PDA

View Full Version : Politics and religion.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RICHARD
03-19-2008, 02:16 AM
Now,

I don't go to church, I believe in a god, Karma isn't a brand of Volkswagon and Hell can be here on Earth...but....

Everyone is hemming and hawing about what the dip shirt that is Obama's spiritual advisor said. I could really care less about what he said.

But am I the only one who has a problem about WHERE he said it?

According to B.O., the older you get, you have more of a pass for being a jerk. This AH is supposed to be come kind of cleric and he's spewing crap like that in a CHURCH? The thing I found most offensive was the little thing he did while talking about Bill Clinton and Lewinsky. (I am not a BC fan.)

The rev showed that he deserves no respect for "acting the fool" in a house of worship.

Not only that, I was expecting the Gray Panthers to put up a stink about how they are being portrayed - as dottering old racist fools.

-----------

I left the church because of an Easter Sunday incident - the priest began to rail about the standing room only inside the building. Apparently he wasn't too happy about the Holiday Patrons in attendance. If he didn't make the effort to try and get people to come back next Sunday, I figured I could do something else with my time.

Like catch the early morning Sunday sports with my sinner friends.

Beer and Football. Amen.

Pam
03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't believe I am the first one to post on this. My own personal opinion on this is that if I had ever attended a church where someone shouted these things from the pulpit I would never return. In fact, it wouldn't even need to be racial/political things that would drive me away. I have left churches before and would not hesitate to do so again if there was a good reason.

That all said, I do think Obama's speech was excellent. I have never lived as a black woman and really do not know what life would be like as one except from what I am told. I think the fact that this has opened up a dialog is excellent. Sooner or later it would have come up, should he become President, so it is best to do it now. Not every white person is KKK USA, per the pastor :rolleyes: nor is every black person someone to be feared (and thus cross to the other side of the street to avoid). Unfortunately many people still have these views so it is good to get them out in the open and air them out a little and, hopefully, see how far we have come.

One thing that was said was that the most segregated hour of the week begins at 11:00 AM on Sunday mornings. Today if that is the case it is because people want to be segregated rather than because they have to. The churches that I have attended have all had black people in attendance, but the racial make-up has mostly been white. Though I have never worshipped in a black church, my daughter and my daughter-in-law have. They were warmly welcomed and there was none of the kind of hatred being spewed from the pulpit that this pastor seemed to frequently dish out. The worship service was quite different from what they were used to, but it is merely a cultural difference, with the singing and *praising* being quite different than what you would find in most white churches.

My concern with this pastor is the fact that he used the pulpit for something other than what he was ordained to do, and that is to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This was not teaching IMO. It was brainwashing and inciting people and that should NEVER be done in a house of worship of any kind by anyone.

I can sympathize with Sen. Obama for not wanting to cut himself off from a close friend of 20 years who has become such cause of embarrassment to him now. He is to be commended for his loyalty. What I just don't understand, though, is how that friendship ever got started if this pastor has always held these views. If he has and Obama knows it, staying in that church remains very puzzling to me and does cast a bit of a cloud over him.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
The matter of race has always whizzed right over my head. I've never seen the sense of not liking someone just based on their color.

I think the reason lots of ministers use the pulpit to spout their own racial hatreds is because they have a captive audiance. People don't want to offend God by walking out. I would have been out the door in a heartbeat, however, if I was ever in a church with all that stuff being said. God would have been the first one out the door, I'm sure. ;)

RICHARD
03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
BO isn't going to let go for a few reasons.

First, The BS he'll get again for not being black enough or being too white.

2. MONEY MONEY MONEY. It's the thing that greases the skids. People will punish him by withholding contributions.

3. Flip flopping. If anything the new breed of politicos have learned not to veer from any ideals, lest they be called flip floppers. It don't look good when the media plays your old speeches.

------------------

This is an extreme example but let's try anyway?

I had a long time friend who owns a beagle.

When I visit anyone's home where there is a pet I expect to get sniffed in the crotch, hair on my clothes, slobbered on and nipped at.

(my best gal pal did have a weineramer -sp?- that would grab my wrist and try to pull me outside...it hurt but who am I to protest?)

Anyway,
When the beagle would get next to me I would scratch his ears-the dog would respond by jumping up on me, following me around and climbing into my lap. The dog was literally crying and whimpering because I was paying attention to him.

The "friend" started to yell at the dog, grabbed him by the collar and pulled him off of me.

I told him it was O.K.

He answered that the dog wasn't allowed to jump on people, climb on the couch, sniff people -the list went on and on. He then went and put the dog outside, where the poor thing sat at the window and stared.

Later, when his wife and kids were out of earshot he confided in me that he couldn't stand the dog and only put up with him because of the wife and kids.

-----------

After 25 years of knowing this guy in school and life, it hit me that I really didn't know him at all. He wanted to control every aspect of his world....down to an animal who was thrilled to see someone who didn't mind a little attention.

With that in mind I didn't have any problems putting distance between us.

And I really don't any problems with my decision. :(

Pam
03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I just thought of something else. :rolleyes: Hubby said he heard a bit of Rev. Wright's sermon (granted, not a lot) and hubby took one of his statements to mean that he (The Rev.) was taking a side for the Palestinians and against Israel. Of course the U.S. position is pro-Israel. I am hoping that Senator Obama was able to recycle this sermon to his own personal mental *trash bin,* and then press Delete, along with a lot of the other garbage that he has been hearing for 20 years.

caseysmom
03-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I think it would be refreshing for our president to look at both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian issue, I think our hard stance in that area has not helped anything or anybody.

RICHARD
03-19-2008, 06:34 PM
I think it would be refreshing for our president to look at both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian issue, I think our hard stance in that area has not helped anything or anybody.

That's a tough one, there have been many attempts by the U.S. to bring both sides together.

You have to look at the history of Israel and the area to understand the conflict. It's a complex situation and both sides haven't been pristine when it comes to the politics that keep them at odds.

The Palestine Liberation Organization has kept their thumb on their own people. Yassar Arafat stole millions, possibly billions of dollars from the people he represented.

Keeping the people in the area poor and uneducated, hungry and dependent on the government is one way to plant the seeds of discontent. Blaming the neighbors for the problems at home keeps the heat off of you.

------------

The U.S. has been blamed for everything in the Middle East for years.
The whole thought is that our government has provided money, arms and support for the Israeli government. The PLO has just enough money to buy arms and put together rockets to fight.The rest of the money goes to buying the faith of the citizens.

The PLO is a great BS machine. The PLO will launch rockets into Israel, when Israel strikes back the PLO rebuilds the houses that were destroyed and offers monetary and food support to the people affected.

The people are bought with this kind of Terrorist FEMA.

You cannot say bad things when a bunch of thugs help you recover from an attack that they start...

Did I mention the fact that your house was bombed because the PLO has a clubhouse in your area from where the attacks were launched?

---------------

Here's one thought that bounced around in my empty skull for a while.

Why are there so many clips of the rev being naughty?

If he had a momentary lapse of reason, I'd give him the Dottering Old Fool Pass-of-the-Week, But that and the comments on the Natalie Holloway cases really make me question his morality. :eek:

RICHARD
03-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Another thought about the rev and his rants.

Everyone focuses on the "race" part...What about the hate speech against the government?

Not about some of the fools we have in office, but just the general tone and hate against the system?

Most of the other 'revs' (ain't gonna capitalize the word because they really don't deserve it.) are commenting about statements being taken 'out of context' and misconstrued. Hmmm, I wonder what else we and the media have missed?

Al Sharptongue was vehement in his support of BO, Jesse Jackson was cornered at a function and stuttered his way into deflecting the question posed by the reporter about his thoughts on the matter.

------------

I guess everyone knows about BO's unwillingness to wear a flag pin on his lapel or putting his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

You want to lead the country that your spiritual advisor dislikes so much?

A talk show host made the observation, as I did, about the flags behind BO during his speech-he won't stand behind a pin on his lapel, but he'll stand in front of eight of them in his time of political need?

I have more questions than he has answers. :confused:

----------

And here's a little foible that I really am focused on.

The 'Three Umm Rule'.

A talkshow host here in Lost Angeles would kick callers off the air if they called up and "Ummed" more than three times during the call.

Bo has an annoying UM and hesitancy when he speaks. He pauses and searches for an answer or a word.....

Kind reminds me of other politicos that aren't well versed in off the cuff speaking.

Check it out.

lizbud
03-21-2008, 04:57 PM
It has been getting to be an every other thing with Obama.He seems
to give speechs to interpret & explain ,what he said in his last speech. :confused:

Now he's explaining his Grandmother was acting like any other" typical
white person" in holding a bias against blacks.

What the heck is a "typical white person"? Is it like a "typical black person"?

I'm surprised all caucasians havn't rioted in the streets at hearing that. :p

Edwina's Secretary
03-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh goodie! Now we are judging presidential candidates by the jewelry they wear!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh goodie! Now we are judging presidential candidates by the jewelry they wear!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ummmm......He also may be an....Ummmmm anti- Ummmmmm......CLICK

;)

--------------

Is a flag pin jewelry? Or a statement? Or a way to support that evil US of A?

He could have a Prince Albert for all I care.....It's the thought his wife dresses him and dictates his wardrobe and accessories. :rolleyes:

P.S.
He made such a great speech about race and not a mention of NASCAR.... :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
03-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Is a flag pin jewelry? Or a statement? Or a way to support that evil US of A?

He could have a Prince Albert for all I care.....It's the thought his wife dresses him and dictates his wardrobe and accessories. :rolleyes:

Today I wore a cat pin....ooooo what is the statement! Jeez :rolleyes: And if I don't wear it tomorrow maybe Lou Dobbs can do a commentary on it! :rolleyes:

So you judge a candidate on his/her clothes...I get it! How....high school! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 12:02 AM
So you judge a candidate on his/her clothes...I get it! How....high school! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I try to get a little deeper than that. I think you took my statement out of context. It's the reason that he won't wear a pin that bugs me-You know, He could be a TYPICAL AMERICAN MALE and get behind the whole ideal.
But no, he's gotta be different.

Mitt Romney got the same BS because he was a Mormon, Mormon=Polygamist, right? The reason that is wasn't a really big deal is the fact that MR didn't attend a church where the pastor/cleric/elder was running his mouth off and making light of the white man in the oval office with Monica Lewinsky or passing around the idea that god should damn the U.S.

I kinda wish my grandmothers were alive. I see alot of angst that I could attribute to them. See, I am half white and would love to go out and pillage and burn some stuff. Because BO mentioned the brown man in his speech, my hands are tied.

---------------

The line of the week went something like this-
We went from Rosa Parks trying to get a seat on the bus to Barack Obama throwing his grandmother under the bus.

-------------

Can I speak to my spiritual advisor before making any more statements on this thread?

moosmom
03-22-2008, 07:17 AM
What the heck is a "typical white person"? Is it like a "typical black person

Yeah, we all look alike. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, we all look alike. :rolleyes:

Could it be the jewelry? :confused:

And still no one is offended that this cretin runs a church? ;)

What is it with all the Typical Black Televangelists? Why aren't they on the bandwagon?

I happen to like Dollar and Price. I'll stop on their programs every once in a while to listen to them - they are passionate and animated - without the hysterical bad mouthing of the world they live in and enjoy the benefits of.

Edwina's Secretary
03-22-2008, 10:26 AM
You need to turn the tv back on! He is no longer pastor of the church.

Anyway...let's talk pastors...John Hagee...part of John McCain's entourage...says the Catholic faith is the spawn of the devil, the anti-Christ...other charming things...even has a timeline with graphics to prove it!

Then we have Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell. 9/11 was payback because of feminist, abortion, gays and lesbians and anyone who thinks in a manner different from them. McCain said they were wrong. Then flipflop and spoke at the commencement ...was it Liberty? This campaign he says they are good guys.

I don't vote for people's pastors...I don't vote for their jewelry or their spouse or even how they dress.

Because someone does or doesn't wear a pin made in Taiwan just doesn't matter to me....(Freedom fries anyone???)

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 01:16 PM
You need to turn the tv back on! He is no longer pastor of the church.

Then we have Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell. 9/11 was payback because of feminist, abortion, gays and lesbians and anyone who thinks in a manner different from them.
I

(Freedom fries anyone???)

HA HA, I LISTEN TO THE RADIO NOW, No pictures, but I still can here people talk.......THAT'S FRICKIN AMAZING!

BO is no longer a follower, but still his 'friend'.

Robertson and Falwell forgot the part about the chickens coming home to roost and the US being a biggest terrorists in the world.

By the way, Who are the kooks who protest at the military funerals gonna back?

Freedom fries? We are back on a French Fries Footing. You can order regular or curly fries at Jack In The Box......that's our only concession.

And god bless ya......for your boycott of Tawainese products.

I do have a pin from the 1988 US Volleyball Team that I am not giving up. I am a TYPICAL VOLLEYBALL FAN, you can pry the pin from my cold dead hands.

P.S.
It is kinda hard to defend the Catholic church because they have covered up the thing with the kids.....I hafta agree with that one.

Pam
03-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Anyway...let's talk pastors...John Hagee...part of John McCain's entourage...says the Catholic faith is the spawn of the devil, the anti-Christ...other charming things...even has a timeline with graphics to prove it!

Then we have Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell.

Big difference, though. None of those men were ever McCain's personal pastors. Don't get me wrong....I am really not pro or con anyone this time around. I think the group we have to choose from is the worst ever. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
03-22-2008, 02:51 PM
P.S.
It is kinda hard to defend the Catholic church because they have covered up the thing with the kids.....I hafta agree with that one.

Again, I cannot understand what you are saying but do understand that Hagee's accusations against the Catholic Church have nothing to do with the problem with priests and kids. Doesn't Rush or Lou talk about Hagee? Or how 9/11 was payback for women expecting equal pay for equal work? Chickens home to roost is EXACTLY what they said...well gay and lesbian chickens anyway....

And of course...
He could be a TYPICAL AMERICAN MALE and get behind the whole ideal. But no, he's gotta be different. There's a sin...being different. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Different from those "typical American males" who do not take off their baseball cap when the national anthem is played?

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 02:57 PM
You know, It's time to dig into that bag of "dichos"-Those simple little Mexican sayings that simply explain an event.

I know I'll get the spelling wrong in espanol, so I'll translate it.

Tell me who you walk/hang around with and I'll tell you who you are.

------------------

Besides the painful mode of presenting his speeches the latest BO foible is the quoting of the founding father's works..

"In order to form a more perfect union....."

He might hve found god, but he's found out some American history too.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Mitt Romney got the same BS because he was a Mormon, Mormon=Polygamist, right? The reason that is wasn't a really big deal is the fact that MR didn't attend a church where the pastor/cleric/elder was running his mouth off and making light of the white man in the oval office with Monica Lewinsky or passing around the idea that god should damn the U.S.

---------------

You know I've heard several white preachers on TV say sort of the same thing. Only instead of saying g d..n the US, they put it like : God will punish the US for things like abortion etc. They weren't directing hate at any one group, they were including them all. :(

Now some of the news people brought up that someone said the country is ran by rich white people. There was a big discussion on CNN about this. Fact is, the country IS ran by rich white people. Not that it's right, but few of other races have lots of money and those that do, have better things to do with it. If rich people didn't run the country, they wouldn't need so much money to run for president. Abe Linclon would never get elected today. :(

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 05:48 PM
You know I've heard several white preachers on TV say sort of the same thing. Only instead of saying g d..n the US, they put it like : God will punish the US for things like abortion etc. They weren't directing hate at any one group, they were including them all. :(

Abe Linclon would never get elected today. :(

That's why I don't have any problem with eternal damnation. It's a more presentable way to show your disgust with the way things are running.

