PDA

View Full Version : Ducky always smells like poop..

buttercup132
03-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I bath him often and he still always smells like poop.
He doesn't have any stuck to him and I'm pretty sure he isn't passing gas because it's all the time.
Anyone know why this could be?
Maybe he just needs baths everyday.

moosmom
03-16-2008, 03:58 PM
The only time Moo or Ari smell like poo is when they are in dire need of a bath. Moo is great. Ari is like wrestling with an octupus!!! I keep those wipes handy for him. Doesn't like them much either.

Might it have something to do with his anal glands???

catmandu
03-16-2008, 04:01 PM
It Definitley Is His Metabolism, Maybe You Could Switch To Dry Food, As The Canned Food Tends To Be A Lot Stronger Odor That The Canned.

Laura's Babies
03-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't think it is a good idea to bathe them every day. Have you watched him in the box? Is he wollowing in it or what? Maybe not cleaning himself good afterwards?

buttercup132
03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Might it have something to do with his anal glands??? I can't belive I never thought of that, I'll check when he gets his next bath. I guess I'm just so used to it being dogs needing their glands done.

Maybe You Could Switch To Dry Food, As The Canned Food Tends To Be A Lot Stronger Odor That The Canned. I can't take him off wet food :( he needs it for his crystals.

I don't think it is a good idea to bathe them every day Ducky will be fine because he has no hair and gets baths alot anyways.

I havn't watched him in the box but his stools are normal.
He probly isn't very good at cleaning himself after I always see the other cats clean their bums but I rarely see Dcuk do it. It's like it grosses him out or something, it can't be because he's fat or anything because he's a perfect weight.

kt_luvs_kitties
03-17-2008, 11:45 PM
I know what it might be! My Kohl stinks of poo alot too :rolleyes:

When he goes to use the potty, he sniffs around a bunch. Then he has the smell on his face. Goes to wash other parts, and the stink is so strong, it gets on other parts of his body :rolleyes: . Watch him in the pan, and see if that it what is happening ;)