilled with the casting. Last I knew it was MTV, but so glad that changed!!

I'll have to check in with the blog when I have some more down time. Thanks for the link!

jennielynn1970
03-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I pictured Edward as Cedric the whole time I was reading it so I was so happy when I heard they cast Robert. I'm just waiting for them to cast the right Jake! I was a bit disappointed with who they cast as Bella at first but she grew on me.

I agree you can't put it down. The first time I read Eclipse I was so angry at it but I was not able to put it down at all, even at 3 in the morning on a school night.

Does anyone know if there'll be any midnight release parties for Breaking Dawn? I so would love to go to a "Twilight Prom"

All I know is that Jake better have some long hair and look American Indian! No white boy who might pass for Amer. Indian, lol. I just see him so vividly in my mind.

When I was reading Twilight and Eclipse, I was the same way with not being able to put it down. New Moon, I was a little disappointed, and was frustrated and annoyed because I kept waiting for Edward, lol. I'm not super patient, lol. I just can't wait for Breaking Dawn... will she stay with Edward, will she go with Jacob? I keep weighing the pros and cons of each. I still think she should go for Jacob... he's big, and soft and warm... sigh.

I never got into Harry Potter this way. I'm the librarian, and I still haven't read past book 3 in that series. Granted this is more adult. By book 3 in Twilight, I've gotten to the point where I'm like "Would you just have sex and get the frustration over with?! GEEEZ!" I'm bad, I know, but gosh, it's just so drawn out!

Suki Wingy
03-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Heh, I read that part on the plane next to a grumpy looking woman, I kept thinking she was reading over my shoulder. :D

I totally am a Harry Potter fan. I was even planning on going to Terminus, a huge con, but I'll be out of town. :( I have all the HP audiobook files and I like to listen to them almost non stop while relaxing or knitting. When I finish one, I just start the next. :p I heard the audio sample of New Moon and wasn't impressed though.

Andie
03-25-2008, 10:48 PM
*jumps up and down w/ hand in air*

Me! I L-O-V-E those books. I had seen Twilight a couple times while in Barnes and Noble but I never really got the notion to pick it up. Then one night at the public library I was complaining that they didn't have the book I wanted so Dustin handed me a copy and said "Read this until they get *whatever the book was* back in. It's about vampires. You might like it.
He was right (don't tell him I said that).
I made him buy the first two books for me for christmas and my birthday and the third one the week it came out. Plus read them all after I did so I'd have someone to talk to about them. (His punishment for being right ;) :p )
I love Stephenie Meyer now.

Another good young adult author is Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Especially her The Keisha'ra Series. (Hawksong - Wyvernhail for the none AAR people)

jenfer
03-25-2008, 11:04 PM
:raise hands:

I loooooooooooove it. <33333333333

wolf_Q
03-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Don't hate me, but...I've read the 3 books, and I wasn't that impressed. My mom is a Jr. High Librarian so she brought them home for me to read because of how popular they are. They were ok, I found them pretty cheesy, but interesting enough to read the rest of the books. I thought the concept of the werewolves was cool, that they turned into a giant wolf, not some weird half wolf/half man creature. I didn't know there was another book coming out, I'll read it because I can't start a series and not finish it.

Karen
03-25-2008, 11:29 PM
We won't hate you, Amy! Maybe it is best if you read it like I did - before I knew anything about it. Having no preconceptions is often the best way to approach something. I didn;t know anything about it, never mind that it was popular.

As with any book I like, I dread them making a movie out of it. They never cast people very well, as they always go for "pretty" or "popular" over the way the characters are really supposed to look, and the way they are described in the books. I'm not even gonna go look at the site for the movie now, because I am sure it will just annoy me. And I cannot imagine them doing the vamps or werewolves justice without looking cheesy.