AL made it onto the five dollar bill, I think he's happy with that accomplishment these days. ;)
--------------------

ES,

Read my lips....oh you can't, this is all text....

I was just tossing in another aspect of that EVIL CATHOLIC CHURCH.

------------

I grew up with all the AHs who were trying to make statements, political and social by disrespecting the state I live in.

Let me define AHs.

MECHA and all the Aztlan idiots who were advocating the overthrow of the government so Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah could be given back to Mexico. Check out a rally when the farm workers or immigration rights groups march.
You'll see the goofballs with the signs promoting their brand of anarchy.

These morons run around with the Che Guevara T-shirts on-they equate this jackass as some kind of savior. I stopped a teenager once and asked him who was on his t-shirt. "Uh....He's a...I dunno!"

They also have a loose association with the Roman Catholic Church. Another reason that I have problems with them.

Did I mention that they harbor my relatives that are in the US illegally? :eek:

--------

I take my hat off, pledge my allegiance and sing along with the National Anthem. Being a real racist, I tune in to the beginning of the Nascar events to hear the national anthem and watch those war machine fly over the track.

God Bless America, the pilots and everyone else.

-------------------

The 'SIN' that refer to really isn't a sin. It's a shame.

When you live in the U.S. you should get on your knees and kiss the dirt every once in a while.

You won't hit a landmine, taste the blood of protestors marching against the government, taste animal crap because your city don't pick up the trash or smell the urine that runs thru the gutters.

It's pretty ballsy to not to put your effing pride aside and at least make everyone you want to vote for you believe you are a stand up kinda guy.

But then again, show me a stand up guy and I'll show you someone who isn't a politician.

You are suppose to BS first, and then get caught in a lie if you want to be president.

TYPICAL POLITICAL BS.

Amen.

Cinder & Smoke
03-22-2008, 06:06 PM
That's why I don't have any problem with eternal damnation.
It's a more presentable way to show your disgust with the way things are running.

I take my hat off, pledge my allegiance and sing along with the National Anthem.

Being a real racist, I tune in to the beginning of the Nascar events to hear
the national anthem and watch those war machines fly over the track.

:confused:

I musta missed the Intro ... :(

Sometimes you're a bit hard to follow without a copy of the script ...
Never quite sure which side of the aisle you're seated on ~
or which pew you're *stomping on*!

BUTT ... It's always *interesting* to watch the game!

;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Read my words....

You still haven't told me why wearing a certain piece of jewelry makes you a "stand up guy."

I am not quite sure what Nascar has to do with politics but okay...

But I think "standup" has to do with how you live your life not your cap or your jewelry or any of that style stuff. You know...substance over style?

And if you read your history you will find this...
taste the blood of protestors marching against the government is the blood of the brave people who founded the United States of America. You know the Revolutionary War?

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 07:15 PM
And if you read your history you will find this... is the blood of the brave people who founded the United States of America. You know the Revolutionary War?

No, I don't know the Revolutionary War, can you hum a few bars for me?

Being a first gen Cah Lee fuh Nee Uhn, I really appreciate the government, no matter how crappy and corrupt it is. God knows where I could have ended up on the planet. And it's not blind loyalty or partisanship.

It's realizing that it's not a perfect union - but a whole lot better than say...Venezuela? Cuba? China? Mexico?

What about religion in the Middle East? No problems there.

One of the things that tickles me to no end is the test given to the people who want citizenship. It's a simple test that not too many Americans can pass.

The day my dad came home with his U.S. flag in hand and a smile on his mug was the day that I took my citizenship that much more seriously.

Most people can trace their roots some 200 years here in the States. Good for you. Could it be that your citizenship is so rooted that you can take your country for granted?

------------------------
C&S,

My racism is based on whatever car Mark Martin is driving and where he finished on the track. :D

I tend to stand with my feet on both sides of the aisle. That gives everyone a good shot should they feel the need to kick me. :eek:

I like to think I am a realist. That way when the fit hits the shan I'm not crying about losing or rubbing the loser's nose into it.

I wear my patriotism on my shoulder and lapel, hat and car. It's hanging in my garage and the walls of my home.

It's win and lose, good and bad. I am really proud to be an American and think that if you want to change the system, you should at least try to be part of it-not act like a slug who refuses to at least has a little decency towards it or respect for it and the people who might put him there.

-----

The saddest part about election slogans and mottos is the "Looking for Change" ideal.

There are two trains of thought on this.

The Typical American Voters who donate their change to someone who is using their money to get into office.

And the Typical American Homeless, who are looking to get donations of change outside of buildings and offices.

They are both looking to get high on other people's money.
They'll both lie to you when you ask them what they are going to do with your money.
And they'll both forget you as soon as you grease their palms. :D :cool: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
-----

The saddest part about election slogans and mottos is the "Looking for Change" ideal.

There are two trains of thought on this.

The Typical American Voters who donate their change to someone who is using their money to get into office.

And the Typical American Homeless, who are looking to get donations of change outside of buildings and offices.

They are both looking to get high on other people's money.
They'll both lie to you when you ask them what they are going to do with your money.
And they'll both forget you as soon as you grease their palms. :D :cool: :eek:
The change I'm looking for, but know we will probably never see, is a government who works for the people not special interests. For the family who have a tough time paying for soaring gas costs and feeding their family, not the fat cats who have more money than God. :(

Edwina's Secretary
03-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Most people can trace their roots some 200 years here in the States. Good for you. Could it be that your citizenship is so rooted that you can take your country for granted?

Don't take that citizen test yet!

This is simply...wrong. Most immigration in this country took place in the late 1800's and the 1900's. Being able to trace your roots back more than 200 years is rare enough to have its own clubs...DAR and SAR...and Native American Tribes!

Some people don't know who Che is...some don't know US history!

How about Kid Rock for president? I believe he meets your Sartorial Requirements? Kid Rock (http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/kidrockflag.htm)

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 08:18 PM
The change I'm looking for, but know we will probably never see, is a government who works for the people not special interests. For the family who have a tough time paying for soaring gas costs and feeding their family, not the fat cats who have more money than God. :(

That is why I like the idea of the limits on donations.

But, the way huge companies get around THAT is offering to make donations in the name of their employees.

---------------

Here's an interesting point about the gas problems we are having.

Gas (barrels of oil) prices dropped 10 bucks in the past week.
Why? People are being smart and cutting back on the use of gasoline.
My idea? Boycott one company and one company only.

They get a glut of oil and MUST cut their prices. ;) The other companies have to follow suit in order to be competitive.

---------------

The 'change' that is promised really isn't crystal clear.
It's like promising everyone a trip somewhere. You get everyone on the plane and you can't go anywhere because the pilot didn't think about where he was going....I'll be danged if I am going to show up for a trip with an unknown destination.

When was the last time a president followed thru on his promises after /he got into the Oval office? :(

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 08:20 PM
How about Kid Rock for president? I believe he meets your Sartorial Requirements? Kid Rock (http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/kidrockflag.htm)

Kid rock?

I don't even have an iPod, so what makes you think I have a kid Rock?

He's too Southern for me.

---------

P.S. my Dad came after the 1800's - Dad was part spainard and mexican. does he qualify as typical white dude? :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
P.S. my Dad came after the 1800's - Dad was part spainard and mexican. does he qualify as typical white dude? :confused:

As long as he wears politically correct jewelry.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
03-24-2008, 10:46 AM
As long as he wears politically correct jewelry.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What is it with you and jewelry?

Are you a TYPICAL woman who likes shiny things?

---------------------

I saw a great film clip from the Easter Sunday service from the Church of the Ex-Spiritual- Advisor-But-Still-My-Pal Wright....

Apparently the rev Moss, Wright's off-the-bench substitute, did a nice sermon about the "lynching" by the media of the church.

He also wanted donations and pushed the sale of his sermon on DVD-Oh, BTW the money goes to defend the church against the attacks in the media. :D

---------------

What government office do you think the rev Jerry Wright would have been tapped for under a BO regime?

Will that change for the new president? I mean I got kinda used to living under a regime-I hope it don't change. :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
There you go again RICHARD...babbling in RICHARDspeak!

Let's recap....RICHARD starts a thread about the political correctness of the jewelry of a presidential candidate.

When he doesn't like the responses he accuses ME of liking "shiny things."

Yes I do. Yellow gold, diamonds, sapphires, rubies. I'll pass on the emeralds.

However, there is no hidden message in my jewelry...no political statement -- no support of this or absence of support of that.

Sometimes jewelry is just....jewelry!

BTW...did you see Pastor Hagee's Easter sermon?

caseysmom
03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes ES you are just a silly women worried about jewlery :D Just kidding I saw how that one got turned around.

Edwina's Secretary
03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
...and I read in today's paper (letters to the editor)...that Obama has connections to the Kenyan Muslims (a powerful internationally known terrorist group????) and that his candidacy is an attempt by the Kenyan Muslims to take over the United States. :confused: :confused:

All hope is lost for an intelligent discussion of the issues...

RICHARD
03-24-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL,

This is a great thread.

Let me dismiss the Kenyan connection. That sounds like a right wing conspiracy. ;)

I do the richardspeak when I can't get a arguement that satisfies me.

When I toss out a thought I get back the TYPICAL "How highschool!" post.

Isn't that what the US is all about? Picking the 'best' person to lead us? It seems that I should be able to question the qualifications and character of any candidate running for office.

BO could put a flag on a staff and fly it from any orifice on his body. :eek:
It doesn't change the ideals that he and his wife has expressed.

How's about a post where you can defend some of the statements BO has made about his church? Or what his wife said about the US being mean and lazy? Most of these AHs use the "out of context", "misqouted" defense.
How's about thinking before they make a statement?

Seems like BO never heard the rev spewing hate, then he may have heard something and then there ain't no doubt about what kind of message came out of Wright's mouth.

I guess it's OK to be associated with a hatemonger, as a friend, not a spiritual
advisor. Besides the "freedom of speech" angle, can you defend the AIDS reference Wright made? How's about the little simulated sex act at the pulpit?
The USKKK of A sermon?

The comments about Wright and grandma being old and the product of stereotyping by the media doesn't make you think a bit? Didn't the "typical white person" comment make you wonder about his stereotyping white people?

Defend MO's statements.

-------------

The world stopped when the female announcer made a comment about Tiger Woods being lynched by his fellow golfers. Could it be because he wins every fricking Open he enters? Nope, It's all racial and it don't matter that TW wasn't worried about it.

The lynching subject comes up during a sermon at the same pulpit where Wright spews his BS. Lynching again associated with a black man and
where is rev Sharptongue to denounce the use of word in THAT situation?

Ah,
Ignore the man behind the curtain. (That is a reference to the Wizard of OZ)
It seems like a little old man pulled the wool over the eyes of the people of OZ until someone figured out what was going on.

Are you still with me??

BO has the same flash, smoke and mirrors going on-The media pulled the curtain to the side and it's time to see who the real candidate is.

If you read this post this far, send me 5,000 dollars. I got you where I want you. :confused: :rolleyes:

lizbud
03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
OMG I'm starting to understand you Richard. :eek: Is that a good thing
or not? :)

Anyway, I think BO's slip of the tongue, off the cuff, or whatever you want
to call it, was a huge gaffe on his part. It was his subconscious speaking
and not the well rehearsed rhetoric he's so famous for.

RICHARD
03-24-2008, 07:12 PM
OMG I'm starting to understand you Richard. :eek: Is that a good thing
or not? :)

Anyway, I think BO's slip of the tongue, off the cuff, or whatever you want
to call it, was a huge gaffe on his part. It was his subconscious speaking
and not the well rehearsed rhetoric he's so famous for.

You can keep the 5 grand. ;)

BO is painful to watch when he "speaks without a safety net".

The UMs, You Knows and pauses make me cringe. The other night I counted
14 ums in the space of two minutes. If you wanted to play a drinking game using the UM as the criteria for talking a drink, You'd lose your liver in 20 minutes. Some people will take the UMs as a sign that someone is thinking about what will come out of their mouth.

I really don't see that in this case.

---------

I saw Mitt Romney during the torch run of the Salt Lake City Olympic Games.
That dude was sharply dressed, very official and was very well spoken. I am not star-struck or impressed by stars, politicians or athletes anymore. I don't 'like' men either.

I could not keep my eyes off of him. He has a very apparent aura about him- he has presence. When the Mormon/Polygamy scandal came up, I laughed. OOHHH! Your church used to allow multiple wives. What about the Catholic Church? If the Muslims are still sore about the Crusades I am sure we can put any religion under a microscope and find fault.

MR didn't have a spiritual advisor problem. As much as the media tried to connect him with polygamy it didn't pan out.

Here you have a situation where a candidate for the presidency refuses to sever the ties he has to a person who has made some of the goofiest statements against the same government who probably grant his church a
non profit/tax free status.

Liz,
Don't bother to try and understand me. I'm not running for any office. Try to get into the heads of the people who want the presidency-they are the one who count!

RICHARD
03-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I stand corrected!

I was just informed that BO has never refused to place his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Flog away!

Cinder & Smoke
03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm not running for any office.

Awwwww... NUTZ! :(

I was just about to color in my RICH fur PREZ sign!

Whadda'my gonna do with it now?
:confused:

caseysmom
03-24-2008, 08:41 PM
I stand corrected!

I was just informed that BO has never refused to place his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Flog away!
Never believed it for a second anyhow. I considered the source.

Edwina's Secretary
03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
I stand corrected!

Flog away!

Hyperbole, exaggeration, out of context, distortion....<<shrug>> what's new?

RICHARD
03-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Never believed it for a second anyhow. I considered the source.

That happens when I cinch up my pants. I really can't hear myself speak through the fabric in the seat.

I've PMed you my address, send me my money-no checks-just small bills.

C&S

Recycle the sign ......or on second thought......I may have an office in my regime...ah, cabinet for you. Interested? :D

------------------

What's up with Bill Richardson??

In keeping with the religion part of the thread...... James Carville called BR a "Judas" for endorsing BO. Richardson is a good pal of the Clintons but decided to back Obama. Apparently, the pundits believe that it guarantees Obama the Hispanic vote...Nope, the only thing guaranteed is BR on the short list as Obama's running partner should the nod go to him. Another 'attractive' selling point for his quest for the White House.

"Hey look, Not only did I get a Hispanic dude to help me win, I got him to help run the country....."

Thank god we are getting past the issue of race.... ;)

RICHARD
03-24-2008, 09:54 PM

If you get a warm compress and sterilize a needle you can lance a hyperbole.

Or just deny you have one!

What's new with you......Got any points to defend? :D

Cinder & Smoke
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
C&S

... or on second thought ... I may have an office in my regime ... ah, cabinet for you.
Interested? :D

Depends ...

What's IN the Cabinet??

:p

RICHARD
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM

Oh Oh! I thought you said HYPER BOIL! :eek:

C&S

It's the Liquor Cabinet!
Kidding, I can make you King of Lost Angeles! Nice weather, smog, traffic and beautiful women.

Pam
03-25-2008, 09:00 AM
-James Carville

GAG! Now there is a name that I haven't heard in a while and another good reason to vote against Hillary. Hubby and I refer to him as mushroom head. :p

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 11:01 AM
GAG! Now there is a name that I haven't heard in a while and another good reason to vote against Hillary. Hubby and I refer to him as mushroom head. :p

Have you seen his ears? Check out the right one-cauliflower, dude!
I guess covering them up is out of the question? :eek:

I'd send you 5,000 dollars, but I still am unemployed. I am waiting for 10,000 dollars so if that shows up in my mailbox, I'll share it with you. ;)

--------------------

Having been on a C-17 three times, I do know how Hillary Clinton felt.
Every single time the plane was surrounded by thousands of local people.
There was no sniper fire but on one occasion F-16s flew over the aircraft providing some protection in case we were fired upon.

