PDA

View Full Version : Street signs?

RICHARD
03-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Is a Ped Xing some kind of Chinese Dynasty?

Why does the sign across the street say SCHOOL CROSSING while I have never seen a school in the intersection?

Is it wise to buy an electric car when you live on a street posted as having NO OUTLET?

Why do some streets have a sign saying SPEED HUMPS and the more affluent neighborhood's signs say SPEED BUMPS?

Cinder & Smoke
03-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Why do some streets have a sign saying SPEED HUMPS ... ??

:eek:
:confused:

Must be a Kalli-phorn-ia thing!

:D

Laura's Babies
03-20-2008, 08:37 PM
They are all valid points... Now I will not sleep tonight trying to figure them out! (no outlets hummmm?)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Chicago has "Speed Hump" signs as well. :D :D :D

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 09:23 AM
If you are a designated driver for a car full of drunk people, can you stop at a "Passenger Unloading" zone to get everyone sober again? :eek: :confused:

If you are a fan of horse racing or an avid golfer, will that allow you to park in the handicapped zone?

DJFyrewolf36
03-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Some places around here dont have speed bumps or speed humps...we have undulations!

Cinder & Smoke
03-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Some places around here dont have speed bumps or speed humps ...
we have undulations!

And Ohio has ...

POT HOLES! :eek:

Thousands of 'em - ALL over - everywhere! :mad:

Even the dedicated lead foots slow down ...
it's hard to speed on blown-out tires and bent rims. :p

DJFyrewolf36
03-23-2008, 01:35 AM
LOL a lot of rural Nevada is that way. Not only do potholes reduce speeds but it saves a lot of money on road repars.

Our taxes...going into putting in potholes on purpose! :D

Pam
03-23-2008, 08:29 AM
My dad used to joke about the painted areas on the roads where we used to live. It said "Slow" and then several feet ahead it said "School." He would joke that is where kids go when they are not quick learners. :p

Cinder & Smoke
03-23-2008, 01:43 PM
MY Dad used to tease me for years about "the dumb guy" who painted the Railroad "Crossbuck" signs wrong >>>

http://www.sddot.com/fpa/railroad/images/lights.gif

Dad insisted the sign said "Rail Sing, Cross Road ...
Who ever heard a rail singing as it crossed the road?"

I looked for the longest time for just ONE the guy had painted "correctly"!