PDA

View Full Version : December Pet Talk meeting with a twist!

Dixieland Dancer
08-21-2002, 08:53 AM
I got this crazy idea that it would be neat to have a Pet Talk gathering in Greenville South Carolina the beginning of December.

This Gathering would have a "twist" to it though. We would actually be gathering to have a Pet Talk Bridal shower for our beloved Logan. I would be willing to find pet friendly hotels in the area. I am putting a poll up for people to vote on if they would be interested and what weekend.

I am going to put a end to the poll of September 14th so there is plenty of time to organize it if it is going to be pulled off.

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-21-2002, 09:07 AM
Oh Candy! Let's do it! I will be going to Lebanon on December 16th! So, either dates will work for me!!

What do you think, Logan?

C.C.'s Mom
08-21-2002, 09:35 AM
I'm going to see my sister in Texas in December and could maybe arrange to come as well. How far is it from Atlanta (my stop - wanted to spend some days there anyways)? It would be so nice to meet you all too!

08-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Oh , I wish I lived closer to you now !! I LOVE Pettalk meetings !!I'm seeing one member quite often , and we became very good friends !(it is Niina ) :) :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-21-2002, 10:02 AM
C.C.'s Mom,

I live close to Atlanta (about 42 miles NE of it). Greenville is less than 2 hours from where I live, and would probably be about 2.5 hours from Atlanta. If you plan on coming, you could ride with me.

Just a thought.

sammi
08-21-2002, 10:05 AM
That gives me something to think about!

Logan
08-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Candy cleared this with me before she posted. Scott doesn't know, but I'll bet we can persuade him to be there!!! :D He'd better get used to my Pet Talk addiction early on!!

Souraya is right. It is about 2.5 hours from Atlanta to Greenville, interstate all the way. We also have an airport right here.

This would make me so happy!! :D :D Helen, Honey, Lilly, etc, too!!!

Logan

wolf_Q
08-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Awww.......sounds like fun.....I'd love to go. :(

I can't though, I live in Utah. I have a cruddy car, and I can't afford to fly. Unless somebody wants to pick me up on their way! lol

Hope it's great!

Albea
08-21-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm afraid that because I'm not over my knee surgery yet I can't make any plans to travel in December. However, I'll try to participate in some way.;)

jennifert
08-21-2002, 01:51 PM
I would love love love to participate! I would probably have to drive down and just hope the weather is nice that weekend....

Uabassoon
08-21-2002, 02:03 PM
I wish I could make it. That sounds like so much fun, to bad Arizona is so far away.

wolf_Q
08-21-2002, 02:58 PM
Car pool anyone?? lol

Rottieluver45
08-21-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Car pool anyone?? lol

Yes Please!! Oh...Wait I can`t! I want to though!! I really wish I could!!But I can`t drive yet and I pretty sure my mom won`t take me,(even though she`s a pet talker too!)I hope you all have fun!

Karen
08-21-2002, 05:22 PM
I didn't "vote" because I have no idea now whether I'd be able to make it or not, and have no idea what the "production" schedule is yet at work. But the earlier weekend would be better for me in theory ...

Aspen and Misty
08-21-2002, 06:45 PM
I will car pool! Come on down to PA. No my parents owudl kill me. Meeting all these dangrourse pets from the internet! Who knows what those dogies and kitties might do ;) . Sounds like fun and I hope it is! BTW, congradulations Logan.

anna_66
08-21-2002, 09:02 PM
I'd love to come (weather permitting)! I voted for Dec 6-8.
My parents live in Rock Hill, S.C., so maybe I could make it a 2 in 1 visit!
Or I could carpool if anyone near me would be able to come.

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2002, 11:11 PM
I used to live in Greenville, S.C. and now I wish I still did. I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it. December is the busiest month for us at work and we can't take any time off. Anna_66 I also lived in Rock Hill, S.C. I went to Winthrop College which is now called Winthrop University. What a small world. :) Have a great meeting and bridal shower. Congrats again Logan. :)

Logan
08-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I used to live in Greenville, S.C. and now I wish I still did. I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it. December is the busiest month for us at work and we can't take any time off. Anna_66 I also lived in Rock Hill, S.C. I went to Winthrop College which is now called Winthrop University. What a small world. :) Have a great meeting and bridal shower. Congrats again Logan. :)

What a small world!!! Scott, the man I am marrying, graduated from Winthrop too, and he is a native of Rock Hill!! :D

Thanks for the good wishes.