Upon exiting the plane the crew told us to have a good day and to be careful on the way out.

I got out onto the stairs, made my way down to the ground. A commotion off to the side caught my attention.

I ran over to buy a beer and hot dog. I really enjoyed the rest of the airshow. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Did you hear that one of Hillary's claims to be qualified for President was because she faced sniper fire when she was in Bosnia?

Seems Shaq O'Neil was on the same trip. No sniper fire. NO gun fire at all just an easy laid back trip. Films to prove it too.

Hillary said well, she "misspoke" about the trip. HELLO!!! You LIED!!! :rolleyes: :p

Pam
03-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Films to prove it too.

Hillary said well, she "misspoke" about the trip. HELLO!!! You LIED!!! :rolleyes: :p

Yes I saw the footage. I want to see her explain this. :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes I saw the footage.
I want to see her explain this. :rolleyes:

But she DID "explain it" >>>

Had one of her mouthpieces "explain" that dear Hillary "misspoke" in her recollection
of the event ... surely that's not a *L*I*E*, is it?

:rolleyes:

How do you spell that new candidate's name ... "NONE of the Above" ??

RICHARD - will you accept a draft?

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
I guess we can say that of all the candidates only McCain qualifies for the Trial By "Fire" clause?

If they were sniping at HC and Shaq Diesel was standing next to her you'd have to be pretty bad with a gun. Shaq is 7 foot plus and some 325 pounds.
--------------

Dang. I just got it.

There is an actor by the name of Oliver something, No- not Oliver Stone, that B Richardson reminds me of.

------------

C&S

Of course I will accept a draft......I love beer from the tap! :confused:

Plus I can boss around thousands of young men and women. :eek:

lizbud
03-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Richard, What I meant was I understood what you said about BO in
the post before mine. It wasn't Richardspeak & it got right to the point
in expressing your opinion.

Oh, Hillary's fib doesn't bother me much. It is the one qualification needed
by all politicians isn't it?

Mitt Romney is one strange dude. reminds me of the "Dad" in a 50s sit-com. :D

caseysmom
03-25-2008, 04:59 PM

I prefer Obama over Hillary but it is really interesting to see everyone making a big deal about a politician exaggarating their qualifications when the current president has us in a horrible war for 5 years and those same people don't voice any critisim....very enlightening to me.

Pam
03-25-2008, 05:04 PM

I am blown away that she thought she could get away with it. It is NOT misspeak. How can you claim to experience what she did when she obviously did not? Does she have Alzheimers? It is called lying. Maybe she is competing with McCain to get sympathy for being in a war zone. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree completely with your statement about MR. He could have filled in for Ward Cleaver. :p :p

I have often said that this race leaves me cold. The only thing that could make me really want McCain is to have Hillary run against him. Keep in mind I don't particularly like McCain so that shows you what I think of HC. Should it be Obama against McCain, I would have to really give it some thought.

Edwina's Secretary
03-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I do the richardspeak when I can't get a arguement that satisfies me.

And that, my friend, (to quote McCain) says it all. If the argument doesn't satisfy you.......

I see 4,000 of this country's best and brightest dead and 25,000+ maimed...in a war predicated on lies....I see a economy in very bad shape -- reported today that consumer confidence is at its lowest since 1973 and the Arab Oil Embargo and Watergate...and an administration with only one solution -- reduce taxes for the rich! I see oil at $100/barrel plus and approaching $4.00/gal. I see a weak dollar and a federal deficit that will be paid for by your children's children's children...unless they are rich.

I don't care with whom or to whom someone prays...I don't care if they pray. I don't care what jewelry they wear or to whom they are married or who picks out their clothes.

I care about whether someone can lead. And what ideas they have for restoring the luster of this country. And how they will put together a team with a focus on this country and its needs. I am not sure which of the candidates I feel that could be but ...

... I think fussing about what is in their lapel or how many times they say "um" or what their middle name is or any of this "style vs substance" stuff debases the process of selecting a leader.

Good luck in finding an argument that satisfies you....

caseysmom
03-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Double bravo...

lizbud
03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
I have often said that this race leaves me cold. The only thing that could make me really want McCain is to have Hillary run against him. Keep in mind I don't particularly like McCain so that shows you what I think of HC.

I've heard of, but never knew anyone who did till now, carry around a visceral hatred of "all things Hillary". I wish someone could explain to me why
some people literally HATE this woman.

Medusa
03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
In the mid 90's, I worked w/a band of musicians from South Africa and later w/just the band leader. In order to stay in America, as part of their obligation to keep a visa, they had to perform and teach their African music and culture. So it was common for us to teach workshops in churches, especially black churches. Once, during Black History Month, the band leader and I taught a drumming workshop in an A.M.E. Church in Ohio and we were invited to join the congregation for dinner afterwards and we gladly accepted. I was the only white person among approximately 200 people. It didn't bother me and it didn't seem to bother anyone else. Everyone was very gracious to us until during dinner, one man, in his best Amos 'n' Andy voice said to me "Y'know, Lincoln didn't free no slaves!" I guess he was trying to see if I'd react and I did but not in the way he was expecting. It cracked me up and I started laughing and couldn't stop. Then my African friend started laughing and he finally said "Mary, stop!" but I couldn't. I guess no one else thought it was funny because we weren't invited back. We laughed the entire ride home. And for months afterwards, out of the blue my friend would say "Y'know, Lincoln didn't free no slaves!" and it would get us going again.

Words can harm and words can heal. But sometimes words can just make you laugh.

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM

Send Pam the 5,000 dollars then. ;)

You have to look at it this way...

What 50's "dad" ever lied, cheated or smoked a cigar? Used drugs or was racist.... :D

OH man, I was going to make a really sexist statement about why some women hate Hillary.....Screw it here goes.

She has someone shop for her clothes.

------------

Isn't Bravo a television station?

----------

ES,

ATTA GIRL. THat's what I wanted to hear.

So, how often do you all visit the Huffington website.

Funny, you didn't mention "Oil for Blood". I love it when you go way back -35 years, to find out that consumer confidence is at an all time low.

Let me apologize for this before I type it...

There have been many AHs from both sides of the aisle that have given us the SEVENTEEN INCH LONG WOODEN PROMISE aka THE SHAFT.

I don't have any kids, I planned ahead. Let your kids worry about it.
I don't want a jerk that wants to be president that endorses taking over the profits of the oil companies, Can you say SOCIALIST and BO in the same sentence.

The tech for solar, wind and alternative has been there for a while. We could have some oil wells right off the coast of CA, but the poor AH treehuggers don't want it....and the rich Democrats living around Martha's vineyard think it ruins the view.

What about all the soccer mom's that decided they want a Nissan Armada or Navigator to shuffle the kids to practice or dance lessons. What about all the
electronic equipment that the kids have in their bedroom?

If we realy learned our lesson in '73 we would not be in this mess. Don't blame the politicians. Blame us. We boo-hooed for a minute and then built bigger cars, bigger engines and waited. We let the water, dirt and air get polluted and when it comes to pay for our sins, we blame the government for not protecting us. The 5' 4" peroxide blonde, on her second set of silicone implants cruises down the Los Angeles freeway in a Hummer. 8 miles to the gallon, a carbon footprint that was as big as her arse (until she got the liposuction). She donates to the Clean Up Next Time Fund that protects the beaches......But now that gas is 4 bucks a gallon, starbucks coffee went up 50 cents and the city wants to put power lines thru the neighborhood because we are power pigs- it matters a whole lot now.

I don't feel guilty or want to blame the government or the bad politicians for our problems now. I drove, used power, polluted the water with my feces.
I didn't buy the F-250 4WD truck, I turn off the lights when I leave a room,
I take my cans in for recycling.

It takes alot of nerve to wake up 35 years later and say, "Look at our problems!" I wish I could have been on that planet with everyone that's offended now that they are back on Mother Earth.

If you want to see the AHs that screwed up the USA for the kids that are on the way, Look in the mirror. I see a huge AH in mine every morning. ;)

I think that you remember all the "Don't Trust Anyone Over Thirty Group" are the OVER THIRTY buttheads today. The have faster and better ways to steal from each other. LOL, Affordable housing? Cheaper food.

The same people who wanted to replace meat with soy burgers found that they could take a cheap product, punch it up and sell it for megabucks.

Eff this. If I go broke eating tofu and drinking soy lattes, I'd rather die faster drinking straight vodka, eating cheap steak and smoking cigars.

So,
I know where I was and what my part in the problem is.

About the war...Much is made about GWB sitting in a classroom in Florida.
What about the guy in the Oval Office with the aide?

Seems like if we had taken a million dollar cruise missle and shoved it into a tent in the Middle East a few years ago, Osama Bin Laden wouldn't have given Saddam Hussein a 'neck massage', We'd still have the WTC and the money we are spending on a war of lies would be in our pockets.

You can't change the past, so try and live with the future.

Send me my money.

Edwina's Secretary
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Yawn. I don't owe you money! I won the bet. I knew you would trivialize it to "I don't have children..." Typical.

You blather again about the past (I think. I don't understand RICHARDspeak too well.) I'll leave you to your search...for whatever it is you seek. My concern is for the future.

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Trivialize it?

YOU brought up 1973.

And you owe me the money.

You keep buying my line of BS by reading down to the end. ;)

------------

Out of all that richardspeak you could only pick out that line?

Think about it. Would you really want me to procreate? One of me is bad enough, genetic offspring would really eff things up! :eek:

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe for you.

For me - I use the word to express my pleasure when someone has done something well - as Edwina's secretary did.

You owe her 5,000 dollars. Pay up.

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Check is in the mail. http://bestsmileys.com/mail/14.gif

And, :eek: I love you. :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Trivialize it?

YOU brought up 1973.

And you owe me the money.

You keep buying my line of BS by reading down to the end. ;)

I didn't bring up 1973...I quoted the news...Conference Board (http://www.conference-board.org/economics/consumerConfidence.cfm)

Perhaps Rush didn't discuss it today? Wasn't on Lou Dobbs?

Now I have to admit something...when you go into one of your tirades...I rarely read down to the end! Sorry....

RICHARD
03-25-2008, 11:45 PM
I didn't bring up 1973...I quoted the news...Conference Board (http://www.conference-board.org/economics/consumerConfidence.cfm)

Perhaps Rush didn't discuss it today? Wasn't on Lou Dobbs?

Now I have to admit something...when you go into one of your tirades...I rarely read down to the end! Sorry....

Darling,

YOU BROUGHT IT UP-

Rush? Geddy Lee is a singer and bassist. He's Canadian.

Grace,
Keep your 5,000 dollars.

-------------

DUDE!
The poor rev Wright is back in the States. He got punked outta speaking engagement-the local cops wouldn't give him security. :eek:

OUCH.

RICHARD
03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
I am going to marry Chelsea Clinton.

I love fiery redheads that tell stupid college students off!

-------------

I awoke this morning and saw that the warm Santa Ana winds are blowing.
I open the paper and see that McCain was in Santa Ana yesterday..

Is he the a prophet or the antichrist?

dukedogsmom
03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Boy do you and I think alike! I'd like to tell that idiot "man of God" to get the hell out of the U.S. and take his preidential candidate with him. I never thought I'd be saying this but, Go Hillary!

I left my church for some similar reasons and if I'm not mistaken, on Easter, also. It was something I overheard from a young adult. I think he's a deacon now, not sure. Thank goodness I heard it and not a stranger. Some of the best hypocrites can be found in church. I'll join you for a cold beer.

ETA: I just read your page 4 rant and you are so right! You are awesome. Where are all the mummies and daddies now? Everything is supposed to be "for the children". Why aren't they taking better care of the earth? It's an all about me world. Screw the planet.

RICHARD
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Will Eddie be your Best Man? http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/13.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/wedding/8.gif

Of course!

DDM,

I'll buy.....

I heard the funniest thing about the election....Someone said that the by the time October 1st comes around we will be sick and tired of the pres candidates. At that time the military should stage a coup. Let them run the country for four years and at the end of that period we should go back to electing a president.

Made sense to me!

Pam
03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Of course!

.Someone said that the by the time October 1st comes around we will be sick and tired of the pres candidates.

Count me in as one who is already sick of the candidates. It's going to be a looonnng time a-comin' before we are done with this. Yesterday in work it seems that there was an Obama campaign pitch coming over the radio every hour on the hour - not surprising since Pennsylvania's primary is around the corner. Hang onto your hats people. It is just beginning.

Richard, my heartiest congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. Let me know when you pop the question and we can pop the champagne. :p Too bad BC is not still in office. You might have been First Son-in-Law. :p

lizbud
03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
I am going to marry Chelsea Clinton.

I love fiery redheads that tell stupid college students off!

All the local stations gave live coverage to both Bill Clinton & daughter
Chelsea appearances around the state. I think she showed poise and
confidence in answering questions until that guy asked the stupid question.

I think he was rude in asking this girl about her mom & dad's personal
life. It is none of his business.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15711497/detail.html

RICHARD
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I think that you are looking at the advent of political incorrectness. :eek:

I like the thought of people saying what they feel as opposed to trying to spin an answer.

I think that Ferraro making a statement about her comments, Carville giving a statement and Chelsea not even bothering is pretty refreshing.

Now, I hope it doesn't encourage rudeness or real outrageous behavior-just people talking about the issues and how they feel.

-------------

The batchelorette party would be at the WH, depending on what happens in November... :eek:

Grace
03-27-2008, 01:48 PM
I think he was rude in asking this girl about her mom & dad's personal
life. It is none of his business.

I disagree. As I understand it, the question was whether Hillary's accusation that the Lewinsky scandal was part of a ''vast right wing conspiracy'' against Bill impacts her credibility. It's a valid question. I can see where anything related to Monica would be uncomfortable for Chelsea, but she has chosen to put herself out there and those questions are part of the package as they relate to issues such as Hillary's credibility. I thought the answer ''it's none of your business'' was ludicrous. Her mother is a candidate for president -- her credibility is clearly at issue just as it is for any other candidate. Of course it's the questioner's business, the issue of credibility is all of our business.

As I read on another board - If she don't wanna deal with the dick issue, she needs to stay home.

caseysmom
03-27-2008, 03:10 PM
I personally like Chelsea's spunk and do believe it was a pretty lame question. Can we vote for Chelsea? Then Richard would be first man :D

RICHARD
03-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I disagree. As I understand it, the question was whether Hillary's accusation that the Lewinsky scandal was part of a ''vast right wing conspiracy'' against Bill impacts her credibility.

As I read on another board - If she don't wanna deal with the dick issue, she needs to stay home.

Heh Heh Heh.

Los ninos pagan por los pecados de sus padres.

(Children pay for the sins of their parents.)

--------------

More than the question, it's the inquirer. I loved the interviews with the little AH that asked the question. He was wearing a purple shirt with a green striped tie....Oops! there I go with the fashion statement again! He looked like a frat boy that did it on a dare.

"DUDE, I bet you can't get on TV when you go to the rally!"

First of all, put yourself in her spot. Your dad got a messy hummer and got caught, your mom stuck by him and you were stuck in the middle.

A few years later you are stumping for your mom and someone brings it up again. Why?

I think there is a certain amount of respect that men have lost for women-period. This moron will get a nice job with his degree, get married, have kids and a secretary with a bust measurement in the low forties and double letter rating, not to mention a divorce decree for doing the same thing.

