PDA

View Full Version : Austrailian Sheperds and Border Collies

Dogz
08-21-2002, 10:18 PM
Hi!
I was just wondering if there are any Austrailian Sheperd or Border Collie fans out there. I am one! I just LOVE them! But I love ALL dogs. And when I say ALL dogs, I mean ALL DOGS! ALL DOGS!
Do you have any pics of those breeds, OR your dogs?
'Cause I LOVE doggies!:D
And of course all of the other little animals out there! Maybe they arn't even little!:D

Kater
08-22-2002, 06:08 AM
my beloved and very missed border collie 'Jack' has a web album at
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291596817

Hope you enjoy the pictures!!
~kate

primabella
08-22-2002, 07:55 AM
i LOVE those breeds as well, but don't have any of my own, and probably never will. those breeds need lots of space and i don't have that...oh well:) they're amazing animals, in my opinion:)

primabella
08-22-2002, 08:09 AM
i accidentally posted twice, so ignore this post:o

Aspen and Misty
08-22-2002, 02:18 PM
My Chewy is Half Australian Shepherd. He looks like one and everyone ask me why my Aussie is so short. I then have to say that he is a mix and there like o my he looks just like one. LOL. Well here is the only picture I have of him at the time :( . But hopefully new ones comeign soon!

Ashley

primabella
08-22-2002, 02:40 PM
awww....chewy is so cute:D

Crikit
08-22-2002, 06:57 PM
I have a 21 mnth old female purebreed border collie named Winter. She's a freak but I love her any way and I know a few other border owners but they really aren't for everyone.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/p9e17788c141ee259553cdc36da3b79f6/fdd6d564.jpg

Dogz
08-22-2002, 07:21 PM
Oh my goodness! No wonder people are talking about Chewy!!!
He is soooo adorable! I want one like him!!! J/K!!!
I already have three babies, and I don't have room for another one!!!:D
Winter is also ADORABLE!!!
And of course!! Jack is soooo cute!!! Luf your album!!!
Keep posting more pics!!!
Me want more! Me Want More! ME WANT MORE!!!:D :D

Aspen and Misty
08-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Glad you guys liked Chewy. I love him alot.

Dogz
08-24-2002, 02:33 PM
Does anyone else like Border Collie and/or Austrailian Sheperds?

kobieeli
08-25-2002, 02:17 PM
Our boy Eli is an Aussie and we adore him! What a great breed. You can check him out at the Yahoo album link below--go to the folder "Kobie and Eli" and he's the black tri in the photos. :D

Dogz
08-25-2002, 06:04 PM
Thanks!
Can anyone else post anymore pics, or give me some links?

Birdie4U
08-26-2002, 08:17 PM
I have three Australian Shepherds and although they are old now they are by far still active and remarkable dogs. I have been unable to post for sometime after posting on the Australian Shepherd thread. It is alway great to meet others who also have Aussie. I have a web pages on mine as they or now retired cattle dogs. My daughter in Warrenton,VA. has 5 which have all won awards in herding as my dog Dinkum and his mom Kate. If you'd like to meet my little Aussies please check out our web pages: [http://pages.ivillage.com/iriserskine ] Once again it's great to meet others with both Aussies as well as Border Collies both breads or wonderful dogs! :D

Birdie4U
08-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Aussie or short little dogs, take a look at my Dinkum who is now 12 years old. His just like your Aussie!! Dinkum has won best of breed in several shows starting out as a puppy. It was his smiling at the judges that really got him the blue ribbons I'm certain!!! Australian Shepherds (pages.ivillages.com/iriserskine) Let me know if you think Dinkum looks like your Aussie? :)

Dogz
08-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Birdie4U,
I don't have a Aussie... Or are you talking to someone else?
Oh, who cares! Thanks for the link!

Birdie4U
08-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Kater
my beloved and very missed border collie 'Jack' has a web album at
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291596817

Hope you enjoy the pictures!!
~kate The photos of Jack with the girls, is a story without the need for words as the pictures themselves told a story of the love and happy times shared with him. What a great way to remember the little border collie who made everyone so happy! Thanks too for sharing the photos for I couldn't help but smile while looking at them. :p

Fuzzy317
08-27-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by primabella
. . . those breeds need lots of space . . .

