PDA

View Full Version : IMOM is searching for new caseworkers

kuhio98
03-16-2008, 12:19 PM
IMOM (In Memory of Magic) is looking for volunteers to help raise funds for pet medical treatment. This non-profit organzation has raised over a million dollars in its 10 years. Thousands of pets have been saved with their help.

If you are interested in learning more about their organzation and volunteer opportunities, please read here (http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=4433)

I've copied some of the information below. Thank you.

Volunteer opportunity for financial aid committee work

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Since 1998 IMOM has been making a difference in the lives of companion animals and their families. We are very proud of our achievements. If we are to continue, we need help. It's time to secure the future of IMOM. That can only be accomplished with a new group of dedicated volunteers.

I wish I could put into words what it's like to be BTS (behind the scenes) at IMOM. I feel like it's important not to sugarcoat things just to get volunteers. I want to give a glimpse at the emotional highs and lows.

The low points for an IMOMer are extreme. When the PIN dies we grieve. We can't hold on to our grief though. There are always others who need us. Always.

There are incredible highs. When you have a LTE (life threatening emergency) time is your enemy. You go on adrenaline and instinct. You do your very best to help the PIN. Everything falls into place and you have a happy ending. Can you even imagine the joy of that?

Many companion animals die or suffer in pain every day because their caretakers cannot afford the costs of non-routine veterinary care. As a volunteer for IMOM you can be help in saving the lives of many of these animals. I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful feeling that is.

It takes a very special individual to work in the trenches at IMOM. Maybe you are one of those individuals.

The single most important quality we look for in volunteers is a genuine desire to help sick, injured and abused companion animals. As a trained volunteer you will be given the opportunity to satisfy that desire. You will be making a difference.

For the right person, volunteering for IMOM might well be one of the most rewarding jobs you will ever have.

For the animals,

Jacki Hadra - IMOM Founder

Click here for the volunteers application. (http://www.imom.org/volunteer/application.htm)

The next training group will begin on
April 14, 2008

catmandu
03-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I Hope That I Can Help Later On, As I Owe Money In Taxes And The Heating Bills Are Growing Monthly.
I Will Do What I Can.

kuhio98
03-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Gary ~ I just want to be clear.... My post is not to raise funds for them. They are looking for people to volunteer their time. They will train interested people in their rules and procedures so that the volunteer can work with people applying for fundraising.

DJFyrewolf36
03-16-2008, 06:23 PM
I submitted an application! IMOM is something I'd really like to get involved with.

kuhio98
03-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Thank you! Please keep us posted! Below are the names, dates and places of the current volunteers. You can see that most have stayed involved for many years.

Board of Directors
(All Volunteers)

Jacki Hadra, Founding President and CEO - New Jersey

Cynthia Wilson, Vice President Tennessee
Member since 10/2000

Juli Beatty, Treasurer
Georgia
Member since 12/2002

Laura Biringer
New Jersey
Member since 9/2005

Sarah Rutledge