And if they do not cast real Native Americans from the NorthWest in the roles, I'm gonna be sooooo annoyed! Dying someone's hair black and painting them tan does not count. At all. Ever.

shais_mom
03-25-2008, 11:37 PM
pming you!

ramanth
03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
I grew up on YA Vamp books, so I'm checking this out from the library. :D

shais_mom
03-26-2008, 12:04 AM
my library didn't have it :(
I'm borrowing books 1 and 3 from my jr lib cousin but need #2.

jennielynn1970
03-26-2008, 08:33 AM

Did you read Peeps by Scott Westerfeld, or Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz yet?? Peeps is really good... bloody, but good. Blue Bloods I really liked as well, and am waiting for some extra cash to buy the sequel, Masquerade.

And Amy, I totally understand what you mean... I mean, everyone has different taste, and they are YA books, so they really can't get toooo graphic (at least shouldn't). Maybe that's why I was so impatient, lol. They're quick reads, even though they are long, and they really aren't super challenging on the vocabulary front, but they are addictive, lol!

Scott Westerfeld (http://www.scottwesterfeld.com/) also has other series out called The Midnighters and Uglies (followed by Pretties, and Specials)with is SciFi as well. There's also another series out called The Wereling (http://www.wereling.com/frameman.asp) by Stephen Cole, who is 37. I have all of these at school actually.

For girlie novels, I love Meg Cabot's (http://www.megcabot.com/#) books (NOT the Princess book.. they make me puke), and Sarah Dessen (http://www.sarahdessen.com/) . She is an amazing YA writer for girls.

sammy101
03-26-2008, 02:47 PM
And if they do not cast real Native Americans from the NorthWest in the roles, I'm gonna be sooooo annoyed! Dying someone's hair black and painting them tan does not count. At all. Ever.

They casted an Native American for Sam Uley. His name's Solomon Trimble. He's on myspace so if you search his name he will come up. They could have done much better with Jake.
I'm pretty content with the cast. I really like Bella, Edward, Emmett & Carlisle. And it made me really happy that they are trying to cast Native Americans, even though Jake isn't going to be an legit NA in the movie. I'm not going to judge until I actually see it but so far it looks like its going to be pretty good. I just hope people will actually read the book and not base it just on the movie.

Jake & Edward both have there pros and cons but I hope she goes with Edward. I'm really not sure what's going to happen in the 4th book, there are SO many things that could happen..it's making me really anxious to read it! lol

What do you guys think of Twilight being written in Edwards POV?

Suki Wingy
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Who'd they cast as Jake???
Someone told me it was that kid from Sharkboy and Lava girl but I thought it was a rumour. I was really dissapointed anyway because my little sister has played that movie SO MANY times I could never see the actor as anyone but that dorky little "Sharkboy"

jennielynn1970
03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
What do you guys think of Twilight being written in Edwards POV?

I heard about that too, and I think it would be interesting to see things from his point of view.

I don't remember Sam Uley having that large of a part in Twilight... he was a larger part in New Moon and Eclipse. I wonder if they are combining the books to make the movie??? Maybe they wrote about that already and I just wasn't paying attention.

I'm kinda ticked at Jacob not being a true Native American. When they first described him, I was picturing "Wind in his Hair" from that Dances w/ Wolves movie, lol. I lusted after him for ages! :p

sammy101
03-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Taylor Lautner is playing Jake. He's a cute kid,he's matured a lot since Sharkboy and is at the right age to play Jake in Twilight but the only thing is he's not Native American. And I'm not sure if he would be able to bulk up if they were to make New Moon & Eclipse. He's only 16 and I don't think he would be able to have that look of a 25 year old.

I was picturing "Wind in his Hair" from that Dances w/ Wolves movie, lol.
haha ditto!

I think the only part Sam Uley was in in Twilight was when Bella went to the beach and met Jacob there and Sam was there also. They are putting the scene in the movie.
The actors have sign a contract where they would have to be in all of the movies if they are to make New Moon, Eclipse & probably Breaking Dawn. So all the movies will just be based on that one book.