Logan

PS. The date is set. December 21 for the wedding!!! Yikes, I have a lot to do!!! :D

C.C.'s Mom
08-22-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
C.C.'s Mom,

I live close to Atlanta (about 42 miles NE of it). Greenville is less than 2 hours from where I live, and would probably be about 2.5 hours from Atlanta. If you plan on coming, you could ride with me.

Just a thought.

Thanks Souraya! That sounds great. I can arrange my flight according to any of those 2 weekends.

lynnestankard
08-22-2002, 11:08 AM
oh how i wish i could be with you all - what fun it's going to be!

logan - i don't believe it - your getting married on diane and jason's 5th anniversary! i have lovely memories of my lovely daughter and handsome son-in-law on their special day.
all i can wish for you and scott - is a day as wonderful as theirs.xx

lynne

sammi
08-22-2002, 12:24 PM
What date do you have set for your wedding????

Freckles
08-22-2002, 12:43 PM
There's the answer.

mruffruff
08-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Belated congratulations, Logan! Somehow I missed the news until today although I picked up a hint somewhere.

I voted for 6-8, but either is OK with me. I'm anxious to meet you and any other Pet Talkers that can make it.

Mary

sammi
08-22-2002, 03:57 PM
:o :o :o :o Thanks Freckles!!!!!!!

kohala
08-22-2002, 10:40 PM
If I luck out and get sent to Ft.Lee for school and it's at the right time, I'd be there in a heartbeat. In fact, I may run it by my boss tomorrow - she's pretty cool in these things - but otherwise time off (very little leave) and distance would prevent it. But maybe we could have a scheduled "chat" hour on a designated thread - ? Maybe even after you all get some digital phots, or even while you're taking them -????
Keep posting updates to this thread - I love the idea. And Logan, all the very best to you and your guy!!! What a lovely day to get married!!!

Kater
08-23-2002, 04:08 AM
What an exciting ideaaaaarr!!!

I really don't know if I can make it....but I do know that I'll be closer to South Carolina when I'm at Madison, WI for school than I am right now! Let's see...from Madison it's 900 miles, while from Hawaii it's ...4,800 miles? If my calculations are right:rolleyes: WOAH! I'll have to see what my schedule is like once I get into the swing of things at school and see if I can rope an unsuspecting animal lover into going on a little road trip with me!

Whether I make it or not... I want to extend my congratulations to the lovely Logan on her engagement!!! I wish you and Scott all the joy in the world on your special day leading into a beautiful, blossoming lifetime partnership!:D

AdoreMyDogs
08-23-2002, 06:50 AM
How exciting, Logan! Congrats!

I am not sure whether or not I will be able to attend, but I sure do hope to be able to! I'll have to hold off on the voting for now, but I do think it's a strong possibility. I will have to wait and see what is going on. I don't mind car pooling, either. I have a pretty comfey minivan but if I go I will at the very least have Graham with me. Perhaps even both of my furkids.

Ann
08-23-2002, 09:02 AM
I obviously can't participate, but I still wanted to post and say that I'm jealous for all of you who will get to go and meet eachother ;) Oh, and congrats to Logan!!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Logan, if there is anywhere in the world I would love to go, you have to know it would be to your shower, it makes me so very angry to have this physical disability and not able do the things I would like to do, but I will be there in spirit. I'm able to take short trips but I'm afraid a long trip flying like that would be too much for me, it's the walking I couldn't do. I'm so happy for you and Don and I talk about how wonderful it is that you found the right guy and how happy you are every day. I think this is a wonderful idea and how much fun it will be.
Jackie

Dixieland Dancer
08-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Hey everyone who might want to come but you are just not sure, vote anyway. The idea is to figure out who might come and what the best date would be. It is not to set things in concrete so you HAVE to come! ;)

wolf_Q
08-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Aww......I want to go :( :( :(

