PDA

View Full Version : Springer (bike attachment)

finn's mom
03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
I finally ordered one! I just reread some of the previous posts where Glacier has spoken of her success with it, and am really looking forward to giving it a shot. :) I really think it will help with exercising Finn, and hopefully will get me more motivated to ride my bike. I just find it boring. :/ There's a 30 day money back guarantee, so I'll test it out and let you guys know if it is staying home with us or going back to Springer!

Wish us luck, I've been talking about getting one for a few years, now. :) Nothing like procastination, haha.

Should be here in a week or so! :D

binka_nugget
03-24-2008, 12:16 PM
How much did you pay for it? There's no way I can tire out Miss Kevious with a walk.. it might be a good idea to invest in one!

husky 1
03-24-2008, 12:20 PM
I use 1 with kavik, he runs well next to the bike. I find it quite safe.

Glacier
03-24-2008, 12:20 PM
How much did you pay for it?

I paid 110 for mine, but that was several years ago. Worth every dime and then some!

Have fun, Kari and Finn!

k9krazee
03-24-2008, 02:10 PM
My dad made a homemade one for me. I LOVE it...and it's VERY effective at tiring out Jack!

ramanth
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I purchased the Biker Dog brand and I love it. I haven't had a chance to use it with Chipper yet, but it tires Kia out. :)

finn's mom
03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
With shipping, it was just under $60. I'm excited, I definitely can't tire Finn out with a walk, there's not enough hours in the day. ;) We have a few things we do with him that tire him out before us, but the Springer will be a great way to do it, too!

ramanth
03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Well... I just went to the Springer website and now I have a virus on my computer. I had no other browsers or applications open at the time so... :(

And of course I was at work. IT will be pleased. :rolleyes: :(

Cinder & Smoke
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Well... I just went to the Springer website and now I have a virus on my computer. ... :(

And of course I was at work.
IT will be pleased. :rolleyes: :(

:eek:

OMG! Wear your earplugs for your meeting with the IT Guy!

Are you sure you really got to the "real" Springer site?
Lots of time when you search for a Brand Name - a dozen or more "dealers"
are shown by the search engines - rather than the original manufacturer.

And HOW did a *bug* get through all the firewalls you must have on your network?
:confused:

Tell the IT Guy you were just "testing" the network protection -
and you found a "hole" in it!

:p

ramanth
03-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I went to www.springerusa.com

I was browsing the site and then my computer said there was an error and shut down and restarted on it's own. After restart, it shut down AGAIN and rebooted. :eek: :(

Windows popped up with this message saying there was spyware on my comp. I ran InoculateIT (the antivirus program IT installed) and Ad-Aware. Both programs found nothing wrong but the computer shuts down on it's own at random and the stupid Windows alert keeps popping up.

So I emailed IT.

I hope they don't block my internet. :(

Giselle
03-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh dear! Well, if it makes you feel better, my computer's virus-y, too. I can't get rid of it, so I've learned to deal with a computer that works when it feels like it. Very very very frustrating, I might add...

That said, I'd love a Springer for Ivy, too, but I wish we had a larger yard more than a Springer. I personally don't have to guts to ride my bike with Ivy and I can't anyways because she's leash reactive :rolleyes:

ramanth
03-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah, our home computer can be buggy too, but I share my work computer with a couple of co-workers and I don't think they would deal. If I don't say anything to IT, they would. :)

cloverfdx
03-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Have fun Kari and Finn :D.

I have a WalkyDog bike attachment and love it, i usually put the BCs on a brace/ double lead, harness them up and take them together... they love it.

Harri is old enought to go for rides now, and i find that's realy the only thing that wears the little fella out. He gets so excited when the bike comes out.

With that i might take the BCs for a quick ride, it is nice and cool out so i can run them hard ;).

anna_66
03-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh you and Finn are going to have a great time!

We have the Bikerdog and the girls LOVE it!

finn's mom
03-27-2008, 11:52 PM
I should be getting the Springer soon, I'm excited! Thanks for the replies, I'll try to get photos when we use it. :)

ramanth, sorry about the virus. :/

lute
03-28-2008, 08:40 AM
They sell these at dog shows sometimes. I'm always wanting to get one. I could really use it for Gracie. I'm really glad this thread was made. The only thing that ever stops me is me worrying if it's safe or not. I may just have to get one at my next show.