PDA

View Full Version : Spring walk for the kitties **PIX**

Catlady711
03-22-2008, 10:46 PM
So it's Spring now and the cats have been driving me NUTS wanting to go outside. So after a 10 inch snowfall last night, I gave them their wish. Now they won't bug me so much about wanting to go outside for a while! ROFL :D ;)

Jack
(Begged to go out, jumped on stool and waited for his collar to get put on. Was out about 1 minute and decided he was afraid of the snow melting and running off the house so we came back in) LOL

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/IMG_4854.jpg

Pooky
(Also begged to go out, jumped on the stool and waited for his collar to get put on. Walked everywhere I would let him, but decided that he can't walk on snow very good even with his big feet. Stayed out about 10 minutes until I took him in, against his will)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/IMG_4884.jpg

Bear
(Sorry no pix, Bear's do not go out of the house, Bear's are ascared of the outside world and want to remain housekitty forever)

Cami
(Thought she wanted out until I set her down and she got her paws wet from melting snow. Then she started crying until I took her back inside)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/IMG_4900.jpg

Sabrina
(Wasn't too sure about the whole leash/collar thing, and going outside seemed exciting until I set her down. She cried continually until she was back inside and the collar off)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/IMG_4826.jpg

Sassy
(Wasn't too sure about the leash/collar thing, wasn't too sure about the whole going outside thing. Started crying as soon as I set her down and didn't stop until I picked her back up to go inside)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/IMG_4814.jpg

Josh
(Wasn't sure about the whole leash/collar thing, wasn't too sure what outside was but was interested. Did fine until he tried to walk on a snowdrift and his feet went through, then he started crying until I picked him up to come back inside)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/IMG_4839.jpg

KittyCrazy
03-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Too funny! I'll bet they'll all sleep good tonight! :)

Laura's Babies
03-23-2008, 08:55 AM
That is just so funny! Typical C-A-T! That was smart of you to do it when there was snow on the ground so they will think it is like that all the time and not want to go back out there. I loved the pictures and stories..

"I want out, I want in, I want out, I want in, I want out, I want in!"

catmandu
03-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I DONT THINK THE SNOW WOULD BOTHER MICHAEL , THE PRINCESS , SCARPPY 2 OR TUBSTER PANTHER WHO ARE USED TO IT.
BUT MIQUELITO AND POUNCIERGE WOULD BE LIKE YOUR CATS!!!
DAD, THERES COLD STUFF ON THE GROUND!!!! BRRRRRRR!!!!
TAKE US BACK IN , PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012071.jpg
THIS IS MORE LIKE IT. WE CERTAINLY ENJOYED THOSE CATS IN THE SNOW.

orangemm
03-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Those pictures are hilarious! "Mom, I don't like it!". Especially the girls, who don't want to get their little paws wet! (typical females) :D

Freedom
03-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Bear seems to have the BEST idea! Stay inside nice and snuggly and warm (and dry!).

Poor Cami, caught on camera in mid meaow!

You must have spent almost an hour, getting cat, putting on collar and leash, camera and cat outside, snap snap, back inside and start over again!

Think you have a problem with Pooky; he LIKED it!

Thanks for taking the time and then sharing it with us. :D

Catlady711
03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Pooky loves going for walks! He doesn't 'steer' as nicely as Dusty used to but at least I can convince him to go a certain direction with a bit of cajolling. The rest I just have to pretty much follow because they don't 'steer' at all. lol

Yeah, I find that taking them out when it's a bit snowy, cold or wet that they learn to appreciate being in the house better, at least until it really is nice enough to take them out for longer than a few minutes at a time.

I think it took about 45 minutes to cycle through all the cats, although hubby was kind enough to do the pix for me while I was walking them.

I've learned that Bear just doesn't go outside, except on rare occasions in the KatzenHaus when the weather is really nice and it's quiet outside. He never asks to go out and doesn't go near the door either. If I put him on a leash and take him out for a walk, he just hunkers down with his tail tucked, looking down at the ground and won't move. If I take him to my mom's trailer at the campground (which the other cats like to be there) he just hides in the corner the whole weekend. If I try taking him to the pet store he just hunkers down in the shopping basket and doesn't look around. The poor dear is just a born housekitty and happy to stay that way. Heaven forbid if I should ever have to move, I don't think he'd even like a new house either. lol

Emeraldgreen
03-23-2008, 12:36 PM
What beautiful cats! I just LOVE your torties! I had a tortie for 20 years named Jade and finally had to put her down a year ago because she was in kidney failure. There is something about tortoise shell cats, they seem to live long lives. I wish someone would do a study, maybe they have a special gene. How old are yours?

momcat
03-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Great pictures of your sweeties and all that snow! Thanks for sharing their wonderful adventure with that cold white stuff!

lvpets2002
03-23-2008, 04:25 PM
;) ;) They are All so Sweet & Adorable.. great pics thanks

Catlady711
03-23-2008, 07:34 PM
There is something about tortoise shell cats, they seem to live long lives. How old are yours?

These (along with their brother Josh) I acquired as "fosters" fall of '06. As you can see I failed Fostering 101. Those 3 are now 1 1/2 years old. My mom has a tortie named Torry who is 9 years old.

Thank you all for the sweet comments for the kitties. I passed on your oohhs and ahhhs with some cheek scratching for you guys.

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Cute pictures and thread.:) Hopefully now you've convinced them to stay inside for a while.:)

CultureJunky
03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Well that'll teach you won't it guys! Who wants to go outside when you can be all tucked up nice and warm in the nice snuggly indoors!

AlleyCat
03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
really sweet photos !!!! :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-24-2008, 12:59 PM
When I would take the E's in the snow...they hated it and wanted to go back in the house....until they forgot about the snow and wanted to go back outside! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randi
03-24-2008, 04:24 PM
LOL! What brave kitties you have! :D ;) Look at Sabrina and Sassy - they're shocked! Cami is at least able to protest, and Josh seems to want more.

They're all beautiful!! Kisses and headbumpies from us. :)

Donnaj4962
03-24-2008, 06:31 PM
What sweet pictures of your babies! I think Bear is the smartest of all.... he chose to stay inside where it is warm and cozy. I bet he was sitting back, snickering as each one went out and came right back inside! :rolleyes:

My girls both think they should get a chance outside. Tabby will layont he warm concrete and roll. Sasha likes to lay in the cool grass. Of course, this only happens during the warmer months. If they go outside when it is cold, they want right back inside.... it's cold out herer meowmie!