PDA

View Full Version : Meet Seagram

MHMama
08-12-2001, 10:52 AM
This is Seagram. He is our friends' Lab mix. He is 13 years old, has arthritis but still gets around. His owner is the one that Ricky "bit" but Seagram isn't taking it personal.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/q0/aI/bP/hm37686.jpg

mugsy
08-12-2001, 11:21 AM
Seagram is a sweetie. He seems to be very well adjusted. Say hi for me!

Pam
08-12-2001, 11:56 AM
Seagram looks like a sweetheart. I have a soft spot for "senior" doggies. They give us so much in the course of their short lives and it hurts to see them get old and begin to develop arthritis and all of the other ailments that come with age. Before Bella came to live with us in late February it had been 17 years since I lived with a puppy, my last poodle going to the Rainbow Bridge in 1998 at the age of 14 so the year was 1984 when she was a pup. You sort of forget the way the puppy or young dog mind thinks. Maybe that's what happened with Seagram's owner. He never thought that Ricky would do anything like that because his beloved Seagram, being an older sort of guy, is now in his "laid back" years. I'm glad there were no long lasting hard feelings.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-12-2001, 12:21 PM
Seagram looks like a real sweetie and really good for his age. Give him a hug for us.
Jackie :) :)

Angels3
08-12-2001, 05:35 PM
Seagram is sweet & handsome. We're sending lots of pats from Down Under. :)

carrie
08-12-2001, 07:57 PM
Seagram looks spendid ... but not quite what I expected. (Nothing personal, I get the same feeling every morning I look in the mirror.) Having won the 1991 Grand National at Aintree I rather expected him to be bigger and have a little more hair between the ears and down the neck. I'm not trying to take anything away from him but you have to admit that Red Rum looked slightly more up for it 10 years after his glory days.

Seriously, what a love! Do you know if he was named after the racehorse or the company?
( I just love horse racing and the company has a distillery in the town that I was born in!)

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: carrie ]

MHMama
08-12-2001, 08:26 PM
Carrie,
Seagram has never won anything other than everyone's love. You may have him mixed up with another dog. He is just a sweet Lab mix that I thought everyone would enjoy seeing.
He is getting older and his owners have to help him in their motorhome but he still likes to travel. They will be joining us for a rally next month and I am looking forward to all our club members and avid dog and cat lovers meeting him.
:)

Daisy's Mom
08-12-2001, 10:04 PM
Seagram is a very sweet, handsome old gentleman! I love senior pups too. Kisses to him!

Sudilar
08-12-2001, 10:17 PM
Oh, what a cutie! He looks like a "snuggle-bunny" to me!!

carrie
08-13-2001, 03:48 AM
That culture difference still trips me up from time to tim!
Seagram is a very famous racehorse in this country and won the most famous race in the country in 1991. (Red Rum was the only horse to win the race three times and is buried at the finishing post. He was a complete star and would visit Aintree on National day to parade for many years after he was retired.)
Sorry, it was just a little misplaced humour. As soon as I saw the name it made me think of the horse!

AdoreMyDogs
08-13-2001, 06:15 AM
Beautiful boy. He looks alot like my beloved Beener, who went to the rainbow a year and 1/2 ago.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-13-2001, 08:33 AM
Carrie, I do believe you have a sense of Humor, I love it. I have to get my husband's coffee right now (6:31a.m.) but will be asking you a few questions about what I can maybe do about Perry and his being aggressive with kids and other dogs.
By the way, I love horse racing too, but not a big gambler, we went to "Old Del Mar" Racetrack last week, I don't know if you ever heard of it, the Hollywood crowd including Bing Crosby were the group that got it going. It is only about 15 miles from here. At the beginning of every race for the last 50 or 60 years they always play the song "Old Del Mar" which is sung by Bing Crosby. Just a bit of trivia!!!!!!
:D

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

MHMama
08-13-2001, 10:07 AM
Sorry Carrie, I do love your sense of humour but it just sort of went over my head this time. I love horses period but never got into horse racing much since I was never sure if horses got the same treatment as grey hound dogs. I used to be so ignorant about such things as dog racing and rodeos that I was afraid I would find out that race horses suffer too. I did so love Secretarian when I was a child though.
:)