PDA

View Full Version : Had my day at the Day Spa today

Medusa
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
My son gave me a gift card for the works for Mothers' Day last year and I hadn't used it so I figured I'd better use it before it expired. I had a session in the hydra tub, which was a real experience. The jets were so powerful! I'm a measly 5'2" and ????? pounds ;) (don't ask; ya don't stand a chance of finding out) and I tried to lie back but my legs kept floating up to the surface and I was bobbing around like a cork! I had to hold on to the bars for dear life! It was still nice, though, and it got some kinks out of the ol' bod. And some of the jets were placed in, shall we say, rather strategic areas of the anatomy. I had an hour long massage after that, then a nice warm shower w/more jets coming from everywhere and hoses that I was too embarrassed to ask what they were for. Then I was served a scrumptious champagne lunch of my choice, so I chose a spinach salad w/warm bacon dressing, fresh fruit, bottled water and chocolate cake for dessert. I could have had a manicure after that but my nail tech just did them and I didn't want to undo her handiwork. Then I had a pedicure, followed by getting my hair done. All of it was nice, to be sure, but to get so much done in one day....eh! Too much touching. I can only take so much of that. I always schedule my hair appt. and nail appt. on separate days for that very reason. But I'm not complaining. It was a wonderful gift from my son and expensive, too. He knows that I don't pamper myself much any more since my divorce. My money always goes into my house or for a catastrophe. He said "Mom, take your own advice. Take care of yourself for a change." So I did. And I have my boy to thank for it.

gini
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I am sure glad you did this. You needed to relax and think only of yourself for a change.

Your lunch made me drool!!:D

Catty1
03-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Wow - what a great son you have! (I know you know).

I am sure the spa helped you feel great - and even more, that Glenn is back to health!

Medusa
03-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Yep, he's a good boy. The greatest gift I've ever received is him. Now I'm waiting for news today regarding his EMG and then, hopefully, things can get back to normal.

Freedom
03-19-2008, 07:58 AM
I understand what you mean about too much at once.

But each item individually is . . . BLISS! :D

I rarely get any of it but when I do have one thing done I truly enjoy it.

Medusa
03-19-2008, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=Freedom]each item individually is . . . BLISS! :D [QUOTE]
If I ever get an estimate that I can live with to get my other bathroom remodeled, I'm definitely putting in a spa tub. That was my favorite. A girlfriend has a hot tub and she's invited me in the past to use it but I have to drive for 30 minutes each way and wear a bathing suit because it's in her back yard. Nice offer but no thanks. I'd rather have my jet tub in my bathroom and soak as long as I want. That felt so good. And the pedicure. I'll admit to just keeping my feet clean and slapping on a coat of polish now and then but each time I get a pedicure, I think I should do it as regularly as I do w/my manicures.

cassiesmom
03-19-2008, 10:37 AM
How nice for you, Medusa, you deserve it! :)

kimlovescats
03-19-2008, 10:00 PM
An hour long massage? I wish I could just get a full 10 minute one out of my hubby before he's snoring! :rolleyes: ;)

pitc9
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
I understand what you mean about too much touching.
Unless the touching was being done by a handsome and shirtless man ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

phesina
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh.. what a nice day, Mary! Especially since it was entirely devoted to pampering and taking care of YOU.

And what a wonderful gift from your wonderful son!