PDA

View Full Version : The astmosphere at my house....

Laura's Babies
03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
I will let the pictures show you that.....

explanation at the bottom of this picture if you need one!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/December%202008/HPIM3601.jpg
That is Boo AND Samantha on the triple bunk bed at the same time. A very common sight now and in Boo's room!
Boo, are you comfy whole Mommie works? I see her laying like this a lot now.
(I am standing streight over top of her.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/December%202008/HPIM3603.jpg
Amy trying out the new floor covering I put down at the front door and into the living area.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/December%202008/HPIM3605.jpg
and here, well, you can just see how stressed out Giz is with the changes in the atsmosphere around here.. :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/December%202008/HPIM3607.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/December%202008/HPIM3609.jpg
Another break through has happened with Boo. Again, she observed me using the shedding tool on Amy and Giz and how much they love it.. YEP! She came to me and LAID down for me to use it on her and I was allowed to use the shedding tool on her for a long time. Got out one of her big knots and today, she has allowed me to use the brush on her twice! What a differance that had made in the shedding she does and how her fur feels and looks! That is a major breakthrough in my book.

Amy is doing better now after her hard fall off the bed that night. She laid around hardly moving or able to walk for a few days afterwards but now she is back to normal. I just can not say enough about how much that Cosequin has helped her. She is so much sweetier now, don't growl when you pet on her, comes and wants to snuggle at night.

I mix Giz's heart meds in can cat food along with Amy and Boo's Cosequin and it is funny how they all go sit in the kitchen waiting for me to decide to give it to them at night. They want nothing more to do with their treats, they want that 1/2 teaspoon of can food they get with their medicines.

Freedom
03-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Aw, makes me feel all warm and melty inside! I can imagine you feel it ten times over, being as how they are YOUR babies, and they are all getting along. :D Took much work on your part, and some expense, but isn't it great when you see the pay off? Gets frustrating when you do all the hard parts and it just doesn't 'take,' so this is really nice to see.

Bless you; and them! Enjoy all the 'atmosphere,' you've earned it!

jenluckenbach
03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Such terrific updates, all around! great photos. BELLY RUBS for Giz!

Donnaj4962
03-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Uh, Laura, you need to do something about the stress level at your house! Poor Giz looks so tense! ;) :rolleyes:

What great pictures and updates! I am so glad that all is going well in the house!

Catty1
03-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Belly rubs for Giz!

Would have LOVED to see Boo deciding to get groomed! That is so great that she loves it...and feels a lot better, I bet.

Best of all - sweet Amy is more comfortable. What have you noticed most about how she moves?

Thinking of all the "I-can-do-it-myself" stunts she has pulled before, I wonder what she'll do next! :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2008, 12:27 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D

Medusa
03-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Such a stressful atmosphere; what a shame. ;)

cassiesmom
03-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Yay, great news! Could you give everyone some lovins for me, please?

Laura's Babies
03-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Catty1-What I have noticed the most about how Amy is moving is how much more she moves around the house. She use to lay all the time, except to eat and go potty, now she is up and moving around so much more.

She is still stiff and trembels but must not hurt like she did before. She'll follow me all day, up and down the hall, where ever I go. Now she gets up on the bed ALL the time and by herself! She use to come up and let me know she was there so I could pick her up but now, she can get up there herself, thank you! I haven't seen that look in her eyes that she use to have that let me know she was miserable or that sad look that she had because she couldn't play like the others do. She came and snuggeled with me in the bed again last night..

Last night, Boo got in my lap and was grooming herself.. It was then that I realized I had not seen her grooming herself before and she worked on a knot she had and pulled it out all by herself. All that loose fur she had, had to make grooming herself so hard, every lick had to bring a mouthfull of fur.

OH! I found some pictures of her from years ago when we lived in Florida! These were before her ear was damaged. Soon as I get them scanned, I will post those of a younger Boo.

And again, I want to thank that wonderful PT'er that sent me 4 boxes of kitty Cosequin that she no longer needed that has made such a differance in Amy's life. I just can not thank you enough!!! Thank you again!

moosmom
03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
What did you do??? Give 'em catnip or something??? Your cats are simply gorgeous!!!!

I think Spring is in the air!! :D

kimlovescats
03-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Laura, it is so wonderful to see that everyone has now settled in to their new roles and you have one big happy family again! :D

I am sooooo sorry to hear of Amy's fall ... that must have scared you to death! Glad to hear that she is recovering from it nicely!

Way to go, Boo girl!!!

RedHedd
03-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Lookin' good! Mitzi was laying just like Giz yesterday - basking in the sun. Schmoozles to all your kitties.

catmandu
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
I Have Has Cats Who Didnt Fit In, Like Boo So I Know Just How Gratified You Are That Shes Coming Around So Well.
And Shes Such A Big Orangette Too. As Always Wonderful Photos Of Your Clowder!!!

phesina
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
What wonderful news, all around!