PDA

View Full Version : BraveHeart's wonderful adventure.

jenluckenbach
03-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Most of you know BraveHeart. I have been working to get him healthy and adoptable. Since we now know that this may never happen, plans have changed.

Up until now he has been occupying his own foster room. He had been here since Jan 28th. His first roomies were the kittens Kimba and Libra. When they were adopted he bunked with Scarlet. Scarlet is currently at the Petsmart adoption center, leaving BraveHeart alone in his room. This gave me the opportunity to observe what he eats, when I can't watch him. But I worry that he is lonely, sometimes.

I have been very afraid that other cats might hurt him, even accidentally, considering his fragile state. But I decided he needs to be more a part of THIS family (since he may never become well enough to find another family).

So, when I got home from work early today, I brought him downstairs with me. He had the time of his life!!! he was more active then I have ever seen him. He wanted to investigate everything. :)

His first look at the 2nd floor hall.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/BraveHeart/B-H--hall.jpg

"Hmmmm. Not a bad place".
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/BraveHeart/Mar202008.jpg

He walked up and down the stairs visiting all the rooms.

He checked out some of the good sleeping spots.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/BraveHeart/PostSitting.jpg

He checked out the best perches for watching the world go by.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/BraveHeart/B-H-3-20-08.jpg

He looked for Mama. "OH! There you are!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/BraveHeart/HelloThere.jpg

He talked with some of the natives.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/BraveHeart/Monte-BraveHeart.jpg

He even played with a TOY!!! (One of Gary's famouse Canadian catnip mice!) Sorry, no photo. :(

He really worked up an appetite.

I am not going to allow free roam ALL the time, as I still want to monitor his food intake and I don't want any mishaps when I am not home.....but he will have much more freedom now and I hope it perks up his spirits.

This is the begining of a new era. Welcome home, Braveheart.

Catty1
03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
LES!

Welcome home, sweet BraveHeart!

Oh Jen - maybe more company and working up an appetite will do him more good than anyone can imagine! PT Prayers that this can happen.

I love the pics...he looks so comfy!

Did his front legs get shaved? Or are they a bit on the bony side? Maybe it's because all the rest of him is so fluffy that they look thin. :-)

Please give him a good cuddle and scritchies for me.

Scooter's Mom
03-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I just love Braveheart. He's got a very special spot in my heart.
You're doing amazing things with him!

phesina
03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Ohhhh, I'm practically in tears. How LOVELY! Welcome home indeed, dear Braveheart!

Thank you, Jen.

Freedom
03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Oooh it DOES look like a wonderful adventure! Seems like the other cats were tolerant, maybe even accepting? Goodness.

I hadn't realized his living situation, thanks for recapping that as the introduction. Yes, having some company seems like it was good for him! :D

I laughed at "Looking for mama; Oh there you are!" Yup, right behind the flashy box, just look for that thing, he he.

Thanks Jen, there you are again, looking out for a cat's bests interests and what is the best thing to do for him. Braveheart, so many are routing for you!

catmandu
03-20-2008, 07:34 PM
The Found Cats And I Are Delighted That Brave Herat Likes Our Catnip Toys , And We Will See If We Can Find One With His Name On It.
Thats Great That Your Cats Are Making Him Welcome, Thier Love And Bonding May Help Bravehearts Morale, And Friendship And Love Are Strong Medicines.

jenluckenbach
03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Did his front legs get shaved? Or are they a bit on the bony side? Maybe it's because all the rest of him is so fluffy that they look thin. :-)

BraveHeart (unfortunately) is not much more than fur over a bony skeleton. :(

Soon after he arrived here, I groomed him. I shaved very close under his chin, where he got the messiest from syringe feeding, and also his wonderful FULL mane. A true shame, but a necessity to keep him clean and sanitary. I clipped all his body's fur to a managable length, which prevents him from LOOKING like the skeleton he is while still making upkeep managable. But the front legs needed to be shaved very closely to get rid of some matting, hence the reason they look so much shorter.

So he sports his own special 'do. ;)

jennielynn1970
03-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I LOVE those pics!!! I am so happy he is doing well and that he is being so adventurous! Yay!!!

columbine
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Welcome home, sweet BraveHeart! Friends do a body a world of good.

Love, Columbine

momtomany
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Braveheart, how wonderful to hear you went exploring and worked up a hunger!! Maybe this is the spark needed. You are a handsome doll :D

Laura's Babies
03-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Major LES!! This may be just what he needs! Seeing life is worth living and FRIENDS!!!!! Having him feel like he is a part of something (like a family again) could make all the differance in the world to him. This renews my hope that he was interested enough to explore and play. Gosh! I LOVE that boy! Braveheart has sure stolen my heart.

