PDA

View Full Version : Our new additions.

buttercup132
03-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm sure most people remember I've been looking for a Crested for a while, I finally found a 6 month old in BC. I showed my mom the pictures and she decided to take her brother who was also for sale.

They are from Tilea's and I must say I love this breeder. She offered to spay my girl and get some teeth pulled for free because she knows I'm paying for this all myself. My mom's dog will get fixed when he's here (unless I find out if I can show him). He was all ready for the ring and had been to a few shows (just on the table) and was looking for a show home but the breeder was so happy that we wanted him she lowered his price and let us have him. They are inseperable and do everything together. My puppy was for sale because she has a under bite, the breeder was going to keep her to show but she got the under bite and didn't like the show ring.

We have to get them flown in since they are from BC and my puppy has to recover from her spay so they will be coming on Monday.

I got a few pictures from the breeder so here they are.
My pups name is Pixie (it was Bubbles) and my mom's dog is Shrek.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Dogs/bubbles4.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Dogs/bubbles3.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Dogs/Bubbles1.jpg

I think these are newer pictures because her teeth are out more.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Hairless%20dogs/pixishrek6.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Hairless%20dogs/pixishrek5.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Hairless%20dogs/pixishrek3.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Hairless%20dogs/pixishrek.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Hairless%20dogs/pixishrek4.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Hairless%20dogs/pixishrek2.jpg

Ginger's Mom
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM
They are adorable. They look like they like to stick together and get into trouble, you may have your hands full. ;) :D It will be fun to hear about their new adventures when they arrive. Keep us updated. :)

Karen
03-19-2008, 04:24 PM
How nice that the breeder lowered the price for you, and is taking care of spaying your new baby and all. They are adorable, of course. Will they be allowed to travel in the cabin of the plane, I hope? Nekkid little critters need warmth! :)

When I was a kid, the breeder for our St. Bernard, Freckles, asked if we intended to show her, and when we said "No, she'll just be a loved dog," she lowered the price by several hundred dollars.

Taz_Zoee
03-19-2008, 04:29 PM
We will just start calling you the home of the naykee's. :D

That's great that you can get both of them. Congrats! :)

cyber-sibes
03-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh, they are adorable! They do however look like double trouble..... i think your household is about to get lively :D ! congratulations!

Suki Wingy
03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Congrats. I'm sure it will be an excellent feeling to have some puppy lovin around again.

-Pickle-
03-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Speaks wonders doesnt it.

buttercup132
03-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Will they be allowed to travel in the cabin of the plane, I hope? I would hope so too, I don't think the breeder would send them where they will get cold. She said she only trust west jet so maybe that's why.

I think she might have lowered the price for the same reason that's why we need to ask if he can be shown, if not we'll just get him fixed and maybe see if we can do fun shows or something.

We will just start calling you the home of the naykee's. What can I say I just love them :D I'd like to add a hairless rat too but I don't have time for one right now especially with puppies coming.

The breeder said for the show ring they need to be spunky and sort a trouble maker and so that's exactly what Shrek is, I'm scared lol.

Speaks wonders doesnt it.
If your here to start a fight again just leave cause noone wants to hear your sarcasm:rolleyes:

-Pickle-
03-19-2008, 06:15 PM
If your here to start a fight again just leave cause noone wants to hear your sarcasum:rolleyes:

If your going to act that way, at least spell SARCASM right.

And they look shaved collies in a strange way...

Freedom
03-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Oooh, look a the 2 wee ones! Hey, litter mates AND you can tell them apart! That will make things a bit easier. Those photos sure got me smilin', best wishes with the newbies.

Sevaede
03-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh my! :D What CUUUUTE wittle pups! :D I just love the little white puffs on the feets and the contrasting mostly black puff on the head! :D

buttercup132
03-20-2008, 07:35 AM

gemini9961
03-20-2008, 07:43 AM
They are so cool. I'm excited to see more pictures.

anna_66
03-20-2008, 08:20 AM
I WANT THEM:D

Oh gosh, I've wanted a crested for some time now and to be able to watch them grow up on PT is about as close as I'm going to get...lol! I'm so excited for you and your mom.

When will they be coming?

I expect to see MANY pictures of them!!!

moosmom
03-20-2008, 09:53 AM
BC,

So, what do the other nekkid kids think??? Chinese Crested's are unique, just like the Sphynes.

I'm a little disappointed though. I'm not try to start trouble, just voicing my opinion. Why didn't you look for a Chinese Crested Rescue??? They ARE out there, with the dogs you want, who are desperately looking for homes.

