View Full Version : Adoption Celebration for Chihuahuas

lizbud
03-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Happier days now for loads of rescued Chihuahuas. :) look at these
happy babies.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/03/16/rathbun.chihuahua.mania.kvoa

Pam
03-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Liz what a heartwarming thing to view. My goodness I can't help but think had I lived closer (this was in Arizona?) I might have been one of the people in those long lines. What a great story - just makes me :D :D :D !

lizbud
03-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh, I agree. It does your heart good to see these happy endings,
or rather, new beginnings. :) I'm happy to be reminded that there
are good things happening in Rescue.

Ginger's Mom
03-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry, I tried to get it to load but it wouldn't do it for me. :rolleyes: I am not sure if it's my dial-up or my computer. I am assuming this is about the 800 chi's in Texas.? What is the status at this time? How many are going to survive and who is the home finding going, etc?

Uabassoon
03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry, I tried to get it to load but it wouldn't do it for me. :rolleyes: I am not sure if it's my dial-up or my computer. I am assuming this is about the 800 chi's in Texas.? What is the status at this time? How many are going to survive and who is the home finding going, etc?

Ginger this is the same story that I posted about from Tucson. The chihuahuas that are healthy are being put up for adoption and people are lineing up to adopt! I heard that people were waiting in lines for up to 4-5 hours to adopt them! I'm not sure on the total numbers but there are still some that are recieving medical treatment but hopefully as soon as those are ready to be adopted Tucson will still have more homes!

Right now the majority of them are with the humane society, I think they took in around 600 and the rest went to the local chihuahua rescue. People donated crates and the news station did a telethon so they could have enough crates to house these little guys while they were waiting to find homes.

lizbud
03-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Ginger this is the same story that I posted about from Tucson. The chihuahuas that are healthy are being put up for adoption and people are lineing up to adopt! I heard that people were waiting in lines for up to 4-5 hours to adopt them! I'm not sure on the total numbers but there are still some that are recieving medical treatment but hopefully as soon as those are ready to be adopted Tucson will still have more homes!

Ooops, I didn't realize that you had already posted. I just saw the video
on CNN. The one lady said they had a line out the front door of people
waiting to get a chance to see the pups.

I'm on a dsl line myself but, it loaded ok for me. Try again a little later. :)

Uabassoon
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
I didn't post the same video as you, you posted all the good news :D I posted when I first heard about this to see if anyone could help.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=140253

Daisy and Delilah
03-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh My Goodness!!! Thank you for posting this, Liz. What a great thing to see all those people coming forward to adopt those precious little angels. I would want to take a dozen with me. :) I'll watch this video again and again.

What is the exact story behind this? I didn't see it before now.

lizbud
03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
What is the exact story behind this? I didn't see it before now.

The story is here....http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=140243

Daisy and Delilah
03-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks Liz. How sad for the little cuties :( I can't stop thinking about them. :(