PDA

View Full Version : Sit? Stay?

RICHARD
03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Old dog's new tricks

An eight-year-old dog has picked up an astonishing array of circus tricks.

Cindy, a King Charles spaniel, can balance objects on all four paws while lying on her back, reports the BBC.

She can also keep a golf ball in a spoon held in her mouth while balancing objects on her head.

Owner Mark Bucknell, from Wednesfield, in the West Midlands, said: "Who needs the telly when you've got a dog like this?"

He said the family started teaching Cindy tricks when they took her in as an eight-month old.

It took her six months to learn to wait for her reward but, despite having undergone two leg operations since, her circus skills have remained intact.

Mr Bucknell advised other dog owners to train their own pets: "You don't do the dog any favours if you leave it as a dumb mut," he said.

"Put the effort in, get your dog some intelligence, get it to understand you will have yourself a better, more fun dog."

--------------

This is an easy one.....If the dog runs away, go check the the circus! :rolleyes: :confused:

Jessika
03-20-2008, 11:56 PM
So a dog that doesn't "know circus tricks" is a "dumb mutt"??? :confused:

Charlie must be legally retarded then :(

------------

"Get your dog some intelligence", like you can just go to Petsmart and pick some up... lol. Some people...

Freedom
03-21-2008, 09:19 AM
So a dog that doesn't "know circus tricks" is a "dumb mutt"??? :confused:

Charlie must be legally retarded then :(

------------

"Get your dog some intelligence", like you can just go to Petsmart and pick some up... lol. Some people...

He hee, I doubt he mean it the way it came out. More likely he meant if you don't wor with your dog and if you treat it as 'just a dog,' heck we all know THAT mentality here on PT.

Cute story, Richard!

dukedogsmom
03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I would love to see that balancing act. She sounds like a cute dog.

lvpets2002
03-21-2008, 02:43 PM
;) Mm such a Smart Pup.. Now I can top that off.. I have my dogs trained very well.. I can tell them what size a hole I need dug & they get er-done.. I can say go trim your nails & they get er-done by the size of hole they just dug.. Yes they do know how to shake hands/paws & get belly rubbss.. :D