PDA

View Full Version : my birdie is pregnant!

primabella
08-21-2002, 01:22 PM
:):)my bird has been pregnant for awhile, so we bought her this nesting box so she could lay her eggs. now my bird is pretty much scared of EVERYTHING, and never went inside. instead, now she emptied out her food container and is crouching over it and seems to be pushing. lol, i'm just very excited that she might be laying her eggs!:):)

Aspen and Misty
08-21-2002, 03:22 PM
O how exiting! Tell us what happened!!!!

primabella
08-21-2002, 06:01 PM
thanks everyone!:) i'll post pictures of my two budgies (male and female) as soon as i can...but about the babies..nothing happened. she left the container and then went back to it a few times, and now she is just on her perch. i hope she tries again tomarrow. ;) i really wanted to be a grandma!:D
btw-she still has, like, a round stomach, so the eggs havn't come out yet. anyone here had any birds that layed eggs and have anything to say about it? thanks:)

i can't find that thread you mentioned for the pics of my birds...where is it?:cool:

primabella
08-21-2002, 06:47 PM
thanks:) woa, that's a lot of info.;) okay, now i feel kinda foolish, because she's only a year old and i don't know if she'de be pregnant that early. i'm a first time bird owner, but my mom has had tons of birds and when she saw her stomach, she said she was pregnant. i don't know. i'll post the pics when i can, i wanna make sure it's a nice picture.
i guess i'll wait to see if she actually is pregnant and then get her the calcium things. we do give them vitamins, but that's all.:o
i'll see what happens...and thanks for the link:D

primabella
08-22-2002, 07:41 AM
i will, and thanks for al your help. ever since we got her she hasn't been very big on eating, or maybe i just think that because my other bird eats anything you give him. i hope she's alright....maybe i should bring her to the vet...thanks:D

primabella
08-23-2002, 08:07 AM
any suggestions of veggies that are small enough for my budgies? or...do i just cut up the broccoli and carrots?:cool:

primabella
08-23-2002, 07:15 PM
thanks for your help. i also realized that the bird seed we feed them has carrots in it and other veggies, but i wanna try with the broccolli.:D

lovemymaltese
08-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Congratulations, all that I can say is pictures, pictures, pictures. Let us know how everything goes.