PDA

View Full Version : Update On Pumpkin's Puppies 4/2/08 Post #9 PICTURES!!

Reachoutrescue
03-20-2008, 09:12 PM
I apologize for being away for so long. Things have been very rough here, and I still am with out a computer at home.

We have lost Fluffy and Captain. Fluffy died Sunday of an unknown illness, and Captain had to be euthanized on Monday. He stopped eating and was having trouble breathing. Due to his condition (unable to walk, being blind, and having seizures), it was the best thing for him.

Thor and Peanut are thriving, but Chica and Snoopy have become ill as well. Our vet and two others can not find anything wrong with them. We have spent hundreds of dollars on blood work and fecals, just to have them come back normal. They have spunk still and show interest in food, but just nibble or not even take a bite, and their stool is all water. They are both drinking water still, which is good. Our vet said all we can do is keep them hydrated (we are mixing Pedialyte with their water and giving Pedialyte directly through a syringe several times daily), give them the Albon (which covers coccidia, URI, and many other things), give them ProGut, to help with the watery stool, and pray. I just wish they would eat. This has been going on for about a week now. I am not sure what happened, but whatever it was is bad. The vet feels that at one point Captain had Distemper and that is why his bone structure became deformed. It was Neurological and she said he showed signs of the last stage of Distemper. If this is indeed the case, then that is what may be wrong with Chica and Snoopy, but their immune system was much stronger and they are trying to beat it. They were vaccinated about 5 days prior to the start of all this, and the immunity they got from Pumpkin is in their favor. Our vet is not sure if they will make it or not.

Pumpkin has Demodectic Mange and an infection in between her breasts from them rubbing together. She is in foster care being treated with Antibiotics and Mitaban. She has a home waiting for her when she is fully healed, but that won't be for at least two months, if not longer.

I just wanted to update everybody. I will update again as soon as I get to a computer. I am sorry for the bad news and the time I was away. I hope everybody has a nice Easter. Please pray for our remaining four puppies.

Thank you Pet Talk.

chocolatepuppy
03-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh how sad. :( Prayers on the way for Chica and Snoopy. Rest in Peace Fluffy and Captain. :(

Karen
03-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Prayers on the way, for healing and health for Pumpkin and her pups, and for you as well.

Catty1
03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Tracey, many prayers heading your way for the pups.

I wonder if poor Pumpkin had distemper while pregnant?

Thank you for giving those two little fighters every chance they can have. :)

HUGS and more PT Prayers!

pitc9
03-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Oh Tracy, I'm so sorry you've lost Fluffy and Captian. :(
I pray that Thor and Peanut stay healthy and I'm sending extra prayers for Chica and Snoopy that they are strong enough to beat what ever is making them sick.

I'm so sorry. :(

{{hugs}}

WELOVESPUPPIES
03-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Pumpkin's babies Captain and Fluffy. I will keep Chica and Snoopy in my prayers that they will be well soon and live out a long happy life.

Freedom
03-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Prayers from RI for you, Pumpkin and the puppies. RIP to the 2 little ones.

Hang in there, Tracey, you are doing so much for them an they know love and kindness, which they wouldn't have otherwise.

lute
03-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Praying all ends well with the ones you have left! Keep your head up and keep trying! You are doing a great thing and it does get hard, but just think of what would have become of these little ones if you hadn't taken them in. I have no idea what it is they could have. Are you syringe feeding them anything? If they won't eat on their own atleast force something in them. Give them a little more "umpf" to get over whatever this illness is.

Reachoutrescue
04-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Sorry it has been so long. The pups are now 9 wks old and finally ready for adoption! Thor is the biggest now...and he knows it! He is the dominant one that is for sure! Snoopy is finally back up to proper weight and is a complete lover! Peanut is still tiny but stands up quite nicely to his bigger brothers and he is too cute. Chica is still a little under weight and will remain with us a little longer until she regains her full strenght and weight. These remaining four pups are a blessing. I can not believe how big they are getting. I can't get over how Snoopy looks just like a Beagle and Thor looks like a Rottie!!

They will make their new owners (who ever they may be) very happy. Who ever adopts them will be very lucky. Here are some pictures of the growing pups. Enjoy.

Peaunt
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/PumpkinsPuppies007-1.jpg

Thor
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/PumpkinsPuppies011-1.jpg

Snoopy
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/PumpkinsPuppies013-1.jpg

Chica
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/PumpkinsPuppies008-1.jpg

And just some pics I snapped of 'em during dinner.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/PumpkinsPuppies015-1.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/PumpkinsPuppies017-1.jpg

WELOVESPUPPIES
04-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Wow they look so good, and what cuties!! I want peanut just look at that face in teh first picture...major cuteness! Glad to see they are doing great. Kudos to you and your family for doing such a MARVELOUS job!

pitc9
04-03-2008, 07:21 AM
I'm SO glad the other 2 pulled through!
You've done such a great job! How's Pumpkin?

lute
04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
They look really great! Another job well done! No pics of mummy??? Good luck puppies in your new homes! :D

Reachoutrescue
04-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Pumpkin is actually in foster care now recovering from Demodectic Mange. She has a new home waiting for her when she is better. She is doing very well with the treatment and is up to full weight now. She also will be spayed once her mange is gone. Sorry for not letting you guys know about her. I have been a scatter brain lately!! :)

chocolatepuppy
04-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Thank goodness the sick pups pulled through! They're all so cute! Best wishes to Pumpkin. :)