PDA

View Full Version : Don't Let This Person Adopt Your Pet

momcat
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM
********** Note: Proven Untrue ************

Hi PT friends, This came in our office e-mail.PLEASE spread the word!

Be on the look out for this person or anyone who adopts your pet.
Here is another reason why "free to good home" is not a good idea. Always ask for vet references and if possible have someone in the adoptor's area make a home visit.

DON'T LET THIS WOMAN ADOPT YOUR PET!!!!!!!!

Her e-mail is [email protected] and her name is Nancy Frias. She answers free to good home ads and sells the animals to labs for experimentation. She admits to getting up to $300 for a beagle. All I have is her e-mail address. We are in the process of trying to locate this evil woman. She is in New Jersey.

Oftentimes, people like this person will show up with children and make you think that your pet is going to a good home. Home visits and an ID check is very important. Shelters and rescues should also be on the lookout for this woman.

PLEASE CROSS POST in nearby areas and all blogs. Feel free to e-mail her and tell her what you think!

A co-worker found this on craigslist and sent it to all animal lovers in the office. Please tell EVERYONE you know including rescues, shelters and vets about this creep. She MUST be stopped NOW!!!!!!

For the animals!!! :( :( :mad: :mad:

Laura's Babies
03-19-2008, 08:29 AM
I tell you, it would scare me tp death to have to rehome any of mine with all the horriable people that are out there. You never really know where they will be taken or how they will be treated. Even in letting them go to what you know is a good home, things happen and they could still end up in harms way. It is such a scarey world out there for them.

I hope this email spreads around the world and stops that person! :mad: She KNOWS she is doing wrong or wouldn't misrepresent herself like she does.

moosmom
03-19-2008, 08:56 AM
ANYONE who puts an ad in the paper saying "Free to good home" is asking for trouble.

Thanks for posting this important alert!

catmandu
03-19-2008, 09:43 AM
But Then Again Anyone Who Does That Is A Moron.
Theres A Creep Who Like Clockwork Has Kittens To Give Away In Front Of The Shopping Centre.
I Always Call Animal Welfare Or Animal Control , And He Shrugs And Walks Off.
I Wish I Could Cut Him In Half With A Shotgun.

kb2yjx
03-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Thank you!! I have sent this info to several friends involved in rescue!!!Yes, she must be stopped!!!!

smokey the elder
03-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I just wonder about the "labs" she's allegedly selling these animals to. Something about this whole story is fishy.

nancys
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
What a terrible thing to do - let's all hope this woman is stopped soon. Don't you wonder sometimes how people can think up some of the things they do.

critters
03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I Wish I Could Cut Him In Half With A Shotgun. Frankly, I wish you could too! :mad:

Catty1
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Nancy Frias - has anyone been contacted by her to adopt your dog?
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-03-17, 12:33PM EDT

Would like to know if anyone has been contacted by this Nancy Frias.
I emailed her and she denies the accusations and would be nice if we had evidence? Anyone?

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 609064356

Well? Anyone have any evidence? Think of how easy it can be to slander someone you don't happen to like on Craigslist.

Catlady711
03-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Well? Anyone have any evidence? Think of how easy it can be to slander someone you don't happen to like on Craigslist.

I saw that same post and was wondering the same thing. Is it just someone's bad experience with this person, or could it be a personal grudge that someone is being very spiteful towards this person about? We may never know.

momcat
03-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi again PT friends,
In posting this notice, it was never my intent to give anyone false and/or misleading information. At the same time it was never my intent to falsely accuse anyone of anything. I received this from a very reliable source and had no reason to question its validity. Like all of you, I love ALL animals. I believe they are a special gift from God and have been put in our care. And like you, I have zero tolerance for the intentional abuse, neglect or mistreatment of animals whether they be pets, in the wild, or endangered species.

Unfortunately, we all know that things like this do happen. My only reason for posting this was first as a warning to those involved with our rescues and shelters of a possible risk. My concern was only for the safety and protection of the animals.

This now begs the question; what do we do about warnings such as this? Do we take them seriously and share them to protect animals who may be at risk?

If I was wrong on this one, I sincerely apologize to all of you.

Catty1
03-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi, momcat:

I did a Google search on the lady's name, and came across the one post I copied. I saw a post on another pet forum saying the same thing about 'not adopting to this person'.

I'll try to get back to the one post and see if anyone has any answers to it.

I am not questioning you, and I doubt anyone is. However, the person who originally posted this should have had info to back up her accusations. Otherwise, it is very general and looks like a smear job. They don't say which labs or give any details.

Will ETA if I find anything.

ETA: ;) All I have found is a couple of more posts along the same lines of 'do not adopt to this person'. One poster said he had her phone # and mailing address...the original post said that 'they are tracking down this evil woman'. I say let them...because absolutely no other information has come forward to substantiate this post.

ETA #2: :) I believe I located the city where Ms Frias lives, and I emailed the Humane Society there to ask if they had any knowledge of this.

Also, the post copied in post #1 appeared on a Yahoo board, and from the looks of it had been forwarded a couple of times. I emailed the gal who posted it to find out if she new anything.

So we shall see.

Catlady711
03-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi, momcat:

I did a Google search on the lady's name, and came across the one post I copied. I saw a post on another pet forum saying the same thing about 'not adopting to this person'.

I'll try to get back to the one post and see if anyone has any answers to it.

I am not questioning you, and I doubt anyone is. However, the person who originally posted this should have had info to back up her accusations. Otherwise, it is very general and looks like a smear job. They don't say which labs or give any details.

Will ETA if I find anything.

ETA: ;) All I have found is a couple of more posts along the same lines of 'do not adopt to this person'. One poster said he had her phone # and mailing address...the original post said that 'they are tracking down this evil woman'. I say let them...because absolutely no other information has come forward to substantiate this post.

I ran into the same thing when looking up something on this person myself.

Jake's Mum
03-23-2008, 07:38 PM
I will definitely pass this along!!!! What a horrid woman!!! She must have absolutely no conscience! You better believe I will email this woman! I think that all the SPCA"s etc. should be informed as well! Maybe they can be on the lookout and help get some legal action going. How come if people know who she is and her where abouts and she has as much admitted to this action hasn't been taken already? Let's get this woman behind bars!!!! She is corrupting the children as well!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Catty1
03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Jake's Mum - if you will read all the posts here, there is NO PROOF that this woman has done anything.

Think how easy it would be for someone to lie about her all over the internet just because she didn't like her?

I have emailed the Humane Society in her city.

I suggest you NOT do anything with this information until we find out the facts. The original message has NO facts - no way to prove this.

Don't spread spam - that's all it is at this point.

Catty1
03-24-2008, 10:01 AM
First I received a reply from one person who, in turn, contacted the person she had got this from:

I don't know if this person is the originator, but it's a start. Thanks!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: "Valeria Trivigno" <Valerie.Tri>, "Donna Interrante" <Purr>, <coley>, <[email protected]>, <Chris>, "Carol" <clm3>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:10:44 -0400
Subject: Fw: [NJShelterPets] DO NOT ADOPT - Nancy Frias
Do not adopt to this woman. Please cross post!

Lucia

Forwarded message from Joseph, Rosa [mailto:rjoseph]

URGENT- Don't let this woman adopt!

Her email is [email protected] and her name is Nancy Frias. She answers free to good home ads and sells the animals to labs for experimentation. She admits to getting up to $300 for a beagle. All I have is her name & email address. We are in the process of trying to locating this evil woman.
PLEASE CROSS POST in nearby areas and feel free to email her what you think!

I have emailed Joseph to see where his copy originated.

No word yet from the SPCA.

Catlady711
03-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Did anyone happen to look up the last part of the email for this Nancy lady http://ichorusa.com/? I only come up with one reference to a one page, almost no info, corporate website. Only other references I found to this corporation indicate and expired website name. I can't find any info on what this corp. does/did do either.

This does not appear to be a personal home email address. Anyone thinking maybe a begrudging customer? :confused:

Sfaynor
05-19-2008, 01:07 PM
This entire thread is false, its very upsetting how people take things they hear or see, and then spread it likes its Fact. I currently work for this company Ichor. We have nothing to do with the posts ive seen all over the internet about animal experimentation. We are a services company that sends out people to work for Light-Industrial places. I am really upset at how people can be led to believe anything. This puts a name on us that we have nothing to do with.

I ask the original thread poster to please email the information found to me at [email protected]. I would like to see these "so called" facts that you have, and if you cannot provide them, then make sure the next time you post something, make sure its true. Karma always comes back to you. I understand and agree animal expermentation is wrong, but please dont post things on the internet that are just not true. I have read everything posted on this thread and saw that it was spammed to many other people. How can i prove something wrong that doesnt even exist? If there is any information i can provide to help out, please email me, But i do ask, that you stop posting spam, because that is all this is. I can provide more information if you email me directly, but i am just tired of reading this "crap" thats being spread about a good company.....

Sfaynor
05-19-2008, 01:14 PM
If you all "can" find the starter of this thread i would greatly apprieciate it. I see you were checking into it, and it would be helpful. Btw, this is another post on craigslist that has come up. http://delaware.craigslist.org/pet/645173440.html

so "NOW" we are a medical research company??? and now my name has been implicated. I will be contacting whoever i must to stop this spamming of my name and company and get try to get down to who started this in the first place.

Medusa
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm always leery of news like this. I'm not finding fault w/anyone because I know that intentions are good but, unless I've had personal experience w/someone in a situation such as this, I won't spread gossip. We all know the dangers of "free to a good home" so to advertise that is just asking for trouble. Add a po'd person to the mix who might have a grudge against someone and next thing you know, we've got slander.

Jessika
05-19-2008, 05:14 PM
This is EXACTLY why you should NEVER advertise as "Free to good home!"

:(

Sfaynor
05-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I have no clue what free to good home even is? If this nancy frias who used to work here did, i doubt she knew this, and even if she did, why slander the company. I mean now "MY" name is in the mix of all this, and i have no clue why that is. Now, a person in my shoes whos never done anything wrong, or would think about doing such a thing, now im being spread everywhere as if i had something to do with this. So i dont know what this free home thing even is, but since someone else does this, the company and Me get slandered??? that doesnt seem right or fair in any sense of the word.

ps. go ahead to google and search my name, i mentioned it above. Its not right for my name to be out there like that. I own a dog, and i love him to death, i would never do this selling my dog thing. and also, how is someone to know the danger of free to good home anyway? I mean, it seems you people seem to know the danger. But to an average joe, whos only intention is to clear his name, why would i know this? Because of slander like this, now i have a new "rep" on the web. Someone who now searches "MY" name now sees this. Please if there is no evidence in this deal, please speak back out and get my name back off those lists. There is no reason this should even be on a thread in here if there is no evidence to back it up.

Medusa
05-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I have no clue what free to good home even is? If this nancy frias who used to work here did, i doubt she knew this, and even if she did, why slander the company. I mean now "MY" name is in the mix of all this, and i have no clue why that is. Now, a person in my shoes whos never done anything wrong, or would think about doing such a thing, now im being spread everywhere as if i had something to do with this. So i dont know what this free home thing even is, but since someone else does this, the company and Me get slandered??? that doesnt seem right or fair in any sense of the word.
Most of the people who posted on this thread agree w/you, as do I. "Free to a good home" is what some people advertise whenever they have pets that they're trying to rehome. We here at PT are against it and whenever someone reads about or hears of a story such as this, they spread the word. However, I'm w/you; a little fact checking goes a long way and Catty1 worked quickly to put out the fire, so to speak.

Sfaynor
05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Thank you very much Medusa for responding. I am unsure how this even got out in the first place. Maybe this person did do that, i cant be sure of it either way. I do know that i would "love" to find out the real facts and see how this really got started. So i thank you and everyone else searching into this very much. I just hate the fact that i see my name out there now, its not a great rep to have, along with my companys name. anyway, i hope this all can be wiped off the internet in the coming months, instead of gaining strength which i notice it has over the past couple months.

sasvermont
05-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't know why people believe some of the emails they receive.

Karen, don't you think this whole thing should be deleted?

Ugh.

Be sure you know who you getting your email "alerts" from and also know that it could be a hoax.

Ugh again.

:(

Catty1
05-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Sfaynor - I was trying to get the originator of this rumour...and had no luck.

IF Nancy Frias used to work for the company, she might know who is behind it. Perhaps when she left, someone there was on bad terms with her and decided to do a 'revenge post'?

Even people who would be that mean don't realize it takes on a life of its own.

I wonder if your company could at least put a disclaimer on its website.

I am so sorry you have been dragged into this!:(

Catlady711
05-19-2008, 09:52 PM
This is just one more VERY good reason NOT to forward junk email, and why not to believe everything in your inbox.....

False Attribution!!!

http://www.breakthechain.org/fas.html

Pawsitive Thinking
05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Makes you think though......I bet it happens somewhere

nancys
05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I had called a shelter to see abt. taking the 4 kittens (this place is a no kill lshelter). I told the girl that I talked to that I had already gave away some of the kittens. She told me that I should be very careful in advertising the kittens and possibly even sell them for 10.00 apiece to discourage or weed out some potential owners. She also told me that there are people who answer the kittens to give away ads and then take teh kittens (or cats) to use in dog fights. What is wrong with people?

moosmom
05-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I just put her name on my wipe off board with a circle and line through it. I've got a mama up for adoption and I do a thorough background check including check with the vet. Besides, her adoption fee is $100 (includes spay and shots).

Catlady711
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I just put her name on my wipe off board with a circle and line through it.

Did you read the rest of the other posts? There's no information that verifies any of that 'warning' was true. For all we know is it's someone with a personal grudge against this person and they're spreading lies about her.

Vet and reference checks are always a good idea for any adoption.

catfamily
05-22-2008, 12:13 AM
I am sure everyone agrees that it isn't proven.
but it is good to tell people anyway..not to give pets away.
mainly because things can happen.Or...if you do give a pet away...check out the home and visit after.(i would anyway).
not just call.
but that's me...i know what kind of homes are in this world.
not just lab's but BAD homes.
it's good to tell everyone to check up on any pet they adopt out...REALLY check them.(go to the home at least once).
Don't believe a conversation on the phone.
people can be great actors.
This is only a reminder to be VERY careful...that's all.It's a life...not a thing.
and a very special life it is.
People can check the homes..and they should...JUST IN CASE.