PDA

View Full Version : Ginger's gift to me.

Vela
03-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I wasn't ready for another dog. I still cry over Ginger. But for some reason she wanted to help. I don't know if it was to help me or help another dog like her, but on Sunday I picked up Soda's mother from the breeder and she now lives with us. When you see her you will see why it's so odd, and her story is exactly like Ginger's. She was attacked by two other females at the breeders, and was no longer safe living there. That happened on Saturday. The breeder had two other people interested in her if she was ever going to rehome her, but she didn't want to send her to them, she said she felt like she needed to ask us, even though it seemed too soon, if we wanted her. I didn't know, I told her I would have to think about it. I prayed about it, and we discussed it as a family, and felt that Ginger wanted us to take her. She had been through so much just like my Ginger girl. Her breeder said she also felt like she was being told to ask us first. She is a very sweet 5 year old girl. Her name was Raven but we call her Ray, because she is like a Ray of sunshine.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/Velaara/Raven.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/Velaara/raven2yo2.jpg

Freedom
03-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Hi there, Ray,

You new mom really needed a bit of sunshine in her life just now, and it sounds like maybe you needed a change too. I pray that this is a wonderful situation for ALL of you!

Maybe you recognize that Soda boy a little bit? He has a little something that seems 'familiar?" :D

Ginger's Mom
03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Yep, sometimes the time is just right. Some things were meant to be. I think that you and Ray will be perfect for each other. I think you will find that you will both be able to help each other heal from recent events (not forget loved ones, just heal from the deep hurt).

Welcome to Pet Talk, Ray. :)

luvofallhorses
03-18-2008, 05:53 PM
She's absoulutely gorgeous! :) I am pretty sure Ginger sent her to you. she does look like a ray of sunshine. :) Enjoy her! (((hugs)))

Seravieve
03-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Ginger. I tend to steer clear of Dog Mem because its just TOO sad for me. I feel so bad for everyone. :( So again, my deepest apologies.

Ray is just stunning... She reminds me of Eli.. Love the brindling. Aww.. It definitely sounds like Ginger was telling you to take her. Nice of the breeder to call you. How could you ever resist that face?!

Welcome, Ray!

robinh
03-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Just goes to show us all that our loved ones are never far from our sides and they are watching over us long after their passing.

Ray...you have so lucked out. Found a great home with people who will really care about you forever.
:D

RobiLee
03-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Hello Ray!

This is happy news today. I believe this was meant to be. How is everyone getting along so far? I think Ray has found herself a wonderful home. What a lucky girl.

CONGRATS ON THE NEW ADDITION! She is stunning. :D

buttercup132
03-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Aww she is beautiful, she even has the same little strip on her face.
I hope she brings you as much joy as Ginger did.
Do you think her and Soda recongnise each other?

shais_mom
03-18-2008, 06:29 PM
welcome of Ray of Sunshine! :D

Kfamr
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
She is beautiful, Shirley! Absolutely beautiful. How wonderful of Ginger to send her to you especially since she was in such a need to get in a home where the other pups accepted her.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Ray!
We must get pictures of all three ASAP. :)

elizabethann
03-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh Ginger gave you a beautiful gift. Welcome to PT Ray.

chocolatepuppy
03-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Ray! You're a beauty. I know you will help to heal your new mommys broken heart. :)

Alysser
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
WOW :eek: I definitely think this was meant to be. She even looks like her.

I hope Ray can bring some happiness back into your life, Vela. She is such a gorgeous girl. Welcome to PT, Ray! :D

Taz_Zoee
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Awww, she is beautiful! Thank you Ginger for sending her to your mommy. :)

Muddy4paws
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
She is beautiful, I would of taken her as a sign too.

I was wondering how Soda is with her? It must be nice having mum and baby. Is she still going to be used by the breeder or is she going to be spayed now? :)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Ray is just beautiful! This was deffinetly a sign from your beloved Ginger.