♥♥♥♥I LOVE YOU BRAVEHEART!!♥♥♥♥

catfamily
03-20-2008, 11:34 PM
I was truly hoping he'd stay with you.
I think he loves being around other kittys.
If i lived nearby i'd pick him right up. :)
I really love this guy.I really would love to have him on my pillow with me every night.
I usually have 1 sick(kidney or heart,thyroid) or old cat at home ,that needs me constantly,and right now all my cats are healthy and young.
So i miss having my 1 to be my special care kitty.
i hope he stays well.and i think he'll be much better now with all the other kittys around him.
your such an Angel Jen.

orangemm
03-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Looks like socializing is good for Mr. B.! And, anything to boost that appetite is surely a good thing. He does have skinny legs, though............ ;) . (that's ok, my husband has skinny legs, too)

ChrisH
03-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Playing and getting an appetite, that is so wonderful! :D

Thanks Jen, there you are again, looking out for a cat's bests interests and what is the best thing to do for him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/yes.gif So true, such a special lady.

Prayers continuing.

kb2yjx
03-21-2008, 07:49 AM
First time seeing this thread!!! This is the very best medicine for BraveHeart!!! Now, dear boy, continue to eat and hold the line with the kidneys!!!! I know this makes you feel good Jen!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Medusa
03-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Oh how heartwarming! It makes me feel like crying. I hope this boy can squeeze out as much happiness as possible. I'm sure he will, Jen, thanx to you. How totally sweet.

pitc9
03-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah for Braveheart!
What wonderful pictures! :D

Killearn Kitties
03-21-2008, 01:34 PM
What a sweetheart! He looks like he had a great time out and about. :)

rosethecopycat
03-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I think it's a good idea for him to be out and about with the felines a human family.

I have old Malfi here, he's got a crippled leg, and doesn't use it much. He is only 6 lbs and all the other cats, including fosters, are very mindful of him.

The only one who dares give him a swing is Mr. Jones, my Alpha.
And it only lasts one second. Malfi has a very commanding voice, being a Meezer.

I am happy that Braveheart can do some socializing. It's great, what you are doing for him.

krazyaboutkatz
03-22-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm glad that he's able to be out and socialize.:) I hope that he'll continue to improve. He remains in my thoughts and prayers.

cassiesmom
03-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Go, BraveHeart!

Hug hug hug hug hug!

Love,
your fan
Elyse

jenluckenbach
03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Today's sleeping spot of choice..............

momtomany
03-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh Braveheart you look so contented. Know that you are loved and have lots of people praying for you.

Catty1
03-22-2008, 07:34 PM
that is just so AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :D

Especially great to hear that he 'worked up an appetite'. :)

Praying for you, most beloved BraveHeart.

phesina
03-22-2008, 07:44 PM
What a sweet, adorable fellow! (BraveHeart, I mean. Well, the man ..your husband, Jen?.. probably is too.)

Why is he almost always squinting in his pictures? Does the flash make him blink?

We are more members of the BraveHeart Fan Club and continue to send loads of prayers and good wishes and healing energies in his directions.

Please give him some gentle hugs and scritchies and tummy-rubs from us if he likes them, Jen.

Pat and cats

jenluckenbach
03-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Why is he almost always squinting in his pictures? Does the flash make him blink?

I joke that he "has NO eyes!" :p He just has a perpetual squint. LOL Kinda cute?

Laura's Babies
03-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is exactly what he is needing! Love works wonders, he knows he is loved and it looks like he is returning it as well. Those are simply the SWEETIEST pictures of a happy boy, snuggled and sleeping with his human. OMG! If I could get my hands on that boy he would be kissed head to tail, ears to paws!!! XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Over and over, all day long! He has sure stolen my heart!

Medusa
03-22-2008, 08:26 PM
He couldn't look more content!

Donnaj4962
03-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Yah Braveheart! I am so happy for you. Today's pictures.... EVERYONE looks very happy and content! :D

catnapper
03-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Looking good! Of course Charlie is always a good resting spot for a kitty :)

phesina
03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I joke that he "has NO eyes!" :p He just has a perpetual squint. LOL Kinda cute?

Cute as can be! He is just darling. What a love bug.

momcat
03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Braveheart is absolutely adorable! Maybe he was feeling lonely all by himself which could have been part of the problem. It looks like he was having the time of his life exploring his home, hanging out with his fursibs and feeling like a member of your family. How wonderful to hear that he developed quite an appetite! Prayers continue to be prayed that sweet Braveheart continues to improve!

Jen, could I ask you to give him tons of lovies and scritchies from his fan in Trenton?

jenluckenbach
03-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I pray that I did not do him an injustice by keeping him seperated. It WAS meant to be for his own good. :o But he sure is more active now than in his special room.

His appetite is certainly not even close to gigantic, but he eats.

Problem is.....lately he has been vomitting. :( 1 throw up each of the last 4 days. Help from those with kidney cats would be very welcome as I never had a cat with renal failure.

Deep dpwn I don't believe he will be with me for very long, but we sure are going to make the most of it. Kisses and scritchies delivered all around. :)