PDA

View Full Version : This is Henry..

CultureJunky
03-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Introducing Henry to you all...

Henry lives across the road from me and belongs to our neighbour Linda.
Since Jack passed away three weeks ago, Henry has been coming in to visit us and have a smoothe and a cuddle on our laps.
I have to admit I think Jack has sent him as he knew how depressed and heartbroken I have been since he went. I definately feel there are some feline angels at work here. I do feel that Jack is still with me, in spirit, there is something I can feel, and I know he is still around.
I think he must've whispered in Henry's ears (I don't think Henry has got his wings yet;) ) as we all know cats are angels, and they do good work on earth and in the spiritual world too.
I think Jack must've had a word and said please go and see my mum cause I know she cries for me and comfort her.
Henry is a very sweet gentle lap cat, and I certainly don't mind him coming over for a visit. He has always been friendly but it is quite odd how since Jack went he's made a point of coming over to see us.

Henry was originally being fostered by Linda for Cat's Protection (the same charity I adopted Jack & Sunny from) but she decided to keep him because he is so sweet. He was a stray for a while and being fed by a lady in her garden though he didn't go inside, she called in Cat's Protection when she noticed he had a wound, it turned out Henry had been shot with an airgun pellet, probably cose range as it had gone through his hip bone.
So he was operated on and Linda fostered, but decided he was a keeper and he's been with her now about 6 months along with her three other cats, Kizzy, Alfie, and Riley. Riley some of you may remember I posted some pictures of him a while ago when he stopped by for a visit, he's an orange gentleman.

So here are some pictures of our visitor Henry..he's a gentle old soul.

Kate

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Razorbladebeat/HenryTwo.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Razorbladebeat/HenryFour.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Razorbladebeat/Henry.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Razorbladebeat/HenryThree.jpg

angelbow20
03-24-2008, 10:59 AM
He is a really cute kitty.

Taz_Zoee
03-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Awww, good for Henry. Thank you Jack for sending Henry over to visit with your meowmie and daddie. Keep sending little things like this so they know you are okay. :)

AlleyCat
03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Henry's just a handsome fellow, isn't he ?? :)

lvpets2002
03-24-2008, 12:53 PM
;) Awee Henry that is so Sweet of you to visit.. Your so Adorable..

Freedom
03-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi Henry, so nice to meet you! Aren't you the social butterfly, stopping in to visit and entertain, receiving some petting and consoling in return. Great job, Henry!

Kate, what a FACE! He is so inquisitive and yet, calming.

orangemm
03-24-2008, 01:23 PM
What a darling boy he is! Sweet Henry, thank you for being such a lovely cat companion. Wish I lived near you so you would come visit me.....

Give Henry some scritches for me...........

catmandu
03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
:cool: AND THATS GREAT THAT HENRY HAS TWO HOMES TO BE A LAP CAT IN, AND TWO PLACES WHERE HE WILL FIND A DISH WITH HIS NAME ON IT.
I BET THAT JACK NAGELS SENDS HENRY OVER WITH A KITTY BAG FROM FOOD BEST FOR HIS MEEWOMIE ,FROM THE SIRLOIN CELLAR.
:cool: :D :D :cool: :D

jennielynn1970
03-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh, that face! He just looks so sweet and calm. Does you neighbor have any idea as to his age? I think I'd be with her and not have the heart to give him up. What a sweetie! I'm glad he's visiting with you and providing comfort (and receiving it in return). Big hugs going out to all of you!

Killearn Kitties
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
What a sweetheart Henry looks. :D I would like to cuddle with him myself! What does Sunny think of him cuddling up to her people?

CultureJunky
03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Sunny is not too bad with him actually, she just gives him daggers whilst he walks past! She's very tolerant, and he only stays for a couple of hours then I let him back out to go home across the road.
Originally Cat's Protection thought he was only around 5 years old, but having spent time with him myself and also Linda agrees we think he must be senior, around 13/14 years old I would say, he's very placid, and quiet, he sits and rocks back and forth and falls asleep standing up, exactly like our family cat Doris does and she's elderly, 17 years old.
I just get this elderly vibe from him, he's extremely sedate, and not at all active in his demeanour, which makes me think he is definately a senior kittizen. He only wants to curl up and sleep, and purrs very serenely, he doesn't demand attention, but appreciates it, like as if that's all he wants out of life.

Incidently, I don't think I said this when I've talked about Jack's passing, when I asked the vet about Jack when it was time for him to go to the bridge, regarding his age, he said that he thought Jack was certainly elderly around 16 years old. We thought by his age given when we adopted that he was only around 12, but the vet said he had all the signs of being a geriatric cat, and in particular the way his right eye had changed colour and also of course his hyperthyroidism.

Killearn Kitties
03-24-2008, 05:58 PM
In the photos that you posted, Henry certainly looks like a senior kittizen. Please give him a big cuddle from me. :D Sunny sounds as though she reacts a little like our girls when Micky forces his evil way through the catflap. They give him a certain space, but really aren't too bothered.

I thought that Jack was much younger than your vet is saying. He certainly looked like a much younger boy. You would have to say that he was a lucky boy to be so healthy for so long.

phesina
03-24-2008, 06:14 PM
What a fine gentleman! And how good of him to come over and help you grieve Jack.

Edwina's Secretary
03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I remain amazed at the communal nature of Cats of the British Isles! Come through the flap...stop by for a chat...the other day I read of a London cat going around the neighborhood collecting stuffies for the new "skin" baby in its house.

Such social creatures you have! :D :D

Medusa
03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
What a sweet face Henry has. It's as though he's saying "May I comfort you?" Jack, ya dun good. :p

Laura's Babies
03-24-2008, 10:25 PM
WHAT a sweetheart! Look at that face! Henry has a fan club here at my house with that adoreable face. You can bet he knows what he is doing too! He knows he is there to comfort you over your loss, that is his job and he seems to be doing it well.. God Bless you Henry!

cassiesmom
03-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Henry, how nice to meet you today, handsome sir.

orangemm
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I just HAD to come back again and look at that sweet serene face. Henry, you are a love!