I would have told him, "How would you feel if it were one of your parents?"

The dude showed about as much class as a 21st century college student could.

Dick issue? I don't remember any Richard mentioned in the story. :confused:

Grace
03-27-2008, 03:40 PM
A few years later you are stumping for your mom and someone brings it up again. Why?

Why not? The world is a vastly different place then it was when Kennedy was President, and no one knew what he was doing behind the closed doors of the White House. Now, we not only know - we know within minutes of the happening.

Whatever. The way I see it, if one decides they want to run for public office in this country, they better be prepared to have every facet of their lives put under the microscope. If there is a skeleton, it will be found. I'm not saying that is good - it's just the way our world is today.

And for Heaven's sake, don't allow your child to campaign for you if there is a skeleton. Hillary had to expect that one day someone would raise the subject, and Chelsea might be the one asked. If she is worried about her daughter - keep her out of it. And if she didn't anticipate this, she does not deserve to be President.

caseysmom
03-27-2008, 03:42 PM
That is precisely why we have crap for candidates.

Pam
03-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Why not? The world is a vastly different place then it was when Kennedy was President, and no one knew what he was doing behind the closed doors of the White House. Now, we not only know - we know within minutes of the happening.

Whatever. The way I see it, if one decides they want to run for public office in this country, they better be prepared to have every facet of their lives put under the microscope. If there is a skeleton, it will be found. I'm not saying that is good - it's just the way our world is today.

And for Heaven's sake, don't allow your child to campaign for you if there is a skeleton. Hillary had to expect that one day someone would raise the subject, and Chelsea might be the one asked. If she is worried about her daughter - keep her out of it. And if she didn't anticipate this, she does not deserve to be President.

Great post Grace. Back in the Kennedy era the worst thing we had to concern ourselves with was that he was Catholic! egads! A catholic president! Will the pope rule the USA? (sarcasm here....) I can remember my mom being upset when Adlai Stevenson was running for president as he was divorced. Her thoughts.....'how can you govern a country when you can't even keep the peace in your own household?' My goodness what would she think of today's choices? :rolleyes:

Nowadays *inquiring minds want to know* and I mean KNOW everything, some of which I wish I didn't know. I agree that when you are running for president you, your family, your grandparents, in-laws, etc., and yes even your daughter are under the microscope. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the race.

caseysmom
03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Great post Grace. Back in the Kennedy era the worst thing we had to concern ourselves with was that he was Catholic! egads! A catholic president! Will the pope rule the USA? (sarcasm here....) I can remember my mom being upset when Adlai Stevenson was running for president as he was divorced. Her thoughts.....'how can you govern a country when you can't even keep the peace in your own household?' My goodness what would she think of today's choices? :rolleyes:

Nowadays *inquiring minds want to know* and I mean KNOW everything, some of which I wish I didn't know. I agree that when you are running for president you, your family, your grandparents, in-laws, etc., and yes even your daughter are under the microscope. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the race.

I still think folks would have some issues with divorce, I don't know of any divorced candidates.....but I could be wrong.

Pam
03-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I still think folks would have some issues with divorce, I don't know of any divorced candidates.....but I could be wrong.

Well Giuliani was and I don't know about McCain. Cindy is his second wife. Did his first wife die or is he divorced?

caseysmom
03-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Well Giuliani was and I don't know about McCain. Cindy is his second wife. Did his first wife die or is he divorced?

Yeah that is true, I haven't really heard too much about McCain I think the democrats are both getting a lot more media attention right now.

RICHARD
03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I remember an interview with a reporter who covered the Kennedy admin during the Marilyn Monroe visits.

He made a statement about the late night visits-He said that the reporters knew exactly what was going on, but there was an agreement within the reporting corps that no one would write about or report on the matter.

Old boys club? Loose lips sink ships? Or was the threat of a leak and the possible sanctions against the press -no access to the pres, pres creds revoked or ????? - too much of a gamble for a reporter looking for a great story?

Now, I know possibly everything about the morons running for president.
I found out about boxers, smoking pot, cheating and alcohol use.

Ex-Gov. Spitzer liked different stuff from his dates, his replacement did coke an pot. Mayors are falling like flies too.

Yep, Hillary, Chelsea and the Billster knew that this was coming....

So, why are we so paranoid about asking Obama about his pastor?

------------

Yeah, we got crap for candidates.

Don't blame me. Blame the idiots who are donating-ah, buying the office.

lizbud
03-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I disagree. As I understand it, the question was whether Hillary's accusation that the Lewinsky scandal was part of a ''vast right wing conspiracy'' against Bill impacts her credibility.

How in the world would a child ever answer such a question about
a parent? :confused: I don't think she ever could. The question should
have been asked (if it had to be asked at all) of Mrs. Clinton herself.
Only she & God know why she chose to believe her husband's lies &
try to place blame on anyone but her husband.

Tammy Wynette ain't the only woman to believe you should "stand by your man" .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

Personally, I like the Carrie Underwood version better. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNlyWdXS8JU&NR=1

momoffuzzyfaces
03-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Just heard of Fox News that the Dems are thinking of running Gore as the presidential canidate with Obama as the VP (or Hillary. which ever they decide on)

I would be outraged at that!!! Why should Gore be nominated for the president when Obama and Hillary have both gone through all this whoo ha to get nominated. Besides, we've listened to all this fighting for them to do THAT? :eek:

The more I hear, the more I think I should just write my name in. :rolleyes:
(when we vote in November, I mean) ;)

lizbud
03-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Just heard of Fox News that the Dems are thinking of running Gore as the presidential canidate with Obama as the VP (or Hillary. which ever they decide on)

I would be outraged at that!!! Why should Gore be nominated for the president when Obama and Hillary have both gone through all this whoo ha to get nominated. Besides, we've listened to all this fighting for them to do THAT? :eek:

The more I hear, the more I think I should just write my name in. :rolleyes:
(when we vote in November, I mean) ;)

Don't worry Moff, It'll NEVER happen.

I would vote for you, go ahead and throw your hat in the ring. :)

Grace
03-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I went back to the beginning of this tome. It all began because of what Jeremiah Wright said in church one Sunday. Are you aware that the particular segment, shown on YouTube, is taken out of context?

Wright was inspired by a white man, Edward Peck. Peck had a 32 year career with the U.S. foreign Service.

If you're interested, you can read about it HERE (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/21/meet-the-white-man-who-_n_92793.html)

RICHARD
03-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I opened up that link and saw that it was posted on the site that is one of the most credible sites on the internet......For bull excrement.

Ms Huffington is one of the biggest hate mongers in the world.

Imagine, letting someone post on your site that you hope a person dies a slow painful death from cancer.

I bet being married to her would make a man swear off woman. :)

Grace
03-27-2008, 09:23 PM
So what - the article is correct.

RICHARD
03-27-2008, 10:17 PM

I guess since she was married to a politician (do the research on that train wreck) she is above reproach.

got it.

Pam
03-28-2008, 10:11 AM
My goodness Obama's pastor seems to be a real piece of work. I hope that Obama is stating the truth when he says he would have left the church if Pastor Wright had not retired. Possibly he is trying to stamp out what is now a forest fire. I have to wonder about people who sit in churches where this kind of stuff is put forth. Thank God every church I have ever attended has stuck to the Bible and preaching what should be preached. I, for one, am glad this guy retired although he certainly has left a legacy of garbage.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/28/obama.pastor/index.html

Grace
03-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I guess since she was married to a politician (do the research on that train wreck) she is above reproach.

got it.

Ah yes, Caesar's wife should be above reproach (suspicion). But it wasn't Arianna having the affair - it was her wacko husband. And supposedly she knew about his predilections before she married him. And she arranged to get a nice sum of $$$ upon the divorce.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Don't worry Moff, It'll NEVER happen.

I would vote for you, go ahead and throw your hat in the ring. :)
I have to wait for my Stimulas payment from the president before I can afford one. I don't think there are any women's hats in our little town any more. :D

Grace
03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/galleries/holbert20080321.jpg

RICHARD
03-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Ah yes, Caesar's wife should be above reproach (suspicion). But it wasn't Arianna having the affair - it was her wacko husband. And supposedly she knew about his predilections before she married him. And she arranged to get a nice sum of $$$ upon the divorce.

If she invented the salads, she's alright with me.

Sorry I questioned her morality. Marrying a gay man and capitalizing on that fact.

You know, She reminds me of a really evil Zsa Zsa Gabor.

---------

Anyone check out pastor Manning and his raving? :eek:

Grace
03-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Pastor Manning - who he?

lizbud
03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
I have to wait for my Stimulas payment from the president before I can afford one. I don't think there are any women's hats in our little town any more. :D

I think we have springtime hats for sale now at the mall, I'll send you one. :)

Are you going to get the check? Last time you thought you probably
would not qualify. :confused: I hope you do.

Oh, the IRS actually sent me a letter to tell me I was getting a check.
Why not just send the check & forget the letter? That's the Government
for you. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2008, 04:54 PM

Correct, fact, truth...all irrelevant when you seek an ..."arguement that satisfies" (sic) you!

of course...in response will be another high school joke

Grace
03-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Correct, fact, truth...all irrelevant when you seek an ..."arguement that satisfies" (sic) you!

Touche'

lizbud
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Pastor Manning - who he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khuu-RhOBDU&feature=related

Grace
03-28-2008, 07:04 PM
OMG - he is a piece of work!

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
We also seem to ignore hate-spewing Pastor John Hagee....seems if you agree with the particular hate being spewed...it's okay.

Grace
03-28-2008, 08:38 PM
John Hagee - from an AP article -

The televangelist, San Antonio megachurch leader John Hagee, has referred to the Roman Catholic Church as "the great whore" and called it a "false cult system" and "the apostate church"; the word "apostate" means someone who has forsaken his religion.
He also has linked Adolf Hitler to the Catholic church, suggesting it helped shape his anti-Semitism.
McCain said he does not agree with some of Hagee's past comments. "It's simply not accurate to say that because someone endorses me that I therefore embrace their views," McCain told reporters at a news conference Monday in Phoenix.
Catholic groups are pressuring McCain to go further and reject the endorsement, which he announced at a news conference with Hagee last week. The Democratic National Committee also is publicizing Hagee's views.
"Indeed, for the past few decades, he has waged an unrelenting war against the Catholic Church," said Catholic League President Bill Donohue.
"Senator Obama has repudiated the endorsement of Louis Farrakhan, another bigot," Donohue said. "McCain should follow suit and retract his embrace of Hagee."

I've also heard, don't know if it's true, that he, like Jerry Falwell, has blamed 9/11 on gays in our society.

IMHO, he's a fruitcake.

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Which is why all of them should remember that the U.S. Constitution guarantees us freedom from religion in our government. So let's get all the preachers and pastors and ministers and priests and rabbis and imans and whatever else out of the political discussion!

Enough already!

RICHARD
03-28-2008, 09:39 PM
of course...in response will be another high school joke

That's it, I'm going to the dean of students and report you.

Bully.

Edwina's Secretary
03-28-2008, 11:07 PM
That's it, I'm going to the dean of students and report you.

Bully.

Thank you! You do say the sweetest things! :D :p :D

RICHARD
03-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Pastor Manning - who he?

Quarter back for the Indy Colts?

Grace
03-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Quarter back for the Indy Colts?

No, that's Peyton. And Eli is the Manning for the NY giants. Maybe Archie or the other son, Cooper?

RICHARD
04-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Football is a religion.

So are enviromental issues to some large Irish Catholic families living in Massachusetts.

There once was a senator who sailed Nantucket
Who bailed his bilge with a bucket.
When his diesel was found
floating on top the Sound.
He told the media to suck it.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Kennedy_polluter/2008/03/14/80443.html

----------------
I like BO's comments about teen pregnancies.

I think he's WRIGHT about that.

The person tha comes out AFTER BO makes a stupid comment should be president. It seems that he always needs to have his comments explained, lest he be "MISQUOTED". :rolleyes:

Pam
04-01-2008, 12:36 PM
There once was a senator who sailed Nantucket
Who bailed his bilge with a bucket.
When his diesel was found
floating on top the Sound.
He told the media to suck it.
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Kennedy_polluter/2008/03/14/80443.html

You have missed your calling Richard. You should be on the Editorial Page of newspapers far and wide with your witty (and true) poetry. Very well done! :cool: Wonder why this was not on any of the news programs I have heard so far today.......

RICHARD
04-01-2008, 05:23 PM
You have missed your calling Richard. You should be on the Editorial Page of newspapers far and wide with your witty (and true) poetry. Very well done! :cool: Wonder why this was not on any of the news programs I have heard so far today.......

Doll,

Do you know how many years that limerick has simmered in the back of my brain? I laughed when I heard the story and as I lay in bed it came to me.
Don't thank me.....I just write. :D

Cinder & Smoke
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Did anyone catch Senator John McCain on the Dave Letterman Show on Tuesday night?

:D

If McCain doesn't make it into the White House, he's sure got a chance on the Talk Show Circuit!
Maybe his One Liners were helped by the writers, but he managed to keep up with Dave
throughout the entire show - good comebacks every time Dave threw him a line!

And he made some excellent points when he *got serious*, too.

GOOD JOB, Candidate McCain!!

Pam
04-02-2008, 05:17 AM
Did anyone catch Senator John McCain on the Dave Letterman Show on Tuesday night?

If McCain doesn't make it into the White House, he's sure got a chance on the Talk Show Circuit!
Maybe his One Liners were helped by the writers, but he managed to keep up with Dave
throughout the entire show - good comebacks every time Dave threw him a line!

And he made some excellent points when he *got serious*, too.

GOOD JOB, Candidate McCain!!

No I didn't see that. I prefer Leno to Letterman so would have probably missed it even if I could have stayed awake. I hope to maybe see some snippets of it on some of the news shows.

lizbud
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes, I saw it. McCain did pretty good. I've been loving Letterman's
quips about the candidates. he had some good ones on Rommey too
before he dropped out of the race. :D

I really would have felt comfortable voting for McCain about 7-8 yrs
ago, but since he's now such a good Bush buddy, I've lost my respect
for the guy.

RICHARD
04-02-2008, 05:56 PM

Somewhere Ed Mcmahon is practicing.......HERE"S JOHHNY!

JM just has to keep Bette Midler off his show. ;)

-------------------

Hey,
If Hillary does challenge BO to a bowling match, will she use the bowling alley's balls or her own?

-------------

Will someone tell BO that in order to 'install' a cabinet, you have to get into the house first?

And that pesky Al Gore.....what does he have to say about the Tedster fouling up the Sound? :confused:

RICHARD
04-03-2008, 09:25 PM
I think that the forefathers of this country were right to separate church and state and give people freedom of speech.

How else would the populace of the U.S. get some of the best sound-bytes
on earth?

I popped on the tube and saw that a Catholic priest made some statements in support of rev Wright and Louie Farrakan.

Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary were blasted by a radio host - in not too kind terms - at an event in San Francisco.

A trip into CSPAN land got my attention- Nancy Pelosi is complaining about the Iraqis paying a buck thirty six at the gas pumps.....and having a glut of oil!

Funny, We entered the war to take the oil from Iraq for ourselves!

BO is shooting basketballs on camera and wooing the crowds in interviews at college campuses.

----------------

My final observations are about the Rep/Dem talking heads on TV and the peanut galleries at these political events.

I have noticed that most of the "experts" on the tube blog for a living and are way to young to remember cloth diapers. Could the plastic in disposable diapers have seeped into their brains? ;) They speak like groupies of all things popular and don't see anything past rose colored glasses.

I love the crowds at the speaking engagements where the candidates appear.
It's a riot to see a politician craft their statements according to what the crowd wants to hear.

