PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Casey...

caseysmom
03-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Casey and Bubba are in for their dental and the vet called and said they are done but Casey threw up under full anasthesia...sigh ....they are putting her on antibiotics just in case a piece got in her lungs. She threw up twice after she woke up also.

I was told not to feed them after midnght but they did have their dinner pretty late at 10 pm because we went to a wedding last night, I have to remember to feed her at 4 or 5 next time.

Bubba may need a tooth extracted too he has a really deep pocket that she is worried about.

Pam
03-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Casey and Bubba are in for their dental and the vet called and said they are done but Casey threw up under full anasthesia...sigh ....they are putting her on antibiotics just in case a piece got in her lungs. She threw up twice after she woke up also.

I was told not to feed them after midnght but they did have their dinner pretty late at 10 pm because we went to a wedding last night, I have to remember to feed her at 4 or 5 next time.

Bubba may need a tooth extracted too he has a really deep pocket that she is worried about.

I know you are worried but try to relax a little. My vet also will call if something comes up during a procedure and it is nice to be totally aware of what is going on. When Ripley was being neutered he discovered a baby tooth that never fell out and had the tech call for permission to remove it at the same time. :)

Ripley just had his dental yesterday. I hadn't fed him since 6:00PM the night before (they requested nothing after 8:00 but I was being even more careful.) Well, Ripley gets car sick so as he was being admitted he threw up and there was a tiny bit of undigested kibble in it. The technician quizzed me about when he had eaten, etc. and I told her and she let him stay.

When I went to pick him up the vet told me that would most likely throw up a couple of times if I gave him more than 1/4 cup of water at a time at home due to the drugs. He was right. Each time I offered Ripley a very small amount of water but he brought it back up. :( I withheld it for longer intervals and he did just fine. We are both hoping that Casey will soon be good as new. I know you are worried but I am sure they are being very careful with your sweetie.

By the way, tell Bubba that Ripley had to leave a few teeth behind this time around (we knew it ahead of time). He too has been placed on an antibiotic just as a precaution. Ripley said to tell Casey to be aware if she is offered small hot dog pieces as he has been finding a pill in his! :p :p

caseysmom
03-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks Pam, I worry about Casey I don't think I have ever got over how sick she was when I rescued her and she had a severe reaction to Albon, we almost lost her. This vet is more understanding and actully believes me, the vet I use to have said her never heard of that and brushed it off.

I guess the smaller dogs don't have as much room for their teeth, especially since bubba is half shihtzu they have that shortened snout. I will have to try to be good about brushing his teeth.

Taz_Zoee
03-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I will be thinking of you and Casey. I'm sure she'll be fine. But I'd worry too if it were my Zoee. She's going to need a dental here soon as well, and I don't want to!!!

Hugs to you, Casey and Bubba! :D

Daisy and Delilah
03-22-2008, 04:17 PM
This just scares me to death to read this and to even think about it. How awful for all of you!! Thoughts and prayers are heading your way from Florida.
{{{{{HUGS TO ALL}}}}} :(

Ginger's Mom
03-22-2008, 06:00 PM
She threw up under anesthesia? That is scary. Hope they are home and recovering now. Yeah, I have to call next week and schedule a dental for Ginger, too.

caseysmom
03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Well they are both home as usual bubba looks almost like nothing happened and casey looks like she has been run over by a truck.

I bought tooth brush sets for both of them. I have to give casey amoxicillan since there is a risk when they vomit under anasthesia, the good news is all her blood work looked good. She is overweight though so I need to work on that.

dukedogsmom
03-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Poor Casey. I just now saw this. I hope she feels better soon. Dasher sends get well kisses and so do I.

caseysmom
03-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Thank you Valeria and Dasher,Casey appreciates the good thoughts. She is passed out with her tongue hanging out right now :D

Bubba tried to jump up on his favorite chair and didn't make it, they both look like they tied one on. :D

chocolatepuppy
03-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm sure Casey will be ok, but oh how we worry, don't we? Pawsitive thoughts headed Casey's way.

caseysmom
03-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Well Casey is feeling much better today, I gave her and Bubba some plain rice last night and they both slept good. The vet said not to feed them but they both acted real hungry.

Casey coughed some during the night so hopefully she got up anything that may have gone in her lungs, I did start the antibiotics today just in case.

KYS
03-23-2008, 06:46 PM
I am so glad that Casey is feeling better. :D
That would have scared me too.

Pam
03-23-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm glad Casey is doing so much better and I know she is (and you are!) too. Give her and little Bubba some hugs from me. :)

Freedom
03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Glad to read that they are both getting over their 'hang over,' and that Casey seems to be better.

Once it is permissible, please deliver hugs and a treat from me, and let Bubba know he has to be good about brushing. Maybe he will let you floss, too? :D

wolf_Q
03-23-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm glad to hear Casey and Bubba are doing ok after their dentals. The vet thought Nebo may have had some vomit in his lungs after a bad vomiting episode and he had to be on antibiotics too. I'm sure Casey will be fine! :)