Just asking.

cloverfdx
03-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Congratulations, they are adorable :).

There is nothing wrong with going to a good reputable breeder for a pup ;).

buttercup132
03-20-2008, 11:54 AM
When will they be coming?
Monday evening, hopefully the plane won't be delayed.

I'm a little disappointed though. I'm not try to start trouble, just voicing my opinion. Why didn't you look for a Chinese Crested Rescue??? They ARE out there, with the dogs you want, who are desperately looking for homes.
I'm on a board with people who run 2 rescues but most dogs have health probelems which I'm not about to take on or they aren't good with cats or they can't be placed in a home with kids older then a certain age and I have a 8 yr old sister. Plus there are none in Ont and most (if any) rescues don't ship. I still support the rescue and will be donating to one of them but there aren't dogs in there for me.

RobiLee
03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Congrats on the new additions!

Flatcoatluver
03-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Congrat on the kids! They are adorable, I hope you can get into some sort of showing, it's tons of fun.

Taking on two puppies at once, you have a lot of guts! ;)

cali
03-20-2008, 07:57 PM
congrats! I love crested's and I must say, I am drooling over shrek, he's gorgous!!

buttercup132
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Taking on two puppies at once, you have a lot of guts! Ya'll are starting to scare me now with all your puppy talk. Come on now what could 2 itty bitty sweet puppies do? Who am I kidding my poor cats and house are going to be terrorized :p

I'm surprised so many people like them, most people think they are ugly and weird looking.

Karen
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Ya'll are starting to scare me now with all your puppy talk. Come on now what could 2 itty bitty sweet puppies do? Who am I kidding my poor cats and house are going to be terrorized :p

I'm surprised so many people like them, most people think they are ugly and weird looking.

Yes, but this is Pet Talk! :) When will they arrive?

Kfamr
03-21-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm one of those people that don't find the breed attractive, BUT I have to admit these two are kind of cute! They have a lot of fur compared to the ones I've seen. I LOVE the black fur on Shrek... it looks like he has a mullet. :D Is she keeping that name? If she does you should name yours Fiona. :p

Congrats on the pair and good luck!

lute
03-21-2008, 11:26 AM
What a cute little pair o pooches! I agree, you are a brave one taking on two pups at once! I don't think I could do it. I watched the Chinese Crested ring at the Louisville dog show last weekend. They are a very different breed, but enjoyable to watch. I was amazed to see the amount of grooming on a breed with such little fur.LOL

buttercup132
03-21-2008, 12:15 PM
They have a lot of fur compared to the ones I've seen. There are 3 versions of them, the ones you've seen are probly true hairless ones which I'm not a huge fan of either. Mine are hairy hairless so they look like little ponies:) I've already re named my girl Pixie and she has it in her registered name so I don't think I can change it now but that would have been cute.

shais_mom
03-21-2008, 12:23 PM
very cute!

Lori Jordan
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Congrats,There adorable!!!!And to the ignorant comment,Some people need to just leave the comments to therself,Expecially someone who has recently lost 2 long time companions within a short time.

Im sorry people cannot be happy for you,and have to add something ignorant.Next time dont even give them your 2 cents it aint worth it.

Cant wait to see pictures of them when they get home.

animal_rescue
03-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Awww they are adorable! Congrats :) I love cresteds.

buttercup132
03-21-2008, 12:51 PM
And to the ignorant comment,Some people need to just leave the comments to therself,Expecially someone who has recently lost 2 long time companions within a short time.
She just likes to cause problems in my threads. I've been ignoring her since her last comment.

I can't wait to share pictures with you guys, I'm sure I'll even bring my camera to the air port :rolleyes: :p

Alysser
03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
AWWW, they are adorable Alicia. I've always thought these dog breeds were cute. I hope they help your heart heal a little bit. They will never be Thunder and Rockee but I think they will help fill the void a little. I am so happy for you!! I know you will be an awesome owner. We expect alot of pictures when you get them home.

By the way, does their skin require a lot of extra care? Like sun screen or something in the summer? :o Sorry for the stupid question I am just curious.

buttercup132
03-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Yep they have to have their skin moisturised all the time unlike my hairless cats. Also unlike my cats they get black heads and pimples, and in the summer they tan like people do. They also need to be shaved on their face, down their back and their legs. When they have breakouts (like people) they need to have a coat of yogurt/honey mix on their skin for a few minutes. They require alot for a hairless breed.

chocolatepuppy
03-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Congrats Alicia! They're sure cuties, can't wait to see more pics of them. :)

Danegirl2208
03-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats! I think they are adroable! Looking forward to more pics :)