Talk about unions and plants in the midwest, talk about student loans on the campuses. Plant a tree, go bowling or visit a homeless shelter.

Tell that group of people exactly what they want to hear, leave them warm and fuzzy inside, then go on to the next group and blow smoke up their stacks.

It funny and very sad to see these sheep fall for the line, promise or change.

Should they get to the big house they'll then have to explain to them that it can't be done because of the Senate or Congress - They won't pass the bills for the promises you made.

Me?
I get tired of having to change my underwear because of smell of smoke in my pants. :rolleyes:

------------------

I'm the Edster's Dad and I approve this message. :D

lizbud
04-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Obama's group at Indiana University is offering students 2 free tickets
to see a Dave Matthews Band concert.They only have to register to vote.
Ummm, I wonder who they might vote for?

RICHARD
04-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Obama's group at Indiana University is offering students 2 free tickets
to see a Dave Matthews Band concert.They only have to register to vote.
Ummm, I wonder who they might vote for?

Wasn't the DMB the group that emptied the waste tanks off the bridge onto the sight seeing boat?

What would Al Gore do? :eek:

smokey the elder
04-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I think pitching to the audience is as old as representative politics itself. The candidate has to market him/herself, after all.

RICHARD
04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I think pitching to the audience is as old as representative politics itself. The candidate has to market him/herself, after all.

Yes, but in these days of more info across the wires you'd think that people would pay more attention to the messenger, as opposed to the message.

Brett Favre in '08? :D

lizbud
04-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Anybody want to volunteer? You just have to be a "typical white person"
to get in. Geeze. :rolleyes:

Political Punch
Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior National Correspondent Jake Tapper

Jake Tapper is ABC News' Senior National Correspondent based in the network's Washington bureau. He writes about politics and popular culture and covers a range of national stories.

"We Need More White People"
April 09, 2008 8:47 AM

At a Michelle Obama event, reporters from the Carnegie-Mellon University student newspaper "observed one event coordinator say to another, 'Get me more white people, we need more white people.' To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, 'We're moving you, sorry. It's going to look so pretty, though.'

"'I didn't know they would say, "We need a white person here,"' said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. 'I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn't know it would be so outright.'"

(For those who would criticize this blog for relying on a college newspaper, please recall how much the Obama campaign in its TV ads relied upon the support for his health care plan by the college newspaper the Daily Iowan.)

In any case, that Michelle Obama advance staffer just summed up the candidate's issues in Pennsylvania. They do, indeed, need more white people.

RICHARD
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Anybody want to volunteer? You just have to be a "typical white person"
to get in. Geeze. :rolleyes:

Political Punch
Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior National Correspondent Jake Tapper

Jake Tapper is ABC News' Senior National Correspondent based in the network's Washington bureau. He writes about politics and popular culture and covers a range of national stories.

"We Need More White People"
April 09, 2008 8:47 AM

At a Michelle Obama event, reporters from the Carnegie-Mellon University student newspaper "observed one event coordinator say to another, 'Get me more white people, we need more white people.' To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, 'We're moving you, sorry. It's going to look so pretty, though.'

"'I didn't know they would say, "We need a white person here,"' said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. 'I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn't know it would be so outright.'"

(For those who would criticize this blog for relying on a college newspaper, please recall how much the Obama campaign in its TV ads relied upon the support for his health care plan by the college newspaper the Daily Iowan.)

In any case, that Michelle Obama advance staffer just summed up the candidate's issues in Pennsylvania. They do, indeed, need more white people.

LOL,

Don't you start with that TWP stuff!

Why the Eff does MO need her own event?

Sounds like the Tah raise Ah Kerry bug has bitten, again!

lizbud
04-09-2008, 04:38 PM
LOL,

Why the Eff does MO need her own event?

Sounds like the Tah raise Ah Kerry bug has bitten, again!

I think you're right. :)

RICHARD
04-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Here's how to pick a candidate.

Start from last year, about July, do some research - check out what they say and what they believe.

Fast forward to the day you look and see how much they have changed their tune!

I saw a report where BO is starting to conjure up God, Country and Apple Pie during his recent speeches. :eek:

Did anyone catch the Saturday Night Live skit about BO? I saw part of it and they got the "UM' and stuttering down pat. Just today a news talking head made light of his "UM" too.

My other peeve is about his handlers-they jump into the fray as BO's mouthpiece- They issue HIS statements. You know, He does remind me of Jerry Mahoney. :)

------------------

HC is a little more subdued now. She don't screech as much and just cruises along....I kinda liked the animated HC, she was just more human?

------------

Now, we get to JM......ah, can you say boring.....well, Monochrome, at the very least... :p

RICHARD
04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
I guess now I am a bitter, typical white male.

I wonder if that will become a box to check off on my income tax forms???? :rolleyes:

---------------

You know, now that I think about it, that does sound a little insulting.
Religion, guns and unemployment- Typical white middle America. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
04-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Did you hear McCain's speech on MLK Day? Seems now (that he is running for president) he realizes his vote against creating a national holiday in honor of Dr. King was a mistake. And is very sorry about his vote!

Do you think if he was standing in front of the Typical White Guys forum he would have mentioned that?

Yeah, right.....

RICHARD
04-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Do you think if he was standing in front of the Typical White Guys forum he would have mentioned that?

Yeah, right.....

BTWP wouldn't have heckled him,......As it is, he had he bits to admit it.

I wonder if BO will cop to his gaffe in front of the BTWP? :eek:

-------

BTW, I saw Hillary bowling on the Ellen D show.....she used Ellen's balls. :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
04-13-2008, 07:32 PM
As long as style and no substance is still the topic...

What's with Hillary and "clap, clap, point....clap, clap point..."

And McCain's patronizing ...."My friend" so annoying.

And isn't it fun acting like we are back in high school again! Gosh...what were they wearing????

As it is, he had he bits to admit it. He had no choice. He worked against MLK Day...it is a matter of public record. A bit hard to not admit it.

I cannot always understand RICHARD speak but are you suggesting that Typical White People never heckle??? I have been shocked lately by your racist comments. Really sad.

RICHARD
04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I cannot always understand RICHARD speak but are you suggesting that Typical White People never heckle??? I have been shocked lately by your racist comments. Really sad.

I graduated from the Reverend Wright School of NASCAR (racism). :rolleyes:

I'd break out the Mexican Jokes but they don't translate well.

You know, Isn't that part of opening up the dialogue? I didn't start the idea of Bitter, Typical White Folks.... Take it up with the jerk that did.

Let me toss out this little nugget for you- I took a position working for a surgery department. I went into the cafeteria and was told by the nurses of that area that, "The doctors were used to working with women."
Why? Because these little effers could yell and scream at women, make them cry and embarrass them. One midget AH made it his personal mission to get me fired. He walked into the office one day, stood over my desk and began to yell. When I stood up next to his 5 foot 5 frame and asked him what he wanted me to do with his schedule, he almost threw a valve.

The nurses also stopped doing translations for the patients because I knew spanish and couldn't be bothered to help the people who had just landed in the country.

I don't play no effing race card/equal right BS. The people that worry about race are the people who aren't comfortable in the bodies that god gave them.
For the oppressed people that feel that out country is so racist that we can't move forward, I have two words for them

Aunt Artica. She has a place in her everloving bosom for everyone that isn't happy here.

--------------------

On a lighter note....
I did play the Barack Obama drinking game tonight-Take a drink for every Um and Ahh.

When one of the peanut gallery guests asked a question I counted how many Ums and Ahhs he'd toss out and I counted about 22 in the space of 4 minutes.
Um.......Ahhh......Ummmmm, that would be about a beer and a half in 240 seconds.

I didn't have any beer in the house so I drank tea. I like my liver. :p

Edwina's Secretary
04-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Sorry RICHARD....can't understand you when you write in your own special language.

Try declarative sentences. Try taking responsiblity for your own actions instead of hiding behind the "everybody else is doing it!"

RICHARD
04-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Sorry RICHARD....can't understand you when you write in your own special language.

Try declarative sentences. Try taking responsiblity for your own actions instead of hiding behind the "everybody else is doing it!"

Five letters. F-a-r-c-e.

The last time I was called "racist" was in a meeting with my immediate supervisor. The system administrator that was over me was incapable of speaking or writing English that made sense.

I told the supervisor that half the time I didn't understand what she wanted.
She then said that I shouldn't bring race into it!

I said that I mentioned nothing about race, It was about communication.
IT's funny how people, or the system, immediately begin with the name calling or make the jump to racism when they have to defend an error on their part.

The Sys Admin had a degree and was a computer whiz, but she had no experience what the job required-She worked in a book bindery-the only appendix she had seen was at the back of a text book.

(that was a joke-book appendix versus human appendix-get it?)

So, my problem was getting e-mails or verbal instructions and questioning anything she told me was racist.

Now, If I poke fun or make light of a presidential candidate who says something that I have a problem understanding - that automatically makes me a racist?

I do take responsibility in what I say, unlike some bobo that want to be my leader.

---------------

Hey, HC having a beer and a shot make her my kind of gal!

I think a beer bong and some "Candidate Gone Wild" action would win her my vote-After all who wants to see BO or JM topless?

Does that make me a misogynist? :confused:

lizbud
04-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Obama is spending a small fortune on tv ads here in Indiana. I swear,
if I hear his voice one more time, I'll puke. Enough already. :mad: :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Speaking of politics:

Somebody please tell Jimmy Carter he is no longer president. :p

What on earth he thinks he is doing going to talk to Hamas is beyond me. It's not like he can promise them anything - he has no power any more. Well, maybe he can build them a house or something. He and Nancy P are so headstrong. State department asks them not to do something, so they do it.

I hope if he gets captured or killed or something he remembers he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. :rolleyes:

By the way, I wonder if Hillary would be able to get up at 3 to answer the phone after a few of the boiler makers she was chugging down on the news today. :D

Pam
04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
By the way, I wonder if Hillary would be able to get up at 3 to answer the phone after a few of the boiler makers she was chugging down on the news today. :D

LOL! :D I watched the Compassion Debate, or whatever it was called, last night. Hillary seemed to be trying too hard to say the right things. Obama, of course, has the "silver tongue" and comes across much more relaxed. I wasn't impressed with either of their answers really. I wish McCain had also been involved. It would be interesting to see what he had to say. I am having a hard time really rallying around any of these three. I really wish Ron Paul was in the race. :(

RICHARD
04-15-2008, 02:02 AM
I worry about John M sleeping thru the 3 a.m. phone call.

"Hi, You have reached the White House. Cindy and I are in bed right now. If this concerns a war, a natural disaster or some other instance where the U.S. needs to be the police department for the world, Press 1 - someone will wake us up. Otherwise leave a message after the beep...."

-------------------------

Actually, HC drank her shot like a lady. She took a nip and saved some. I guess I am too used to watching those Spring Break specials on COPS..
I guess it doesn't look 'presidential' to drink straight from the bottle. :confused:

-----------------

Speaking of religion..... That pesky rev. wright was at it again!
God, talk about a loser-He went to a funeral and was asked to eulogize the departed, some judge, during the talk had to go on and attack the media.

With spiritual advisors, like that who needs enemas? :confused: :eek:

Pam
04-17-2008, 07:14 AM
I watched last night's debate in Philadelphia. Despite the fact that I am not a Hillary fan, I think she scored big against Obama in that one. Of course what I find amazing is that they are making it so easy for the Republicans to gather ammunition with their attacks on each other. Maybe they will self-destruct even before one of them gets their chance to debate McCain. :rolleyes:

lizbud
04-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I watched last night's debate in Philadelphia. Despite the fact that I am not a Hillary fan, I think she scored big against Obama in that one. Of course what I find amazing is that they are making it so easy for the Republicans to gather ammunition with their attacks on each other. Maybe they will self-destruct even before one of them gets their chance to debate McCain. :rolleyes:

I watched it also. Hillary brought her A game last night. When asked a
yes or no type question she didn't hem, haw around. Her answers were
afirmative & immediate. very unusual for a candidate.I agree, & think she
did well.

RICHARD
04-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Dude,

BO was lying! BO was lying!

I tuned in to Don Imus yesterday and he was laughing at HC and BO.
He said that they were vicious to each other apart, but were (w)ussies when
they meet face to face.

BO answered the lapel pin answer incorrectly. He did state that he thought a lapel pin was an false sense of patriotism on a radio show.

Or, as the stated on Red Eye the other night....Maybe Obama is afraid of the pointy thing on the back of the pin.. :eek:

------------------

And speaking of religion.

The Pope rolls Mercedes, eh? :)

Loved the hydraulics and the hatchback. I just wonder what kinda sounds he jams......

CD? DVD? MP3? :cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2008, 12:14 PM
BO answered the lapel pin answer incorrectly. He did state that he thought a lapel pin was an false sense of patriotism on a radio show.

------------------

Do you know before 9/11 we couldn't even find a flag pin here? Guess we Kansans were just unpatriotic. We should have been born with one clutched in our hands like, apparently, the rest of the country. I have one now but don't wear it because it turned green. Guess I'm still unpatriotic, eh? :D

RICHARD
04-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Guess I'm still unpatriotic, eh? :D

Tattoos Sister, Tattoos! :eek:

lizbud
04-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Do you know before 9/11 we couldn't even find a flag pin here? Guess we Kansans were just unpatriotic. We should have been born with one clutched in our hands like, apparently, the rest of the country. I have one now but don't wear it because it turned green. Guess I'm still unpatriotic, eh? :D

Probably made in China anyway. :D

Has anyone else noticed BO slip back & forth between his"Black voice" and
"White voice", depending on the crowd he's talking to?

It's very obvious when he's doing it but I don't think I've ever read anybody
comment on it before.

Edwina's Secretary
04-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Probably made in China anyway. :D

Has anyone else noticed BO slip back & forth between his"Black voice" and
"White voice", depending on the crowd he's talking to?

It's very obvious when he's doing it but I don't think I've ever read anybody
comment on it before.

I had a friend who could do that! She said it was no different than someone bilingual English/French. Sort of like when GW gets that Texas twang going in place of his East Coast preppie voice. I have read comments on GW's bi-lingualness (is that a word??)

Grace
04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
A long time ago we visited Montreal. Took a bus tour. The guide, a very nice young man, spoke perfect English - with no hint of a French accent.

We asked about it. He said he spoke only French in the winter, English in summer. Spring and fall were the bad times - as he was switching over.

lizbud
04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I have read comments on GW's bi-lingualness (is that a word??)

Well, sort of..... :)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bilinguality

RICHARD
04-19-2008, 11:40 PM
ME! ME!

BO does his 'street cred' spiel when he wants to be hip. I see it more as the
"preacher-featured" voice as he tries to rile up the crowd. He spoke it during the Annie Oakley speech. Another little habit he has is the post-zinger reaction. He'll make a statement, the crowd reacts and he collapses his posture. It's a "come-on! I don't deserve your applause" reaction. False humility. Check it out.

---------

At least we don't have to put up with the screecher! :)

lizbud
04-20-2008, 06:34 PM
ME! ME!

BO does his 'street cred' spiel when he wants to be hip. I see it more as the
"preacher-featured" voice as he tries to rile up the crowd. He spoke it during the Annie Oakley speech. Another little habit he has is the post-zinger reaction. He'll make a statement, the crowd reacts and he collapses his posture. It's a "come-on! I don't deserve your applause" reaction. False humility. Check it out.

I know what you're talking about. It's his "aw shucks" type reaction.
I personally love Bo's reaction when someone really riles him. Watch for
the pursed lips & furrowed brow. :D

RICHARD
04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Going back to religion for a second.