I'm such a nerd that I know all this stuff. I've been following it almost everyday...lol :o

Suki Wingy
03-27-2008, 06:41 PM
You're not a nerd until you start writing fanfiction, but even then it's not a bad thing! I've only written Harry Potter fanfiction so far. :)

sammy101
03-27-2008, 07:01 PM
I think it's really cool to do that kind of stuff. I would totally do it but I just don't have the time for it!

Just found out they casted Billy Black. His name is Gil Birmingham.

Andie
03-28-2008, 11:27 AM
You're not a nerd until you start writing fanfiction, but even then it's not a bad thing! I've only written Harry Potter fanfiction so far. :)

Well poo! Now I'm a wrestling nerd and a pet freak. LOL

Will the titles never stop rolling in? :D ;)

shais_mom
03-28-2008, 12:02 PM
has anyone read the young adult series by James Patterson.
the Maximum Ride series? I read the adult books introducing them but I just found out recently he wrote a YA series with the Flock.

Suki Wingy
03-29-2008, 09:12 PM
yay!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1993913#post1993913

Suki Wingy
03-30-2008, 05:46 PM
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/icons/poor-jacob.gif

I don't understand how people can hate him.

Karen
03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/icons/poor-jacob.gif

I don't understand how people can hate him.

You mean people within the book, or fans of the series?

Within the book, of course people always fear what they do not understand, and hate being afraid, so hate the werewolves.

Fans of the series may hate Jake because he is standing between Bella and Edward simply being a happy couple, but hey, what would a good book be without conflict?

Andie
03-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Fans of the series may hate Jake because he is standing between Bella and Edward simply being a happy couple, but hey, what would a good book be without conflict?

I love Jake because he causes conflict. What can I say I love the trouble makers. :D

shais_mom
03-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I just finished chapter 3 of the first book -
i'm unsubscribing to this thread b/c of spoilers!! :D

Suki Wingy
03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh, sorry for any spoilers. although you probably won't see my appology until you've finished reading.

I meant fans of the series hating the character.

Sirrahsim
04-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm embarrassed and completely suprised at myself but I have to come out of the woodwork :D We were at the bookstore and Twilight was on sale 40% off so I bought it.... Me, mother of two, no spare time, never passes up an opportunity to sleep, stayed up till 1 am reading most of it. I finished it during the boys' naptime the next day. That afternoon I had my husband take me to the bookstore so that I could get the next two books. It took me 3 days of reading every moment of the boys' naptime but I read all three books in 3 days!! That was about 10 days ago and I have now read each book twice.

**I'm hopelessly addicted!! ** I can't wait for Breaking Dawn, which will be a birthday present for me because it comes out on my birthday!! Until then I may be forced to make the leap and start poking around to see if I can find any decent fanfiction :) :D

By the way, the laundry that managed to pile up on my couch waiting to be folded is COMPLETELY your fault for making me consider reading these books :D

shais_mom
04-29-2008, 09:03 AM
I FINISHED THEM!
and Loved them!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I cannot tell you how much I LOVE these books! It was just a random purchase one day, and I think I had bought AND finished them all in like three days, lol.

Not a big fan of Jake. What he and Bella had in New Moon was cute, but Bella is meant to be with Edward. I can't imagine the hurt Edward would feel if Bella chose Jake over him.

Personally, I hated New Moon. Too sad, no Edward. :p When I re-read them, I either skip New Moon entirely or read the good parts.

I cannot WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT for Breaking Dawn!

Suki Wingy
04-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know if there will be any midnight release parties for Breaking Dawn? I need to get a Jake shirt. :p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Oooh, I hope so. If there's one in my area, my cousin and I are going for sure.

