PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone spare a few well wishes for Isis? :(

Sevaede
03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
I never thought I would be worried about a spay. They're routine, ya know? But, still. I am.

Isis goes in at 9 am ("sharp!") this Friday. :) I am opting for UTD vaccinations and a post op pain shot. I am so happy to be able to finally do this for my girl! I hope she's not mad at me like Soni was when we had him neutered. :D :p :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/is2.png

Catty1
03-15-2008, 11:01 PM
HUGS and prayers for pretty Isis that all will go well.

Your vet will likely tell you to keep her quiet - but many PTrs had girls that didn't listen to the doctor, and were up and bouncing around the day they came home!

Thank you for spaying her - not only from the population point of view, but that it will prevent a number of cancers from getting her.

Looking forward to "I'm home!" pics :)

DJFyrewolf36
03-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Prayers on the way for Isis! Give her some tummy rubs for me :)

CultureJunky
03-16-2008, 06:55 AM
We are thinking of Isis when she is going through her operation, and wish for a quick post op recovery. Good luck isis, you are in our thoughts.

Laura's Babies
03-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Been there, done that so I know how worried you are! We all worry, it's because we love them so much. Good luck little girl, may you be home before you know it and fully recovered!!!

catmandu
03-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Not Only Are Prayers On Thier Way For Isis, But The Pet Angel Visitors Squad Will Be There, Holding Her Paw And Helping Her Through Her Operation . Its Scary To Have Our Friends Out Of Our Reach, But These White Coats Are So Very Good At What They Do These Days.

Felicia's Mom
03-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Sending good vibes to Isis.

Emeraldgreen
03-16-2008, 03:18 PM
What a beautiful cat Isis is! I will be praying that the surgery goes very well and that she will back home with you asap! :)

momtomany
03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Prayers for Isis and Isis' mommy that all will be well.

Freedom
03-16-2008, 06:56 PM
I never thought I would be worried about a spay. They're routine, ya know? But, still. I am.

Been through it a number of times, and I ALWAYS worry. We wouldn't be US if we didn't worry!

Glad you opted for the pain shot, that is a good idea I always think.

Prayers that all goes well; let us know when she is back home!

Medusa
03-17-2008, 06:42 AM
No surgery is routine when it's our beloved furkids. We'll say prayers that all will go well for Isis and she comes home pain free.

momcat
03-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Of course you're concerned, Isis is your baby! Many prayers are being prayed that all goes well and she'll be back home in no time!

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:18 PM
HUGS and prayers for pretty Isis that all will go well.

Your vet will likely tell you to keep her quiet - but many PTrs had girls that didn't listen to the doctor, and were up and bouncing around the day they came home!

Thank you for spaying her - not only from the population point of view, but that it will prevent a number of cancers from getting her.

Looking forward to "I'm home!" pics :)

Thank you very much!! :D

I have a medium-ish sized collapsible dog crate ($5 at a garage sale!) that she is going in (padded with a blanket) so hopefully she'll stay put and not bust any stitches! :D

I was told by this woman at work (who has had several cats spayed by the NS) that I would not be able to pick her up until about 9 pm! :eek: So, pics will be late but definitely up! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Prayers on the way for Isis! Give her some tummy rubs for me :)

Thank you! :D I rubbed her tummy but then she just "purrrrrrr-OW?!"ed me! :p

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:20 PM
We are thinking of Isis when she is going through her operation, and wish for a quick post op recovery. Good luck isis, you are in our thoughts.

Thank you so much! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Been there, done that so I know how worried you are! We all worry, it's because we love them so much. Good luck little girl, may you be home before you know it and fully recovered!!!

Thank you very much!!! :D Indeed, it must be the love! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Not Only Are Prayers On Thier Way For Isis, But The Pet Angel Visitors Squad Will Be There, Holding Her Paw And Helping Her Through Her Operation . Its Scary To Have Our Friends Out Of Our Reach, But These White Coats Are So Very Good At What They Do These Days.

Thank you very much! :D Isis is happy to know that there will be visitors by her side to watch over her and comfort her! :D I feel good with where I've decided to take her. I don't think I've heard anything bad about them! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Sending good vibes to Isis.