Bill Maher is a dope.

He made some statements about the Pope that were totally disrepsectful.
He was called on it and said he would apologize on his program and didn't bother.

Yeah, First Amendment and all that, but be accountable.

RICHARD
04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Typical White Person Alert.

I was watching the sports news and the announcer was doing the golf scores.

All of a sudden he says something like, "How many jackets does a redneck need?" He was talking about a white golfer named Boo Weekly and his win at some Classic or Open.

I thought, "Hmmmm, Maybe one of the spokespeople for rednecks will come to his defense." ;)

------------------

And in hindsight......

What would have been the backlash against BO had he included NASCAR or Ford pick-up trucks as things that people in Penn. cling to? ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
04-21-2008, 10:44 AM
I tend to avoid both politics and religion like the plague!

Pam
04-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Well the polls have been open in Pennsylvania for about a half hour now. I am so glad to see this day arrive. The commercials on TV are relentless "I am Barack Obama and I approve this message." "I am Hillary Clinton and I approve this message." I don't know how I will get through the general election in my right mind. :p

Edwina's Secretary
04-22-2008, 12:23 PM
... The commercials on TV are relentless "...I don't know how I will get through the general election in my right mind. :p

Turn off the television???? :D :D :rolleyes: :p :D :D

Pam
04-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Turn off the television???? :D :D :rolleyes: :p :D :D

That's not an option. :) I just have to become more proficient at hitting the Mute button. Hubby is more skilled at that than I am. :p

RICHARD
04-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Well the polls have been open in Pennsylvania for about a half hour now. I am so glad to see this day arrive. The commercials on TV are relentless "I am Barack Obama and I approve this message." "I am Hillary Clinton and I approve this message." I don't know how I will get through the general election in my right mind. :p

LOL, Did you approve THIS message?

--------

I kinda shunned the T.V. until I had to watch something.....I was very interested in the non-reporting based on the exit polling.

How many votes did Dewey get? ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I got this in my email this morning. I thought it was funny, but I'm easily amused. ;)

THEY WALK AMONG US!

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail
I was at the checkout of a K-Mart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I
gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46 .64. I gave the
money back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor.
She became indignant and informed me she was educated and knew what she
was doing, and returned the money again. I gave her the money back again,
same scenario! I departed the store with the $46.64.

They Walk Among Us and Many Work Retail
I walked into a Starbucks with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon
for a Grande Latte. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a
little chalkboard that said "buy one- g et one free." "They're already
buy-one-get-one-free," she said, "so I guess they're both free"
She Handed me my free Lattes and I walked out the door.

They Walk Among Us!
One day, I was walking down the beach with some Friends when one
of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!" Someone looked Up at the
sky and said, �Where?�

They Walk Among Us!
While looking at a house, my brother asked the real Estate
agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't

want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the

sun rise in the north?" When my brother explained that the sun

rises in the East, and has for sometime, she shook her head

and said, "Oh I don't keep up with all that stuff."

They Walk Among Us!!
I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One
day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call
center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open

24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern

or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."

They Walk Among Us!
My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut
through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

They Walk Among Us!
My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases
were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The
cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount .

They Walk Among Us!
I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went

to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags

never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because

she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now,"

she asked me, has your plane arrived yet?"

They Walk Among Us!
While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza

to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he
would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time
before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry
enough to eat 6 pieces."

Yep, They Walk Among Us!

They Walk Among Us,

and they Reproduce,

and Worst of all ............

THEY VOTE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.0/1296 - Release Date: 2/24/08 12:19 PM

lizbud
05-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Indiana Polls Open In: 02 Days, 15 Hrs, 10 Min and I can't wait.

More political ads on TV and phone calls everyday are driving me crazy.
(Your political party is exempt from the no-call list)

Cinder & Smoke
05-03-2008, 03:35 PM
... phone calls everyday are driving me crazy.

(Your political party is exempt from the no-call list)

Yeah ... YOUR party, MY, party, and THEIR party are ALL exempt
and are allowed to call anyone whose number they can find!

:mad:

Pam
05-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Indiana Polls Open In: 02 Days, 15 Hrs, 10 Min and I can't wait.

Well I know that Hillary will get at least one vote in Indiana. :p

Liz, I couldn't wait for the TV and radio spots to end either. How will we get through the general election?!

Medusa
05-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Right now, none of it is bothering me; not sure why. It's when it gets down to the actual two candidates and the 30 minute long messages start that I want to throw something at the TV.

lizbud
05-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Right now, none of it is bothering me; not sure why.

Easy for you to say, you've already voted in OHIO. LOL :)

lizbud
05-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Well I know that Hillary will get at least one vote in Indiana. :p

Liz, I couldn't wait for the TV and radio spots to end either. How will we get through the general election?!

Oh Pam, she might get a few more too.:) :p

Indiana Polls Open In: 02 Days, 09 Hrs, 57 Min & counting.

Medusa
05-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Easy for you to say, you've already voted in OHIO. LOL :)

True. :p

Pam
05-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh Pam, she might get a few more too.:) :p

Indiana Polls Open In: 02 Days, 09 Hrs, 57 Min & counting.

It's almost time Liz. I know you will be glad! Things are looking good for *your girl* in your home state according to what they are saying now in some news reports.

lizbud
05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
It's almost time Liz. I know you will be glad! Things are looking good for *your girl* in your home state according to what they are saying now in some news reports.

Well, I voted about a hour ago. Had to wait in line which was unusual for a primary. They say about 150,000 new voters registered this year. I am so
glad it's over till November. No TV ads and no more calls today.:D

RICHARD
05-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Guess who owns a flag pin now.

Isn't that a false sense of patriotism?:confused:

kitten645
05-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Yay Pam and Liz! :p Hilary is my candidate too. I think it's exciting that people are actually interested/annoyed/ ALIVE about this election. I've never seen so much energy and I think it's a positive thing ...even if it bothers people. It's time to get bothered. I think Hamas (sp?) "endorsing" Obama is intersting and increcibly stupid. How dumb do they think we are? (they walk among us withstanding! ) If nothing else it's entertaining!:D
Claudia

Pam
05-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Yay Pam and Liz! :p Hilary is my candidate too. I think it's exciting that people are actually interested/annoyed/ ALIVE about this election.

Whoa! I must have confused you somewhere along the way with my posts. :) I am NOT a Hillary fan, nor am I a particular fan of Obama or McCann. Liz is a Hillary fan. For the first time ever, there is no candidate that I would like to see elected from the group that we have to select from. *sigh* Hubby feels the same way and said he may even stay home. :(

RICHARD
05-13-2008, 11:47 AM
One of BO's staffers resigned becuase he had some kind of connection with Hamas.

Why in the fricking world would you want to have contact before an election with a bunch of idiots like that?

I more and more get the feeling that BO isn't the one running for president....It's his wife and some other back door cronies that put him up to it.

Grace
05-13-2008, 12:04 PM
2 McCain aides resigned just recently because they had represented Myanmar's ruling junta.

Seems like the people who are supposed to do the vetting should also leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I just read this -

The Texas megachurch pastor whose past comments about the Catholic Church have caused headaches for John McCain for over two months will issue an apology to Catholics later today, according a top Christian conservative.

John Hagee, pastor of San Antonio's Cornerstone Church, will send a letter to Catholic League President William Donahue expressing "deep regret for any comments that Catholics have found hurtful."

"After engaging in constructive dialogue with Catholic friends and leaders, I now have an improved understanding of the Catholic Church, its relation to the Jewish faith, and the history of anti-Catholicism," Hagee wrote in a letter running just over two pages.

In a carefully-coordinated plan, Donahue accepted the apology with a statement of his own.

“The tone of Hagee’s letter is sincere," Donahue said. "He wants reconciliation and he has achieved it. Indeed, the Catholic League welcomes his apology."

The conservative leader who shared the letter said McCain's campaign was not involved at all in encouraging Hagee to apologize.

Donahue has been among Hagee's most outspoken critics and called on McCain to repudiate the pastor soon after Hagee endorsed the Republican in March.

Hagee has drawn fire for describing Catholicism as "a Godless theology of Hate" and, what some have interpreted as, "the Great Whore."

Hoping to knock Mike Huckabee out of the race, McCain secured Hagee's public endorsement in the days before the March 4th Texas primary. But since then, the GOP candidate has been dogged by questions over why he would accept support from somebody who not only has criticized Catholics but also asserted that Hurricane Katrina was part of God's punishment for the decadence of New Orleanians.

McCain has not disavowed Hagee's endorsement, but has said that it was probably a mistake to pursue. A spokesperson for the candidate declined to comment on Hagee's apology

Pam
05-13-2008, 12:30 PM
This is where my support was. :( I hope he can stir the pot at the convention. Oh I can wish can't I......

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/05/12/ron-pauls-revenge/?icid=100214839x1202022594x1200071364

momoffuzzyfaces
05-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Well,we still have Ralph Nader!! :rolleyes::D

I did hear another Republican has pulled out of the party and will be running independently. I can't remember his name for the life of me. I don't think I've even heard of him before. :):confused:

Grace
05-13-2008, 01:26 PM
This is where my support was. :( I hope he can stir the pot at the convention. Oh I can wish can't I......

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/05/12/ron-pauls-revenge/?icid=100214839x1202022594x1200071364

Well his supporters managed to throw a wrench in the Nevada State Convention. My husband is a huge fan of Dr. Paul.

I did hear another Republican has pulled out of the party and will be running independently. I can't remember his name for the life of me. I don't think I've even heard of him before.

That would be Bob Barr, former congressman from Georgia. He hopes to be the Libertarian Presidential candidate.

Cinder & Smoke
05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Well,we still have Ralph Nader!! :rolleyes: :D

Or, we could try to get Our Boy Dennis (the Cleveland Menace) to rejoin the race!

:eek:

Pam
05-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Well his supporters managed to throw a wrench in the Nevada State Convention. My husband is a huge fan of Dr. Paul.

Your husband would fit in quite nicely in my family. My hubby, son, daughter, son-in-law and daughter-in-law, as well as myself were hoping that Dr. Paul would some day be President Paul. *sigh*

lizbud
05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Guess who owns a flag pin now.

Isn't that a false sense of patriotism?:confused:

I think it was a fashion accessory.:rolleyes: He was speaking before a military group.

I am split off from my family in my presidential choice. Very first time
that's ever happened, so it feels sorta weird. We are all Democrats, born
and bred , and do agree on most other important issues.

RICHARD
05-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey, If BO can win the primaries in the 7 new states, he's a shoo in.

When did the U.S. gain 7 states?- OH, I think that BO meant North and South Viet Nam, by default. South Korea, Panama and Grenada, and Iraq twice. :confused:

I think he was dwelling on the Heinz 57 thing that happened in '04.

-----------------

And there should be a law that states, "At no time will a candiate's spouse be allowed to give an interview, stand in front of any video recording device, use any microphone and/or be listened to during any campaign."

I am so effing tired of the Billster and the Omarosa Obama! Dude and Dudette-HRC and BHO- if you don't want you spouses to sink your ship, keep them tied up at the quay.

It really looks stupid when they walk out in front of an audience, make a stupid comment, claim they were misquoted and then have to be defended by you during an interview.

They are along for the ride, remora style. Or like a HAGFISH.....lovely creatures, they is!

I can hardly wait until after November whatever...:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Hey, If BO can win the primaries in the 7 new states, he's a shoo in.

When did the U.S. gain 7 states?- OH, I think that BO meant North and South Viet Nam, by default. South Korea, Panama and Grenada, and Iraq twice. :confused:

I think he was dwelling on the Heinz 57 thing that happened in '04.

-----------------

Maybe he was including the state of confusion! :eek:

What a mess that the states of Fl and Mi seem to be in. It's not their faults really. They were warned if they moved their primaries, the votes wouldn't count. They moved them any way. Now HRC really really really wants the votes to count. So, should the party be allowed to change the rules of the game, which they created, now just because they don't like the results? I didn't think there were any do overs in the run for the oval office. My head hurts!!!

I vote to do away with all parties and just let people run the best they can on what they have! I want someone who cares about "normal" people, not just the wealthy or influencial!

Pam
05-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Well this may be probably a little off the subject, but I just had lunch with an old friend. She said there is no one running that is worth voting for. Amazingly enough, that is how most of my co-workers feel and many acquaintances. To me we are living in the scariest time of our lives with so much unrest all over the globe and horrible financial issues everywhere you look, and these are the people we have to choose from to solve all of this? It makes me ill. I don't know where they are getting the info on polls as to how Obama would do versus McCain or Clinton versus McCain as many people seem to be expressing the same thoughts as what I am hearing. I think it will be an *eenie meanie miney mo* thing in the voting booth with a lot of people. :rolleyes:

Grace
05-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I live in Michigan, and the early primary fiasco was helped along by Debbie Dingell, wife of Congressman John Dingell. She wanted to do a favor for her friend, HRC.

We all knew, long before the primary date, that the Democratic delegates wouldn't be seated, and none of the Democrats campaigned here.

They made their bed; they can suffer the consequences.

I didn't vote for one simple reason. When you went to the polls that day, you had to state a party preference. That has NEVER happened before, in this state. Then the respective lists of Republicans and Democrats would be sent to the National parties - and they could harass us to their hearts content.

I get enough junk mail and robo-calls without adding more.

lizbud
05-21-2008, 04:33 PM
I didn't vote for one simple reason. When you went to the polls that day, you had to state a party preference. That has NEVER happened before, in this state.

They do the same thing here. They need to know which ballot to give you.

Anyone who was involved in the Michigan/Florida mess sure didn't do
HRC any favors. She was heavly favored in both states.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM

I'm an Independent and my caller ID about explodes from "un named" calls now. Seems the Independents are really popular this voting season. :rolleyes:

Grace
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
They do the same thing here. They need to know which ballot to give you.

Anyone who was involved in the Michigan/Florida mess sure didn't do
HRC any favors. She was heavly favored in both states.

In past primaries, we received just one ballot. But we are told that we can only vote for one party, in the primary, or our ballot will be invalidated. This was totally different, and if it continues, I will no longer vote in primaries.

So much for the privacy of the voting booth :(

Karen
05-21-2008, 05:09 PM
I didn't vote for one simple reason. When you went to the polls that day, you had to state a party preference. That has NEVER happened before, in this state. Then the respective lists of Republicans and Democrats would be sent to the National parties - and they could harass us to their hearts content.

It was that way years ago here, but you could then, right after you voted, visit another table of election volunteers and change your status back to "unenrolled." Maybe something to check into for next election time for you.

Grace
05-21-2008, 05:21 PM
It was that way years ago here, but you could then, right after you voted, visit another table of election volunteers and change your status back to "unenrolled." Maybe something to check into for next election time for you.

Thanks, I'll check into that here. The only thing I worry about is that the original list will be sent off without updating.

If we're really lucky, they won't use that format here again.

One other thing, that having to declare your party, and the lists being sent to the 2 major parties - the ACLU sued the state about that. No, they didn't want it to go away; they sued so that every minor party would also get copies. Some days you simply can't win.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/onalimb.gif

RICHARD
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I have to giggle about the stupid statements that the "next presidents" are making.

I guess you are as good as your next "story".

I'd remember getting shot at! So, we can get on HRC for that bobble.

BO can claim some kind of ignorance-57 by last count-of the story about his uncle. He wasn't there and six months is a long time to spend in an attic.

Funny, how the story comes out a few days AFTER the polls show BO behind in getting the Jewish voters on his side.

I am expecting the McCain camp to make a statement later on saying that he was the man that the character in Rambo was patterened after.