I need to make an Edward shirt. :p

Sirrahsim
04-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Ohhhh nice Trailer :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDVlQPpVUA8

Edited to add that it isn't an official trailer but it is very nciely done :)

jennielynn1970
04-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Anyone started, or reading, the Immortal Instruments series yes? City of Bones was out first, City of Ashes is 2nd, and City of Glass comes out in March 2009. It's also a dark fantasy, involving vampire, werewolves, warlock and all to a lesser extent, and not as friendly, and kids who are called Shadow Hunters, and are hunting the Downworlders (vamps, wolves, daemons....). It's got a lot of history in it, and you can see how they weave in the "golden cup/chalice" like in Arthurian legends. It's got romance in it, and it is tense at times, it's not a steamy or whatever as Twilight is, nor is there that animal attration that there seems to be there, but it City of Bones was good once I got into it. Going to pick up City of Ashes this week.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted it yet, but apparently the "Mediator" series by Meg Cabot is really good. 6 books. I guess its about some girl who falls in love with a ghost. Everyone I've talked to about Twilight has recommended these books. I ordered the first three, so I'll let you guys know!

jennielynn1970
04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted it yet, but apparently the "Mediator" series by Meg Cabot is really good. 6 books. I guess its about some girl who falls in love with a ghost. Everyone I've talked to about Twilight has recommended these books. I ordered the first three, so I'll let you guys know!

I have all of them in our school library. They are NEVER on the shelves. If anyone is interested in reading over the summer (we stop our book circulation on May 15 to do inventory and such) let me know, and I can ship some out for your to read as long as your return them to me before school starts in August!

shais_mom
04-30-2008, 11:57 PM
pm me your addy Jenn - so I can send New Moon back to you so you can send it on! :D

jennielynn1970
05-01-2008, 12:06 AM
If anyone wants to borrow Book 2, NEW MOON, PM Staci with your address.

Anyone want to borrow Book 1, TWILIGHT, or book 3, ECLIPSE, PM me with your addy and I'll send them out.

Book swap time!!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-01-2008, 01:04 AM
I think I'm too in love with the books to send them out to people. :p I'm re-reading them now while I wait for the Mediator books to come in.

BY THE WAYYYY---
If you go to the Stephenie Meyer website, she has the first chapter of Midnight Sun (Edward POV) up so you can read it! I looooved it!

Link: PDF Version http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_chapter1.pdf

Enjoyyyyyyy!

Suki Wingy
05-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I read that, I was really not aware how close he was to (spoiler here)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-01-2008, 06:26 PM
I know! I read it and I was like... wowww. I never knew it was so... intense for him! *loves Edward anyway*

Edwina's Secretary
05-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Eat your hearts out!

I have been to the Twilight Prom in Phoenix and heard the author read from her next book!

Recognize these guys?
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Juliaattheprom.jpg?t=1209684819

That's my niece, who I took to the prom in the middle. Somewhere I have photos of the prom from last year. I will see if I can find them.

Almita
05-01-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm such a big fan, got all of my books signatured by stephenie.

I adore it, and pretty much love it due to loving vampires and all that stuff.

jennielynn1970
05-01-2008, 07:53 PM
GASP!!! :eek:

Can I be a niece of yours, too?! ;) :p

Eat your hearts out!

I have been to the Twilight Prom in Phoenix and heard the author read from her next book!

Recognize these guys?
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/Juliaattheprom.jpg?t=1209684819

That's my niece, who I took to the prom in the middle. Somewhere I have photos of the prom from last year. I will see if I can find them.

Sirrahsim
05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Link to full size official teaser trailer on the May 5th update

I feel like a 17 year old who just got invited to prom or something. I actually squealed... then laughed at myself when my children came to check on me:rolleyes::D

Suki Wingy
05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Agh! That made me excited about the movie again! I kind of lost interest in the movie because I thought they would just butcher the books, but from this it looks good again! Depending on when my Christmas break starts I'll either be in Chicago or Ames, but I think I'll go to the midnight opening (if there is one) if I'm in Chicago with my friends.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh.

Oh my.

I squealed so loud, my mom came out of the bedroom to ask what the heck I was doing.