Thank you very much! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
What a beautiful cat Isis is! I will be praying that the surgery goes very well and that she will back home with you asap! :)

Thank you much!! :D I drop her off at 9 tomorrow and she'll come home the same day. I am just not sure which time. I am waiting on a reply regarding the subject. I hope it's not too late. I've heard they're speedy but I just want her to come home asap! :D

EDIT: I got that reply, literally, while I was typing out this post. They said the time I can pick her up depends on the number of cats being spayed and neutered tomorrow. :)

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Prayers for Isis and Isis' mommy that all will be well.

Aw, thank you very much! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Been through it a number of times, and I ALWAYS worry. We wouldn't be US if we didn't worry!

Glad you opted for the pain shot, that is a good idea I always think.

Prayers that all goes well; let us know when she is back home!

Hehe! :D Indeed!

I am very happy about the pain shot. I just couldn't stand the thought of her having to feel yucky. :(

I will update the moment I walk in, we get settled, and pics taken! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
No surgery is routine when it's our beloved furkids. We'll say prayers that all will go well for Isis and she comes home pain free.

Thank you very much! :D

Sevaede
03-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Of course you're concerned, Isis is your baby! Many prayers are being prayed that all goes well and she'll be back home in no time!

Aw, indeed! She is my wittle Poody Doody baby cat! :D ;) :o *cuddles kitty* Thank you very much! :D

DJFyrewolf36
03-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Good luck on the "trip" tomorow Isis!

Sevaede
03-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Back hooooome! FINALLY!! :D I missed my girl so much! I am sure everyone around me was thoroughly annoyed at all my chatter about missing her! :p The first thing I said when I walked in the door after dropping her off was, "Silly Isis!" cause I thought she was bouncing off the walls. I then remembered she wasn't home! :( :p

Anyways! :D Here is a pic of her meeting a kitty friend in line before the surgery! Boy, there was a CHORUS of vocal kitties there!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/spayed1.png

Here are a couple of her, just a few minutes ago, after arriving home! :) She is very woozy. I think we were the last ones checked in, so they did her surgery last, and her anesthesia combined with her post op pain shot is making her a very shaky girl!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/spayed2.png
"98" was her number.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/spayed3.png.

There will be more tomorrow when she is feeling better and not so doped up! :p *does three cheers and a round of applause for Isis*

Catty1
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Good to see your beautiful girl! A good night's sleep and a bit of brekkie and she will be more to rights.

So - I see she had to take a number? 98? :)

Looking forward to the update. Welcome home, baby girl!

Sevaede
03-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Good to see your beautiful girl! A good night's sleep and a bit of brekkie and she will be more to rights.

So - I see she had to take a number? 98? :)

Looking forward to the update. Welcome home, baby girl!

Hehe! :D Isis sampled from a couple of different cans of Newmans Own wet food as well as a few crunchy nuggets. She also had a bit of water. She definitely slept well.

Yup, she was number 98! :D The numbers started a 5, though, so that's a good idea of how many kitties that were at this "event"(?) ! We waited in line for over an hour and it was super chilly!

Definitely well worth it, though. She is soaking up all the cuddles, that's for sure. :P

Good news was every kitty came through with no complications! :D The sad news is most of them (including the few ferals) were females and almost every single one was PREGNANT! :eek: Imagine all those babies, etc. That would be nuts. :eek:

Taz_Zoee
03-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm glad Isis is back home and resting up well. I have to admit she looks kinda funny with that sticker on her head. :p
I hope we can see some more pictures of her after she is back on her feet and not so groggy. :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm glad to hear that Isis is now home and doing well.:) I've only ever experienced a spay with my Ziggy and a neuter with my baby boy Starr. Everyone else was already fixed before I adopted them. I know that girls usually take a little more time to recover. I hope that she'll make a speedy recovery.

phesina
03-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm only seeing this thread now. I'm so glad Isis got spayed, went through the operation well, and is back home where she wants to be, having the best recuperation time possible. Thank you for having this done for her!

She is a beautiful girl!

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel, who is keeping Isis company as she heals