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-18-2008, 09:18 PM
She is beautiful! She definitely sounds like she was meant to be with you and that you were meant to have her. Congratulations. :)

K9karen
03-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I totally agree that things happen for a reason. It's never too soon if it's meant to be. That's how my Logan came into my life in the nick of time (thx to RB Cody).

You're not replacing Ginger, you're giving love and safety to Ray, who needs you. Ginger's thrilled, I'm sure..at least that's how I believe it works at the Bridge.

Wishing you all a Long Happy Life!

bckrazy
03-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Ray is stunning! It really was meant to be. : ) I'm sure Ginger is looking on and happy for all of you.

kallisto4529
03-18-2008, 10:45 PM
What a beautiful and wonderful gift!!!! Sometimes we need our babies to tell us which way to go. She is simply beautiful, congratulations to you both.

ramanth
03-18-2008, 11:39 PM
She's beautiful Vela. Bless you for helping her out. Welcome to PT, Ray of Sunshine!!

Giselle
03-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Oh, what a beautiful and touching name. I hope this Ray of sunshine will help your hurt and ease your pain because just her story already has certainly brightened up my day :)

dukedogsmom
03-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Isn't it funny how things happen? When the dog is right, you just know. Ginger sent you a ray of sunshine from her rainbow. Now you know she's watching over you. Hard as it is to have her gone, we're fortunate enough to have room in our hearts to show love to others after our special ones are gone, while still having room to remember our cherished one. Ray is a beautiful dog and I'm glad she has a safe, loving home now. I hope she brings you much happiness.

pitc9
03-19-2008, 07:35 AM
She's beautiful!
Welcome to the Pet Talk Family Ray!

{{HUGS}}

K9soul
03-19-2008, 08:02 AM
I am so very happy for you and for Ray. I know how conflicted you were when we talked about it before you had decided, but even then I had an odd feeling of how much it seemed like destiny ;). And not only is Ray a sweet name, it certainly fits with her registered name of "See Me Shine." Oh yes sweet Ray, you are shining bright as the sun. And we cannot wait to see more of you.

I know Vela intends to get more pictures very soon of her kids. She's just been run ragged by so many things to deal with and take care of and hasn't been feeling well. I just have to cheat a bit though and show this other picture she sent me of sweet Ray getting some loves from her new Momma.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Pet%20Talk/Ray3.jpg

cassiesmom
03-19-2008, 10:30 AM
*Leaky eyes here* Thank you, Ginger! Welcome, Ray of Sunshine! How very nice to meet you this morning. I needed some good news today. Scuse me while I wipe my leaky eyes.

Lori Jordan
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Vela she is beautiful,It is so unfortunate what happend to her.How are you feeling??I think of you often yours and Gingers love is alot like mine and Lacy's.I hope Ray has settled in,How are Soda and Cracker with there new sibling?

Daisy and Delilah
03-19-2008, 01:00 PM
OMG!! This story is so incredible, Vela. Ray is gorgeous. Welcome to PT, Sweetheart!! Thank you for sending Mom a much needed gift, dear Ginger Girl!! Now, I need to get more tissues.

finn's mom
03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Sweet Ginger. Ray is the ultimate gift from a soul who loves you. What an incredible turn of events.

wolf_Q
03-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Ray is very beautiful! I definitely think that it is meant to be. What a wonderful gift from Ginger. I hope we get some photos of all three, I'd love to see gorgeous Cracker and Soda again too. :)

cyber-sibes
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Ray is such a beauty! It does seem like fate that she is with you. I hope you have many many happy years together.

Vela
03-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Been a bit under the weather, still trying to get better, I'll get pics of all three soon though. Soda and Ray don't seem to recognize each other, there is no bond. They all seem to mostly get along okay, few "staring contests" bu so far things are pretty good. I'll post more about them soon. Cracker is just yeah okay whatever, that's my boy hehe.

RobiLee
03-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing pics of the furkids :)

cassiesmom
03-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Vela, how is Ray getting along as the newest member of your family member? How are Cracker and Soda? How are you?