I'm off to watch it again! :D :D :D :D :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Anyone picked up The Host yet? I bought it today, and so far so good. =]

ramanth
05-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, I got Twilight from the library and I tore through it in only a couple of days. Could not put the darn thing down. It'd be 4 a.m. and I'd have to force myself to stop reading. *laughs* New Moon is enroute. :D

Was curious if they were going to make a movie out of this. Will be following that closely. :)

BTW... are their spoilers in this thread for New Moon and Eclipse? I don't want to be spoiled...perhaps other threads could be made for discussion of those books? :)

Did you read Peeps by Scott Westerfeld, or Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz yet?? Peeps is really good... bloody, but good. Blue Bloods I really liked as well, and am waiting for some extra cash to buy the sequel, Masquerade.

I haven't, but thanks for the suggestions!

JuniorxMyxLove
05-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I want to read that series SOOO bad but they don't have them at the library, i have no money to buy them, and the person who said they'd let me borrow them has decided that they hate me.

:( I will read them eventually, though.

k9krazee
05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I read the first, and half of the second during my winter vacation. I was forced to leave the book home when I went back to school (was afraid of being distracted when I should be reading biology books!)..but I'm so excited to get home to read it!

All in all, I'm reading the series, and have enjoyed it; it's just not my favorite. I found it extremely cheesy and laughable. My little sister is OBSESSED.

Edwina's Secretary
05-06-2008, 09:40 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/00013.jpg?t=1210127785
Stephanie Meyer Reading from her book
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/00010.jpg?t=1210127893
Vampire Conga Line
http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/th_00001.jpg
Centerpiece
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/00004.jpg?t=1210127996
SM and Friends

Andie
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
*Bump*

Almost finished with The Host. :love: Awesome book.

Almita
06-10-2008, 03:20 PM
i have the books, just waiting for Breaking Dawn, to go to the store and get it signed by her, since she lives here.

only books i'm actually interested in. I love those types of books with vampires. I love it a lot.

ramanth
06-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Finished Eclipse last week. I think I'll read Host while I "paitently" wait for August to roll around. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Working on an Alice Cullen "costume". Andy said it's not a costume if it's street clothes. *laughs*

I have my fingers crossed that I can get contacts from 9MM SFX. :D

Experimenting with the cut. I know it's not the right color, but I felt like being a red head. :cool:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/alice/IMG_6446_copy.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/alice/IMG_6448_copy.jpg

The style I'm going for:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/alice/alice3.jpg

And I think I'm going to make this dress.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/ramanth/alice/005.jpg

Sirrahsim
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
You look great! Alice is one of my favorite characters:D

jennielynn1970
06-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Your haircut is adorable, and I think the red is a good color on you... although the dark chocolate brown would be pretty too, I think. You have gorgeous skin! I like the top and the necklace too. You look so petite! I'd love to see the finished dress on you if you make it. I have no sewing talents, lol, so love to see what people make!

ramanth
10-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Love the new trailer!!! :love: :cool: :D

http://www.twilightthemovie.com/ecard_widget/index.html

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I Am So Freaking Excited For This Movie!!!

jennielynn1970
10-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Gives me CHILLS!!!! :D

shais_mom
10-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Gives me CHILLS!!!! :D

agreed - I had goosebumps!

caseysmom
10-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I can't wait!

Sirrahsim
10-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I can't get any of the links to work:( When did they change the release date? I am so excited!!

caseysmom
10-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I can't get any of the links to work:( When did they change the release date? I am so excited!!

Its been a while and I am not complaining :D

Sirrahsim
10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
EEEEEEk!! I got the HD version to load!!! I am freaking out. Austin is looking at me like I have lost my mind:D:D:D

Suki Wingy
10-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I can't wait! I can't help but think that Robert sometimes had some trouble with the American accent though.

CathyBogart
10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
*happy sigh* I'm re-reading the books this week, and they're as amazing as the first time through.

ramanth
10-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm really hoping the local theater does a midnight showing. If not, it's early morning matinee for me! :D