LOL let me know if anyone wants to make a stop in Utah to pick up 2 teenagers, a husky, and a german shorthair. ;)

Kater
08-23-2002, 02:26 PM
Well in that case I will vote....I just feel like my vote shouldn't count as much as someones who is more likely to come.....
My last class day is Dec. 13 and exams go from Dec. 15 - Dec. 21 so I'm thinking December 6-8 would be better! Awww, I sure do hope I can come! You'd think that with my fifty person extended family I'd be able to figure something out....hmmmmmmmmm....... :p

Rachel
08-24-2002, 05:59 AM
Like Jackie, I can only be there in spirit, but how wonderful that so many PTers seem to be able to participate and actually meet and share this most momentous occasion with our Logan.

Just one thing....please take lots of pictures for the rest of us to enjoy.

lbaker
08-24-2002, 06:08 AM
I don't really care which weekend, I'm ready to try either! I'm in D.C. (Washington) maybe I can carpool with someone? but like Karen I'll just have to see what my work-load is then. I'll be there if I can with bells on and Logan...I'm so happy for you:D OH WAIT:eek: Isn't Aly going to be on the East Coast then?? What fun!

Cincy'sMom
08-24-2002, 07:48 AM
I don't know if I could do it or not...that is when we are getting ready for our Christamas dance show ( in fact the show may be the second set of dates) If somehow it does work out, maybe a car pool with Leslie and Anna would work?

AdoreMyDogs
08-24-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
Hey everyone who might want to come but you are just not sure, vote anyway. The idea is to figure out who might come and what the best date would be. It is not to set things in concrete so you HAVE to come! ;)

I can be a swing vote. If I can come, the choice of the two dates will not matter. The only thing that would make me choose one weekend over the other is the weather, and we obviously can't find that out for awhile. I can't say for sure whether or not I can go yet, but I can say that I will certainlly try.

Pam
08-24-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Like Jackie, I can only be there in spirit, but how wonderful that so many PTers seem to be able to participate and actually meet and share this most momentous occasion with our Logan.

Just one thing....please take lots of pictures for the rest of us to enjoy.

Rachel has expressed my thoughts too. I will certainly be there in spirit and look forward to lots of pictures! ;)

slleipnir
08-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Aww, all these PT meetings you all talk about sound so fun, I wish I could go, but I live like 50 billion miles away from everyone, and/or my dad wouldn't let me drive out anywhere, so there is a fat chance that will ever happen lol. Sounds awesome though :D Hope you all have fun :]

gini
08-31-2002, 11:52 PM
I turned my computer back on because I was thinking about this thread.

I am seriously thinking of attending - guess I would fly into Atlanta and rent a car? and drive to Greenville.

The best weekend would be the 6-8 of December.

Candy, I know you have been busy.........but let's keep this going and see how many we have.........

For Logan, ANYTHING! SHE DA BEST!

Dixieland Dancer
09-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Bumping this back up in the list because this is the final week to enter the poll!

Hopefully we will have enough for a nice bridal shower party!!!

Logan,
We need to see pictures of the "new guy"! :D :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-09-2002, 11:39 AM
Candy, Logan's fiance is a good looking guy! He is also very nice. I think everyone here will just love him!

Dixieland Dancer
09-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Candy, Logan's fiance is a good looking guy! He is also very nice. I think everyone here will just love him!

If Logan loves him, I'm sure he is GReat!!! :D :cool: :D

Logan
09-09-2002, 01:16 PM
I'll tell you one thing :o , I sure do love him and he is GREAT!!! :D

Andie
09-09-2002, 02:44 PM
Don't know if I'll be able but I would love to come! We'll just see how everything falls into place in the coming months.

lbaker
09-09-2002, 03:05 PM
I just checked the net and La Quinta has a great deal for rooms, about $45 per night. I've stayed at a La Quinta in Albuquerque and it was a very nice motel/hotel. AND THEY ALLOW PETS :D :D Just something to think about...... Laurie