I had not known much about an Australian Shepherds until a co-worker had just gotten one. He did not know about them either, since he had previously moved into a condominium. I hope they both will be okay :confused:

Birdie4U
08-27-2002, 11:43 PM
I had for so long been unable to post messages as my Mother had passed away following a long illness. It is good to be able to return and see that others have joined the thread on Aussies and Border Collies. My one old girl Kate is now close to 16 and although she is slow and has a hard time seeing she still walks with me each morning out to feed the horses and check on the cattle. I now find myself looking after her for all the times she has looked after me. I know she misses herding the stock and playing in the fields, but I know she still enjoys sitting on the porch and sharing breakfast with me. I enjoy the talks about your Aussies and Border Collies they are after all little people in fur coats!!! :p

Dogz
08-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Thank you for that heartwarming story Birdie4U!!
Sorry to hear about you mother.:(

Birdie4U
08-28-2002, 11:20 AM
:p Thank you for your kindness!

Redd
08-28-2002, 07:32 PM
I dont have an Aussie or a BC [although I used to have an Aussie], but I do have an Australian cattledog. They are similar to Aussies and BCs in type. He is an absolute handful, but I don't know what I'd do without him!

Jackson Redd [aka Jacks]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p9e03aead9a07b67b0484b978eff4c965/fd71844f.jpg

He's a little bit bigger now, I will update new pics as soon as I can!

Dogz
08-28-2002, 08:58 PM
Cute pic Redd!!!
I can't wait till' updates!

Aspen and Misty
08-28-2002, 09:18 PM
I love Red! He looks so soft! I just want to hug him! O he is so cute!

Birdie4U
08-29-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Redd
I dont have an Aussie or a BC [although I used to have an Aussie], but I do have an Australian cattledog. They are similar to Aussies and BCs in type. He is an absolute handful, but I don't know what I'd do without him!

Jackson Redd [aka Jacks]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p9e03aead9a07b67b0484b978eff4c965/fd71844f.jpg

He's a little bit bigger now, I will update new pics as soon as I can! Your little puppy is so cute and they are great cattle dogs as our neighbor has them and they often show up here to visit with my Aussies.

Dogz
08-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Does any one else own, or adore Austrailian Shepherds and/or Border Collies? Or I am going to add Shetland Sheepdogs!

Aspen and Misty
08-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Hee hee! We haev an Aussie (Chewy) adn a 10 year odl Shetland Sheepdog named Teddy. Boy is he alot of fun! We love him to death. He is the best dog we have ever owned! I ocudl type forever but I need to go take a shower, but do not worry I wil be back to bald about him some more!

Dogz
08-30-2002, 10:58 PM
Pics too? Of both of your sweet babies!!

Aspen and Misty
08-31-2002, 12:10 PM
O gee Dogz. Its your lucky day! I might be getting pictures of my dogs for the computer TONIGHT. Hee hee. O gee I am exited! i will post there pictures later, if I get them, if not I won't have them till monday :( . But you all will finalyl be torchred with dog, cat and rat pictures WAA HAA HAA HAA HAA. OK gee well on the subject of Teddy bear, My sweet Little Lion dog, Hee hee.

Teddy is 10 years old and has some health condtions. Teddy has about 6 or 7 teeth left because he has very bad gum problems. We are nto aloud to brush his teeth though because it wil hurt his gums. Teddy also went to the vets this week to get a wound looked out and it ended up being a cyst. Which is not bad it will clear itself up soon. While we were there the vet who was looking at him checked out his Man parts. His one is extremly large and the other is very small. So they think we will need to get him nutered. We are hopeing we don't have to because he is so old and we don't want him to go threw withdraw or have licking problems. We love Teddy very much and we will get it done if we need to but only if we HAVE to. Teddy is the best dog anyone could ask for. He never gets dirty. Never bites. He never pees. But is very protective of his family. He once attacked my dog Chewy because he thought he was hurting me. And has attacked us kids more then once for makeing our mom Scream. I mean he jst jumps up and bites at the arm and stuff but I think if any one treid to hurt us he would be there to protect. I am hopeing my dog Chewy will be even half as good as Teddy and you could ask for no better.

Ashley

Dogz
08-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Thanks for your story Ashley! Good luck!:D

Aspen and Misty
08-31-2002, 04:42 PM
Ok well Here is Tedy Bear. These pictures are not very good at all, but they will do!

Aspen and Misty
08-31-2002, 04:43 PM
And here is Chewy.

Dogz
09-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Thanks sooooooo much Ashley! I love the pic! Is that you? Thanks again!

Aspen and Misty
09-01-2002, 01:24 PM
Yea thats me. I have a better one of Teddy.

Dogz
09-01-2002, 06:37 PM
Thanks again! I love all of your pics! Teddy is adorable!