I know, John Kerry tried it last time.....;)

Pam
05-29-2008, 05:40 AM
I am expecting the McCain camp to make a statement later on saying that he was the man that the character in Rambo was patterened after.

LOL! LOL! Oh and don't forget we all wouldn't be here except for Al Gore. Remember, he invented the internet! :p:p:p

RICHARD
05-29-2008, 07:43 AM
LOL! LOL! Oh and don't forget we all wouldn't be here except for Al Gore. Remember, he invented the internet! :p:p:p

PLEASE, DO NOT HIDE OUTSIDE MY MOM'S HOUSE AND LISTEN TO OUR CONVERSATIONS!

THat's funny, AG and the internet did come up last nght!:p

RICHARD
05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
O.k.

I THINK I get it now.

After the rev. Wright came out and made his points about how evil the U.S. of K.K.K.A. is, there was an underlying uproar about how different churches/religions are across the U.S. I guess you have different rules of conduct and decorum according to the type of church, who attends and who holds court during services.

I was watching the idiot reverend doing his skit about HRC and her tears when I noticed the shots of the people in the gallery behind him.

I wasn't sure if that was a service in a comedy club or a comedy routine done in a church! Change the circumstances and you'd have a controversy to end all controversies! I thought I was watching the crowd at an athletic event-the high fives, fist pumps, pointing fingers and laughing at this bozo's comments made me wonder.

First of all, BO filed another press release that the statements made by this bonehead are not 'reflective' of his views. Hey stupid! Your place of worship keeps inviting eggheads to speak at YOUR PLACE OF WORSHIP and they keep you and your handlers having to spin you back into control. The rev makes an apology about his comments.

BO isn't in control of his campaign, not now, not ever.

When I hear someone make a stupid comment-yes, I listen to myself on occasion- Then I hear them apologize, claim they were taken out of context, claim they misspoke or were victims of 'bad editing', I really lose any interest in hearing them speak again, if at all.

In the long run it's O.K. to associate with radicals, loudmouths and idiots.
You just take their donations, counsel and votes for now-You'll forget about them later on, just like we will.:rolleyes:

Pam
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
O.k.
First of all, BO filed another press release that the statements made by this bonehead are not 'reflective' of his views. Hey stupid! Your place of worship keeps inviting eggheads to speak at YOUR PLACE OF WORSHIP and they keep :

I agree Richard. What are the odds that there are only two nut cases spouting off cr@p from that pulpit. :rolleyes: Honestly, it did look like a comedy club, albeit not a very funny one. :eek:

Medusa
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
The rev makes an apology about his comments.

When an apology begins w/the word "if", the apology is insincere. "If I offended anyone...blah blah blah..." Yes, you have offended someone because they just told you that you did! The proper apology would sound something like "I have offended ________ and for this, I am sorry and do humbly apologize". No if about it. Politicians, especially, "if" w/us enough as it is.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Well, that priest ( if you can really call him that) offended ME!!! No wonder so many people are turning away from religion!!! Church is a place to go to worship God, not spout hate and make fun of anyone or express your political point of view. I wonder if either the priest or Wright even ever read a Bible!!! They sure don't seem to have the same one I have!!!

That priest seemed to think he was doing stand up comedy ... and very badly too, I might add!!! I'm sure God does not appove of having his house of worship treated like a comedy club!!!!

I would probably have yelled at that priest to shut up, gave him a piece of my mind then left!!! :(

Medusa
05-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes, I agree w/you; the church is a place to partake of spiritual food, not political ranting. I have no problem w/a spirited sermon. I don't go to church to catch up on my sleep. But to be screamed at and for the priest to spew his venom about Hillary Clinton, or any political subject for that matter, in such a disturbing and hateful way is just unacceptable and shameful. It wasn't the Sermon on the Mount, that's for sure. He said earlier that Jeremiah Wright is one of his best friends and that's evident w/out his ever having said that. They have the same gestures, body stance and delivery. Not exactly salve for the soul.

RICHARD
05-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Guess which one of the candidates made this gaffe?

At a Memorial Day event they looked over the crowd and said something like,
"I see the fallen heroes in the crowd"?

Yep, that's the correct answer!

lizbud
06-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Guess which one of the candidates made this gaffe?

At a Memorial Day event they looked over the crowd and said something like,
"I see the fallen heroes in the crowd"?

Yep, that's the correct answer!

I hear that speech & know who it was, and that's not an exact quote,
but it's close.:)

Did you hear that BO has resigned from the Chicago church with the
"strange" speakers?

RICHARD
06-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I hear that speech & know who it was, and that's not an exact quote,
but it's close.:)

Did you hear that BO has resigned from the Chicago church with the
"strange" speakers?

I see fallen heroes!

-------

He did some kind of speech in Washington State.

IT was at a park where the local government had a memorial for fallen cops.
The people who work for BO arranged to have the porta potties right next to the monument. A local cop called the BO campaign to get an apology for it.

The BO camp told him that the heads had to be placed there for security and the handicapped- no apology, just an excuse.

-----------------

The reason he left the church is that it's time to get rid of all dead weight.

The funniest part about the whole fiasco is the reason that he gave.

He wanted to keep the parishoners from getting caught up in the circus and blamed the media!

The 'flock' was just as much to blame for not morons preach that crap.

I started to laugh when he made a statement about putting his kids in a church to pray and go to Sunday school. I guess he must have been unconcious when he attended services and signed the kids up for school.

During his speech yesterday I was looking at the clock and from the 7:15 to the 7:20 time frame he "ummed" 40 times.

I try to listen to every candidate speak, but this guy no tiene gracia para hablar!

He had no grace, no tempo, no style with out a que card or notes.

GWB may mangle the language, but he is fun to listen too and has no problem wearing the jester's hat.

The difference is knowing you are being laughed at and pretending you don't notice.:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Aren't you just shocked that McCain refuses to support a bill that would grant military personnel better education benefits???? (Also known as the GI Bill.) He says it is because a study says it would increase people leaving the military by 16%.

He fails to mention the same study says it would increase people going into the military by 16%.

Sounds like a wash to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess he thinks those in the military should just do what he did....marry a really rich woman!

caseysmom
06-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Aren't you just shocked that McCain refuses to support a bill that would grant military personnel better education benefits???? (Also known as the GI Bill.) He says it is because a study says it would increase people leaving the military by 16%.

He fails to mention the same study says it would increase people going into the military by 16%.

Sounds like a wash to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess he thinks those in the military should just do what he did....marry a really rich woman!

Mccain is getting scarier all the time but luckily I don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell Obama's popularity is pretty reassuring.

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Poor women marry rich AHs all the time.

Everyman's dream is to marry rich, plus she get free friggin beer too!

I'd rather have a Rich recovering drug addict/drunk as the first lady, rather than the EVIL effing Omarosa Obama.

Um.......ummmmmmmmmm....ahhhhhhhh.....ummmmmmmm... ....ummmmmmm.

-------------

BO has the right people in his corner.

Hugo Chavez, Hamas and some other despot morons from across the planet on his side. I am sure he'll lend them an ear.......or two.

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Try and stay on point RICHARD. We are discussing McCain's failure to support the military. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

caseysmom
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Poor women marry rich AHs all the time.

Everyman's dream is to marry rich, plus she get free friggin beer too!

I'd rather have a Rich recovering drug addict/drunk as the first lady, rather than the EVIL effing Omarosa Obama.

Um.......ummmmmmmmmm....ahhhhhhhh.....ummmmmmmm... ....ummmmmmm.

-------------

BO has the right people in his corner.

Hugo Chavez, Hamas and some other despot morons from across the planet on his side. I am sure he'll lend them an ear.......or two.

He also has a majority of Americans, thankfully.

Medusa
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
During his speech yesterday I was looking at the clock and from the 7:15 to the 7:20 time frame he "ummed" 40 times.

I try to listen to every candidate speak, but this guy no tiene gracia para hablar!

He had no grace, no tempo, no style with out a que card or notes.

It's painful for me to listen to him speak. I can't take all the uh's and um's. I hit the mute button once so that I could read the captions instead but they actually included the uh's and um's! Maddening!

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 12:52 PM
He also has a majority of Americans, thankfully.

I think you are mistaken, Hillary has set the record for popular votes.:):rolleyes:

ES,
There are a few things going on as far as Vet's bills go. Check them out.
I don't like staying on point, It hurts my rear end.

----------

BO has the "Puppy Voters" on his side.

What is a Puppy Voter?

Walk into a room where you have a litter of puppies.

Those dogs will mob you, tails a wagging and weeing all over themselves because they don't know any better. You could be there to take them to the pound, kill them for food or put them into a burlap sack and drown them in the river.

People have the same idea toward BO, the wag their tails, wee on themselves and mob the guy because they don't know any better.

As an American I want change too. But tell me what it is before I get on the bandwagon, otherwise you are bigger idiot for thinking that a stupid, catch all phrase with get me to vote for you.

P.S. For the record, even I know there are 58 states, not 57.

Hillary has baggage-in the form of a ummm, buffoning spouse, but I admire her stick to-it-ive-ness.

McCain has his own, ummm problems, He can't wave bye bye, his wife was a drunk,drug addicted rich broad that ummm, gets free beer for life (Damn, I love that woman).

And McCain will probably make up a story that he was shot down ummm, in a jet and was in a POW camp for 7 years.

EVERYONE KNOWS HE STAYED AT THE HANOI HILTON for pete's sake.

Lady's Human
06-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Looking at the county by county maps of the states, Barack is going to have a tough row to hoe to win the general election. He does very well in urban areas........but barely registers on the radar in most rural counties.

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Looking at the county by county maps of the states, Barack is going to have a tough row to hoe to win the general election. He does very well in urban areas........but barely registers on the radar in most rural counties.

It's dem durn Bible thumpin' gun collectin' xenophobes that are gonna vote their conscience.........

I gots a chaw if you likken some.;):D

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2008, 03:44 PM
ES,
There are a few things going on as far as Vet's bills go. Check them out.
I don't like staying on point, It hurts my rear end.

Then try standing on your head. :D

barrycheadle
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
well put... hell could be on earth? it certainly is, washington DC

lizbud
06-03-2008, 04:27 PM

-------------

Do we have such a person running currently?

I'd personally like to see a capable woman as our next President and not
a man this time. Women have been waiting for years to see this happen.

lizbud
06-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Hot off the presses: HRC agrees to end race & will accept the VP spot.

Pam
06-03-2008, 05:08 PM

Shouldn't she wait to be offered the position? :p

Gracefulsarah
06-03-2008, 05:09 PM

Yes, but how long after the election will she wait until she has BO assassinated? ;)

caseysmom
06-03-2008, 05:19 PM

I don't think this is coming from her, her office still says the conceding to Obama rumor is false.

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 05:44 PM

Jennifer Love Hewitt is hot, can we have her?;):confused: Otherwise, I vote for Maggie Thatcher or Sister Mary Thomas, my first grade teacher! She could kick the arse of 30 Catholic kids at once. She didn't negotiate and was retty good with that pointer stick.:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2008, 06:18 PM
It's dem durn Bible thumpin' gun collectin' xenophobes that are gonna vote their conscience.........

I gots a chaw if you likken some.;):D

Hey, I resent that! I am from a small town and my dad always had guns around. (yes I know how to shoot one too!!! Don't like them but can still shoot them)))
Now be nice or I'll whack you with my Bible!!! (and I have several of those too!!!))) :p :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes, but how long after the election will she wait until she has BO assassinated? ;)

I've thought of that too!!! Nothing she and Bill do would surprise me!
I'm gonna write my own name in!!! I wonder how my 4 cats would like living in the White House!!! :D

lizbud
06-03-2008, 06:35 PM

Why be shy about it? :)

lizbud
06-03-2008, 06:38 PM

Funny.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2008, 07:11 PM

I don't think "shy" is even in her vocabulary! :D

Pam
06-03-2008, 07:30 PM

I am hearing reports that people feel she is stealing Obama's thunder on his big day by inserting herself into the picture. They say that timing is everything. :rolleyes:

Gracefulsarah, you are not the first person whom I have heard make that comment. :eek:

MOFF you have my vote!! :cool:

RICHARD
06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey, I resent that! I am from a small town and my dad always had guns around. (yes I know how to shoot one too!!! Don't like them but can still shoot them)))
Now be nice or I'll whack you with my Bible!!! (and I have several of those too!!!))) :p :D

Sit with me and let's talk this over......I got some chaw and 'shine to help pass the time!

-------

I went to Catholic school, women with bibles in hand don't scare me....:eek:;)

---------

One thing that makes me giggle silly is the people "behind the scenes" who are running the campaigns- the advisors.

They are like lawyers with out the degree...They try to paint a rosy picture of the person that hired them, they get paid, win or lose-They come up with the dumbest strategies. I think they are scummier than the politicians themselves.:eek:

Gracefulsarah
06-04-2008, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=Pam;2020359]
Gracefulsarah, you are not the first person whom I have heard make that comment. :eek:
QUOTE]

She just scares the *!#$ out of me. I don't think there's any level she and/or Bill wouldn't stoop to in order to be "in power" again.

Edit: I can't get the quote thingy to work properly. Hmmm...

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Sit with me and let's talk this over......I got some chaw and 'shine to help pass the time!

-------

I went to Catholic school, women with bibles in hand don't scare me....:eek:;)

---------

How about a woman with a Bible, a splitting headache, and 4 grouchy cats? :)
Scared yet? ;)

RICHARD
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Scared yet? ;)

I think that's it!

----------

Did anyone see the story about the 'artist' in New York that did a show on HRC and BO? He put up window signs that said The assassination of HRC and BO. I was watching a Mexican TV station and couldn't follow all the details. I think the Secret Service-Oh, lol! I almost wrote the SEACREST SERVICE! -made him take down the word assassination!

I really shudder when I hear something like that. I know that we all have the freedom of speech, but it's a spooky thought anyway.

Two things come to mind, the movie Taxi Driver and the book, DEAD ZONE, by Stephen King, also made into a movie.

We really don't need anything like that happening during the run up to the election.

smokey the elder
06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Scared yet? ;)

That reminds me of an old Paula Poundstone routine about being President while PMSing. "You're starting trouble while I'm retaining water?!" she shouts.:D:p

lizbud
06-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I was feeling kind of bummed about HRC not winning the race until I
saw this article today. Pretty much sums up the whole thing.:)

Keeping the pace to the finish line is a win for Clinton
Mary Schmich
June 6, 2008

Thank you, Hillary Clinton. Thank you for not quitting before it was time.

Clinton has driven a lot of people nuts by staying in a contest they decided should be over because they wanted it to be. They wanted her out before the vote in Indiana. Before the vote in West Virginia and Kentucky. Before Puerto Rico, Oregon, Montana, South Dakota.

And every time I heard the self-appointed umpires try to end the game while Clinton had a plausible chance, even a small one, I thought of a story one of my sisters told me a long time ago about running high school track.

Because my sister was fast and strong, the coach sometimes made her run with the boys. Girls running with the boys may not sound like a big deal, but in those days it was almost as noteworthy as a woman running for president.

So my sister ran with the guys. But whenever she reached the last stretch, she slowed down, which meant a boy always beat her.

One day the coach called her over and pointed it out. Girls had a habit of doing that, he said, but don't. Don't quit early.

Whether we've all consciously recognized it—and a lot of people haven't yet—it was important that Clinton not quit early.

For her candidacy to matter as much as it might, for it to genuinely advance the possibility of a woman as president in some year before the ice caps melt, she needed to keep the pace all the way to the finish line, even if she didn't cross it first.

