PDA

View Full Version : Re: A comment I made in the Ally Cat thread

Scooter's Mom
03-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I made this post in the Ally Cat thread

I feel like nobody has failed this kitty. Whatever is going on is really Jennie's business and if she wants us to know she will fill us in.

You should not judge until you've been in the shoes of the person being viciously attacked day in and day out. Have you taken in a kitty only to be viciously attacked repeatedly? Seriously enough to warrant visits to the ER and days off of work? And despite nearly a year of this, still wanting only what was best for the kitty?

My heart goes out to Ally Cat. However, no matter how big of a cat lover I am, I'd have never tolerated that behaviour after the 2nd attack... maybe 3rd. I would have had to find a different solution.

So please, everyone - don't gang up on Jennie. She has done EVERYTHING she possibly could for this kitty. You really just don't know what you'd do until you're in her shoes.

I've gotten a PM stating that I shouldn't have stated this towards any one person. And that I owe that one person an apology. Well - in my defense, it isn't aimed at ANYONE in particular. It was aimed at everyone who was asking questions that perhaps Jennie wasn't ready to answer.

To anyone who felt it was directed at them - I do apologize. I never intended to point fingers at anyone in particular.

May Ally Cat rest in peace. May Jennie know that she did ALL that she could, and she did not let anyone down.

shais_mom
03-26-2008, 12:05 AM
I tried to post earlier but ran into a wall,
I don't think any apology is needed, you are entitled to your opinion as well as others.
((hugs))

Grace
03-26-2008, 07:14 AM
I agree with Staci. I don't see anything wrong with the comments you posted.

pitc9
03-26-2008, 09:34 AM
I don't see how any ONE person could have taken that directly.
If they did... maybe it's their own guilt that makes them think it was directed to them.

Scooter's Mom
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks to you all.

I feel badly that anyone was upset by my message. :(

kitten645
03-27-2008, 07:27 PM
I gather Ally has been put down? :( Poor Jennie must be devastated. I had a feeling it couldn't end well and I hope her and her furkids find some peace now.
I see the thread was pulled? :confused:
Claudia

Moesha
03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
It wasn't pulled, it was moved to the Cat Memorial section.

lvpets2002
03-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't see how any ONE person could have taken that directly.
If they did... maybe it's their own guilt that makes them think it was directed to them.
Thank You & I Agree!!

jennielynn1970
03-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Just saw this now, as I don't get to General very often.

I didn't see anything in your post where you were pointing fingers. I really appreciated your post, because it made me feel better. This whole thing has been a rough ride.

Big hugs going out to you!!