PDA

View Full Version : I decided to get crafty :)

luckies4me
03-15-2008, 09:07 PM
My fiance and I's 6 month mark is tomorrow (I know, it sounds very cheesy), but I wanted to do something special. I didn't want to buy just any old card, because I hate picking them out, and making them just seems so much nicer. So I went to Michael's yesterday and picked up a few items, as I was desperately in need of more scrapbooking supplies. I had bought a photo printer about a month and a half back, but hadn't opened it yet, so this was the perfect opportunity to open it up and get it out of the corner of the room, where it's been hiding. I LOVE my new photo printer!!! :D I don't know why I hadn't opened it sooner. I stayed up forever last night printing photos of Kai and I's latest beach adventure, and they turned out lovely!

So, I started working on a card for Matt. I chose my favorite picture of us to use on the front of the card, and decorated it with glitter stickers and other fun items. I love it! It came out so well that I kind of want to keep it and put it on my wall, lol. :p Anywho, here are some pictures of it. I took these with my cell phone, as I cannot find my image resizing programs right now, so I'm sorry if the quality is bad. I feel so proud of myself. It's very rare that I make something without messing up, and something that I actually like! :)

Next, I'm going to work on a beach page of Kai. I'll take pictures of it when I'm done. I want to put it in a shadow box and line it with sand and sea shells that we had gathered while there. :)

Here is the front of the card. You can see a little line of glue under the tissue paper at top, but it's dry now so has disappeared. I used red card stock, that was lined and beveled for the main part of the card, then I added tissue paper, and then the photo on top of that. I secured the photo with adhesive and then added those red things, which give it a more 3D effect. I forget what the red things are called. :o You push them through paper and then push the back down. Then I added the word "love" and cut the bottom with craft scissors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/love.jpg

I left the top part of the card shorter than the inside so the hearts on the inside would create a sort of peekaboo effect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/love2.jpg

The inside of the card is covered with see through paper with little hearts on it, and then I added the writing with glitter stickers. The top is lined with ribbon. I finally found a use for it. It had been sitting around forever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/love3.jpg

Hope you liked it! I can't wait to start working on my other projects. I am babyless tonight, so I'll probably be up all night printing photos. :D

beeniesmom
03-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Aww, that is so nice. It's not cheesy.
That picture is so lovely. He will love it. :)

Catty1
03-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Looks great!

Maya and Inka's Mommy came up with a 3D technique also - check here in General if it's something you don't do already.

Beautiful stuff...and love put into it. :)

Laura's Babies
03-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Wow! That is really pretty! You did a great job!

moosmom
03-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Cassie,

What a beautiful card!! I think that handmade stuff means so much more than the store bought stuff.

My daughter made me a pen holder out of a coffee can when she was 3, and I've still got it! She's now 32!

luckies4me
03-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

I really liked it. I'm getting ready to start on Kai's beach page right now, except I can't choose what photos to use. :rolleyes: I also wanted to make a lizard page with Spike and Sunflower. I really want to go back to Michael's today to get more supplies. I'm so happy I started scrap booking and doing crafts again. It is so much fun. :D

Oh ya, I cheated and gave it to him last night. He loved it. :)

luckies4me
03-16-2008, 12:18 PM
My daughter made me a pen holder out of a coffee can when she was 3, and I've still got it! She's now 32!

Aww, how cute. I keep my formula cans to decorate and keep my markers and stuff in. It's free, and they're fun to decorate. I love formula cans. You can use them for pretty much anything. They are great for storing sugar, flour, etc. in the kitchen. :)