Has Clinton been the perfect female candidate? There's no such thing, not if perfect means a woman who can command the votes and respect of everyone, or of every woman. Women are just like everybody else: We vary. So do our political tastes.

So, no, Hillary has not been a perfect candidate; some of what she's said and done has made even her supporters wince.

What she has been is a tough, smart, energetic, passionate campaigner who attracted almost 18 million voters and ran neck-and-neck until the very end.

That's as amazing and inspiring as the fact that she was outrun by Barack Obama, the son of a white Kansas mother and a black Kenyan father.

This week CBS News released a poll on Clinton. It showed that seven in 10 voters think her candidacy will make it easier for other women to run for president.

Seventy-six percent of Democrats said it would. So did 63 percent of Republicans. If she'd quit the race before now, those numbers wouldn't be so high.

"I think she changed forever our understanding of the possibilities of leadership," Gloria Steinem, quoted in the Boston Herald, said this week. "She showed such courage in the face of a media that was trying constantly to get her out of the race and all the misogyny . . . She put up with that with grace. She enlarged my vision."

And then Steinem—a famous feminist who had ardently backed Clinton—said she's going to campaign for Obama.

That's good sportsmanship and good timing, the spirit Clinton should display on Saturday, when she's scheduled to officially step out of the race and endorse Obama.

But if Clinton had gotten out much sooner, we would have spent a lot less time thinking and talking about women's place in politics. Although that would have suited a lot of people fine, we're better off for the discussion.

From here on out—absent some astonishing plot twist—two men, as usual, will be running for president. May the best man win.

But let's give some credit to the woman who broadened our vision, who showed us that girls don't always quit early.

RICHARD
06-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Good article.

My opinion on women doing anything is this.

If a woman wants to compete with men, go for it. But, do not complain about getting dirty, literally and figuratively.

By the same token, the men she competes with should offer her the same competition that they would afford another man.

By that I mean, Don't slap her arse during or after a game, don't pull a strength move that she can't match, use guile, brains and a little finesse..
I have been in some of the most satisfying games (behave yourself!) with women when I have played-as opposed to trying to out muscle- them.

----------

Gals will always get the short shrift, menopause, monthlies, hormone comments. The most dangerous opponents to any woman politico are the AHs like Dean and Pelosi- the female basher and the old crow who can't stand to see woman ascend to something they can't or will never be.

They only care for end result, should BO get the House. The salivate over the chance to show up on the White House door step, hat in hand and remind the him about the color of lipstick they were wearing when they kissed his arse.

Ah, politics!

----------

By the same token -no pun intended there, god knows you can't say anything these days without someone playing the race card- I heard two interesting news stories/clips about women and politics.

The woman who called BO and 'inadequate black man'. I was waiting for the backlash of protest against the media for playing the clip of her saying that.
Nothing, nada, zilch.

Then a guest on a news show was asked about who she was going to vote for.....She hinted that her vote was going to BO becaUse he is a ROCK STAR!

WT Ever Loving F does THAT mean?

Why not put Mick Jagger in? Bob Dylan? Axel Rose?

We love our rock stars, but they come with a severe handicap. Drugs, alcohol, vapid personalities and not the best judgement.

Everyday I see a little more clearly.

No one questions BO is inadequate and a rockstar.

God, Have mercy on our souls, our country and the state of Rock and Roll.

AMEN.

RICHARD
06-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Remember this little fact in a few years from now.

There is a heat wave that starts from the tip of Florida and stretches into the Mid Atlantic area.

In FLA there have been blackouts from an overloaded electrical network.

"I can't charge up my electric car to get to work!"
From on extreme to another.

Think about this when you vote in November.

-------------

Oh, Hybrid means.....

Hey, You Bought Right In to the Drivel!

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Ugh,

I am already tired of the effing election. And of the smears!

I heard this one the other day.

MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true.

Also, the Special Action and Election Group of Twelve that BO has hired to give him counsel.

Ahhhhh, win the election first......Ummmm, Ahhhhh, Ummmmmmmm.

Grace
06-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Ugh,

I am already tired of the effing election. And of the smears!

I heard this one the other day.

MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true.

Also, the Special Action and Election Group of Twelve that BO has hired to give him counsel.

Ahhhhh, win the election first......Ummmm, Ahhhhh, Ummmmmmmm.

Would you please provide the sources of your information - thanks.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Please explain to me why some of the politicians are against drilling off our own costs because it will take 5 years to get the system up and running?

Seems to me if we are in this mess now, just think of the mess we will be in 5 years from now if they don't get off their bums and do something NOW!!! :rolleyes:

Sure let China and N Korea suck the area dry when we need the oil too. :confused:

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Would you please provide the sources of your information - thanks.

The new Laura Ingraham show. She made the reference yesterday about the SITC movie-I think it came from MO's sitting in on the View program. All the news programs were tauting the BO committee/gang/group/hangers on that he selected.

-------------

I think that JM was in error when he mentioned the SK's drilling off the coast.

Anyway, we have ourselves to blame for being lazy and too politcally correct.

The gov't. can charge a tax or tariff and donate those proceeds to the Bureau of Land Management and the other agencies that take care of the land and parks....that should keep everyone happy.

Grace
06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
The new Laura Ingraham show. She made the reference yesterday about the SITC movie-I think it came from MO's sitting in on the View program. All the news programs were tauting the BO committee/gang/group/hangers on that he selected.

-------------

I think that JM was in error when he mentioned the SK's drilling off the coast.

Anyway, we have ourselves to blame for being lazy and too politcally correct.

The gov't. can charge a tax or tariff and donate those proceeds to the Bureau of Land Management and the other agencies that take care of the land and parks....that should keep everyone happy.

Laura was wrong. MO took her best friend with her to see SITC, not her daughter.
Don't you think Laura has been a bit off the mark since being banned from her radio station? I watched her new TV show, and thought she was shrill and not so 'together' as she is on the radio. For the most part, I enjoy her radio morning shows; but ended up switching away from the TV. Maybe yesterday she got rattled by that piece with Susan Rice.

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2008, 06:18 PM
The new Laura Ingraham show.

An irrefutable...totally unbiased "news" show!
What??? Not on Stephen Colbert or O'Reilly????

You have given me the best laugh of the week...Laura Ingraham show as a "source".....:D:D:D:D:D

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 08:31 PM
An irrefutable...totally unbiased "news" show!
What??? Not on Stephen Colbert or O'Reilly????

You have given me the best laugh of the week...Laura Ingraham show as a "source".....:D:D:D:D:D

I can't help it if I am not riveted to a program, I channel surf a great deal,

I have the attention span of a gnat and just tell ya what I heard, KInda like the people who watch Colbert or O'Reilly faithfully.

I have no knowledge of Ingraham before she showed up on my cable. For all I know Susan Rice is a side dish or some gal from the Food Network!;)

I did preface the MO story as being a smear. I am of the mind that stupid stories are sometimes stupid enough to be true,

Like barring Muslim women from sitting in the gallery at any speech a politician gives.:confused::confused:

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I see...so you were knowingly printing something you call a smear...knowingly repeating malicious gossip.

Nice. Confirms my suspicions...you are a Valley Girl!

RICHARD
06-19-2008, 11:24 PM
I see...so you were knowingly printing something you call a smear...knowingly repeating malicious gossip.

Nice. Confirms my suspicions...you are a Valley Girl!

Valley girl?

Dearest, what the eff are you talking about?

You may be right, I did post a smear. If you go back and read my post VERY CAREFULLY you'll see that I did say that it was 100 percent true and since it showed up on a cable show it is the truth.

I stand by what I heard. I did call it a stupid story, so stupid that it must be true.

I was wrong and you know, it didn't kill me to admit it.
It does make me want to vote Dem in November.......

There ya go, I'm lying again....

--------
I heard CM has this thing going in VietNam, she steals eyes from the U.S. citizens. She sells them to blind people over there......:eek:

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Valley girl?

Dearest, what the eff are you talking about?

Well...you spend your time worrying about what kind of jewelry people wear, make fun of how others talk, spread knowlingly false gossip...and gossip, gossip, gossip! You give people silly nicknames (insulting of course!)

Any attempt to divert the conversation to issues bores you ...unless it let's you make fun of people.

(And...oh here comes another one of those ANNOYING facts...not all hyrid get plugged it to the electric grid. Some use the energy produced by the engine -- or the brakes to produce the electricity that runs the engine in idle.)

You remind me of those giggly valley girls. Fluff.

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Yes, I am posting again. It really bothers me what you did. You know posting this.... MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true is the same dirty trick Bush's committee/gang/group/hangers did to McCain in the 2000 primary in South Carolina.

Bush's people conducted telephone interviews. They asked if the person was bothered that McCain had fathered a black child. Classic. The McCains did adopt a child from...I do not remember India or Africa -- with dark skin - so it wasn't a lie. He is the father of a black child.

But that wasn't the point. By saying it, repeating it, the pollsters gave credence to an image intended to put people off McCain.

And that is what you are trying to do. You can hide behind RICHARDspeak. But to repeat something you know is false is ....well false.

RICHARD
06-20-2008, 12:46 AM
You remind me of those giggly valley girls. Fluff.

LOL,

I have dressed up as a woman for some fun work events, So maybe I have some transvestite tendencies.

The same people I make fun of are the same idiots that laugh at me after I voted them into office.

I apologize for making fun of hybrid cars. I was always under the impression that you needed a really long extension cord to own one.

They do take more to energy to make and maintain-I can hardly wait to see where we are going to dump the used batteries.;) We can worry about that when we get to the fork in the road, until then, Kumbaya!

The one comforting thing to me is the fact that some people realize that I don't make too much sense and steer clear of my rantings.

If you think you have reached this number in error, hang up and try again?

------------

And, I am not insulted by you comparing me to a valley girl. It's kinda funny- I always suspected that I do like women over men. Does that make me weird?:o:rolleyes:

lizbud
06-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Some stupid stories are just that, stupid stories.:rolleyes:

Well, the TV ads are back. BO has started his in Indiana already, plus,
we have a Governor race & a seat in Congress to fill this time.

RICHARD
06-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Well, the TV ads are back. BO has started his in Indiana already, plus,
we have a Governor race & a seat in Congress to fill this time.

I just saw the Baby Alex commercial.

That was precious.

--------

I loved the idiot punchline....."You can't have him!"

I did miss out on the "My name is Borat Obama and I approve this message." tagline.

Dang, I am glad that I don't have any kids.

I never knew that there was a political party that steals kids for their own nefarious needs.

Actually,

http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_9654287?IADID=Search-www.dailynews.com-www.dailynews.com

I'd love to see what that phone bill looks like!

I find that getting 'robocalls' from machines or humans make me less likely to do or follow anything they are calling about.

It's annoying, a waste of time and just a way any politician gets to pimp resources for free.

------------

I do agree that it's a way to get kids into politics.

Maybe BO can go around and change the diapers on the children he doesn't want JM to kidnap.:confused: That should win him their votes.

lizbud
06-22-2008, 04:23 PM
I like the baby Alex ad. Boy, McCain made a big mistake it saying how he
would keep troops in Iraq for 100 years if he thought he was winning in
that country. (winning what, I don't know):rolleyes:

He might have thought it was a good idea but he should never have
said this publicly. Bad move on his part.

Pam
06-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Liz, I thought McCain said he would only keep a 'presence' in Iraq for the next 50 years or so, much like we have in other countries. I could be wrong I suppose.

Well I have only seen a few commercials so far but I know it will heat up to the point of nausea. :rolleyes: You won't hear me getting behind either candidate this year. As my husband says, we are in big trouble this time with the two we have to choose from. I heard an interesting statistic the other day on the news. Apparently somewhere like 17% to 18% of the people vote for a candidate because they like their spouse. Now that is a rock solid reason to vote for someone. :rolleyes:

lizbud
06-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I heard an interesting statistic the other day on the news. Apparently somewhere like 17% to 18% of the people vote for a candidate because they like their spouse. Now that is a rock solid reason to vote for someone. :rolleyes:

LOL.:) It's about as good as voting for someone wearing a flag pin, or not,
as the case may be.:)

I think both sides are trying to "flesh out" the candidate by introducing
the wives to the general public.

p.s. I could never see what Laura ever saw in GWB. She is such a sweet
lady.:)

RICHARD
06-24-2008, 07:22 AM
I was watching the BBC yesterday and they managed to track down the guy that was McCain's keeper while he was in the POW camp.

He backed McC as a person he would vote for in the election if he could.

I wonder if McC's parole officer feels the same?:confused:

----------------

Since I am the official Fashion Reporter for the Dog House....

After MO's appearance on the Chickfest (The View) TV show, there was a report that people were looking to buy the same dress that she wore.

First we have Puppy Voters, now we have Puppy Dressers!:rolleyes:;)

-----

What was the fairy tale in where the newborns were kidnapped from the mothers?

I feel a comedy piece coming on!:eek:

Pam
06-27-2008, 08:18 PM
So now Hillary and Obama have supposedly begun presenting themselves as a united front after all of the negative talk during the primaries. Isn't it just a matter of 'you help me repay some of my campaign debt and we (HC and BC) will support you in return.' Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? :rolleyes: Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?

RICHARD
06-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? :rolleyes: Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?

Baloney is usually some thing good to eat. This BO/HC crap has an expiration date long in the past.

I always thought that paying women for 'favors' was against the law?
I am shocked! Who said "politics make strange bedfellows"?
------------------

Remember that HC "suspended" her campaign.;)

-----------------

I saw the best cartoon the other day....It showed a couple looking at cereal boxes in a store.

They stopped in front of one that had some BO type slogans on the box.

The punchline was "We read the label, but do not know what's inside. Let's buy this one!"

------------------

I see the ROCK STAR made the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

The headline said it all.;) It gave a perfect explanation of who this candidate is and will be.

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2008, 11:21 AM
So now Hillary and Obama have supposedly begun presenting themselves as a united front after all of the negative talk during the primaries. Isn't it just a matter of 'you help me repay some of my campaign debt and we (HC and BC) will support you in return.' Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? :rolleyes: Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?

Gosh! Has it EVER happened before in the history of politics when two candidates battled it out in the primary and then when one won -- the two presented a united front?

RICHARD
06-28-2008, 11:39 AM
I figured out the BO/Rolling Stone cover.

When I saw it I couldn't figure it out...then it hit me.

It the "JC on the cross, head tilt to the left".

I started to laugh - I could see the editors at the mag getting the cover approved.

He's not only a rock star, he's a god!

----------

I read the article about Mc Cain's Vietnamese jailer, the one that took care of him during his Hanoi Hilton stay....

He said the JM and all the rest of the POWs lied about being tortured.

I knew we couldn't trust him.:eek:

lizbud
06-28-2008, 12:26 PM

Since they are both in the same political party, they must unite if
the party is ever have a chance to put their ideas into positive changes
that will advance this country. They ran the race to represent their party
and now must concentrate on November.

It's just good old American Politics. Just like it was in back in the old
days of Jefferson or Lincoln.:)

Edwina's Secretary
06-28-2008, 12:38 PM

Do you mean...like this???? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23830268/

caseysmom
06-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey but if the republicans do it thats ok!

Pam
06-28-2008, 01:36 PM

I know they must, and they will, unite. I just had to chuckle to myself about the trade-off that is going on with the debt and the endorsement.

Sorry folks (Sara and Caseysmom) you won't find me defending any party this go around. I find both candidates equally unacceptable. May just sit this election out...

The big laugh would be McCain lining up with Romney after the way the two of them went at each other during the debates. Strange bedfellows indeed all around. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
06-28-2008, 01:37 PM
I can't figure out why Hillary expects Obama to pay HER campaign debt?
Weird!!! :rolleyes: