PDA

View Full Version : Fruit is GOOD and EVIL!

RICHARD
03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Since we have extolled the evils of grapefruit-Let's try a Fave/NOT-SO-FAVORITE Fruit Thread.

----------------------------

I pretty much like all fruits...Fresh fruit salads are great.

I especially like Kiwi fruit and prickly pears.....when I can get them. Jelly made from prickly pears is XLNT!

Regular pears are o.k. Not too fond of tangerines.

Muddy4paws
03-16-2008, 03:06 PM
The good..

Pears, pineapple, banana's oranges tangerines, kiwi, grapes, CHERRYS! :D
Passion fruit. I'm pretty good when it comes to fruit.

The bad..

Melons :eek: I cant stand the taste of melons. grapefruit. I tried a tiny bit and its made my tongue feel so weird! apples.

Its weird. I used to love these melon sweets but eating one was just too much for me. Remember jolly ranchers? :p

slick
03-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I never used to like fruit at all but now I eat fruit everyday.

I'm not fond of eating apples by themselves, except when I put a little peanut butter on them (a PTer told me this...)
I'm also not fond of blueberries. I tried them again today and even though they have all kinds of anti oxi and anti cancer stuff, I still don't like them.

All other fruits I will eat but recently I've become addicted to Asian Pears. Man, I could eat them for every meal.

lvpets2002
03-16-2008, 03:57 PM
The good..

Pears, pineapple, banana's oranges tangerines, kiwi, grapes, CHERRYS! :D
Passion fruit. I'm pretty good when it comes to fruit.

The bad..

Melons :eek: I cant stand the taste of melons. grapefruit. I tried a tiny bit and its made my tongue feel so weird! apples.

Its weird. I used to love these melon sweets but eating one was just too much for me. Remember jolly ranchers? :p

:p Oh WoW I think our taste buds are just alike..

Killearn Kitties
03-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I pretty much like all fruits expect bananas - too sweet - but favourites could be grapes and cherries.

Barbara
03-16-2008, 04:45 PM
I am not good with veggies- but I like fruit:
apples, pears, oranges, grapefruits, cherries, raspberries, gooseberries, blueberries, mangoes, pineapples, strawberries, peaches, nectarines, plums, melons, papayas, cassis (is that English, maybe not), grapes you name it.....

Maybe my favorites are the yellow and light red cheries like Mt Rainier cherries :)

Edwina's Secretary
03-16-2008, 05:03 PM
I Hate! tomatoes (which really is a fruit....)

Freedom
03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I especially like Kiwi fruit and prickly pears.....when I can get them. Jelly made from prickly pears is XLNT!

I love prickly pears. They are quite common in Sicily. You know how here, you go to a tourist place or an 'attraction (a parade, a carousel ride, whatever) and there is someone selling peanuts and another with cotton candy? When we were in Sicily, the vendors at the sites sell prickly pears - all skinned, and on a Popsicle stick, ready for eating! (They have a cart like an ice cream stand, on wheels.) YUM!

I love most fruits. Unfortunately in the past 14 months, I have not been permitted to eat any all by myself. Sugar LOVES them and wants some of everything. Lacey takes some so as not to be outdone by her sister, but her face suggests she is not too keen on them, te hee. I sit and eat one or 2 pieces in the evening, watching TV. Sugar is right there, "where's my piece?" and 'give me some MORE!" So far, she has eaten apples (any variety seems OK), pears (ditto), banana, oranges. Last evening I open a package of dried figs and yup, Sugar had two all to herself! (Lacey took one small piece and nursed it along until we were finished.)

I do know not to offer them grapes.

AdoreMyDogs
03-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I love fruit. I think I love all fruit, although bananas are not my favorite. I have a fruit-addict baby too! She and I are both insanely crazy about clementines, but she's way more fond of bananas then I am. I can't ever eat a whole banana and she can.

I think mangos are my very favorite fruit in the world. Those and avacados....I could seriously eat them all day every day for the rest of my life. In California I used to eat avacados right from the tree (my aunt has several fruit trees in her yard in Santa Barbara) and I remember someone she knew had mango trees and we'd just load up on mangos and avacados....yummy!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2008, 06:18 PM
I love fruit but lots of it upsets my tummy: bananas and oranges are the worst!

Grapefruit I can't eat because it interacts with one of my blood pressure meds. Don't really like it much anyhow, plus it upsets my tummy too.

I do love grapes, watermelon and cantaloupe. Strawberries and blueberries are great in soy smoothies so I have one of them a day lately. I found out I eat less junk if I have a fruit smoothie every day. :D

sirrahved
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
I love all citrus, bananas, grapes, apples (if they're good apples!) pears...

The only fruit I can't stomach is strawberries! How can anyone eat those things?

Husky_mom
03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I almost never eat fruit..... :o but the ones I do LIKE to eat....are

apples, tangerine, orange and lemon

the ones that I donīt: the rest of them!! LOL.......

I however like things fruit flavored as water, juice, candies, gum, etc... but just cant eatīthe fruit itself... some I canīt stand the taste (even when flavored stuff tastes the same) and most likely I canīt stand textures..... yeah Iīm weird.....:p

Felicia's Mom
03-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I like just about all fruit, some more than others. Never had an avacado and don't think I'd like them.

sparks19
03-16-2008, 10:30 PM
I am not big on fruit. I like some but I am definitely MORE Veggie lol. I LOVE vegetables.

IRescue452
03-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Fruit is yummy, most of the time. I like citrus fruits, pears, grapes, starfruit, kiwi, peaches, bananas, pineapple, and almost every kind of berry imaginable. I like most types of tomato, but not the cherry ones.

I hate melons of all kinds. I hate cherries because of their texture more than the flavor. And I hate the so wrongfully named "delicious" apples. The red delicious ones especially. I like smaller types of apples and yellow apples though.

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2008, 12:08 AM
I love almost any kind of fruit. My favorite is blueberries. I don't like mangos, avacados, or persimons. I don't eat it every day like I should though.

Twisterdog
03-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I really like apples, bananas, cherries, grapes, kiwi, pineapple, mandarin oranges, peaches, strawberries and avacodos.

I really hate pears, tomatoes and grapefruit.

I like the taste of berries, but I don't like the seeds. I also can't stand the texture of citrus fruit. I'm kind of picky about textures as well as tastes. I think that's why I don't like tomatoes.

I'm not crazy about melons or plums. I guess I could eat a few bites, but I don't like them.

Medusa
03-17-2008, 06:35 AM
I love just about every fruit except grapefruit, as you surely all realize by now, and apples. I've tried every kind of apple that people have suggested and I just don't like 'em. I can eat them in something like chicken salad and they taste good but on their own, no. They set my teeth on edge. Cherries are my favorite. I eat them until I bloat.

gini
03-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I love fruit - just about any kind - but my very favorite is berries, especially raspberries and blackberries.

Randi
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I love all kinds of fruit, except blackcurrant! For those of you who don't like bananas, you should try the small fat ones from Carribean - they are so yummy! I would never eat a banana going brown - they taste complety different and are too sweet for my taste.

lizbud
03-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I love all kinds of fruit too. Strawberries & pears would probably be my
first choice. I love dates also but, can't find the good,sweet sticky ones
I had as a child.

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2008, 01:37 PM
I can't think of a fruit, fruit juice, fruit flavoring, fruit anything that I have tried and not liked.

Given the choice between fruit (pie, cake, ice cream, etc) and choclate, I generally pick the fruit. Unless of course the option is to cover the fruit with chcoclate!!

dukedogsmom
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Watermellon is my most favorite! Followed by Fuji apples. And the white cherries (Mt. Ranier) only available a couple of weeks in July. Thy are divine. But, they are rough on me so I have to make sure I'm going to be home for a while after I eat them. I also love bananas, regular cherries, plums and cantelope.

Don't like pears at all. Or that star fruit, or kiwis. For the most part, don't like pineapple. Every once in a while I enjoy a fresh bite.

cassiesmom
03-17-2008, 03:25 PM
In the summer... watermelon, strawberries, more watermelon, more strawberries.

All the year round... mango, please.

In the fall - Honeycrisp apples. Most of the year I can't get them. They're grown in Washington and Minnesota, they're bigger than other apples and I think they taste like apple cider. I love Honeycrisp apples. When they aren't available, I'll take a Gala or a Fuji. I like mandarin oranges and Clementine tangerines. Any color of grapes, preferably seedless. I have never liked fresh tomatoes. Everyone in my family thinks that's crazy.

I like broccoli and cauliflower. I don't like the smell of asparagus and brussels sprouts steaming, but I like asparagus roasted on the grill. I can't stand Brussels sprouts. My absolutely favorite vegetable is corn on the cob. When the sugar water comes to a boil, I put in the corn, set the timer for 17 minutes and take out butter and a big stack of napkins.

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2008, 05:39 AM
A pineapple I saw at the weekend -

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/karen31358/Miscellaneous/Pineapple3-resized.gif

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/karen31358/Miscellaneous/Pineapple3-detail.gif

Barbara
03-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Never heard of a pineapple that might me make lose my teeth ;)

beeniesmom
03-18-2008, 07:03 AM
I guess I'm the only one so far who's favorite fruit is APRICOTS!
Fresh from the tree!
I've made myself so sick a few times from eating too many.

Oh I forgot to add peaches and plums too! Fresh from a tree... oooh those are really good!

I love all citrus.
Don't care too much for melons and berries.

:)