PDA

View Full Version : 2 surgeries today.

jenluckenbach
03-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Shilo and Amber BOTH went to the vet for surgery today.
1)Shilo.....needed the remaining few teeth removed. Poor fellow looks like he was hit by a Mack truck. :( I understand that his 1 remaining canine tooth just would not budge! (and the root was even longer thn the tooth itself). But at least now, once fully recovered, he won't need the monthly staroid injections. (the teeth kept causing swelling of the gums, a weepy eye and oozing at the lips of blood).
He's going to be in pain for a day or so (he was after his last dental) but in the long term, he will live much happier now.

2)Amber.....had a cyst removed from her tummy. It was not INSIDE the body, but rather in the dermal layer. She has had it for quite a while but recently it doubled in size (to about the size of a pecan).
But you should see the scar! :eek: :eek: :eek: I never would have guessed that it would have needed to be so large!
She'll be fine, probably sooner than Shilo. She is already almost over the ordeal.

And so goes the news of the day.

Laura's Babies
03-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow! Two surgeries in the same day! :eek: Poor babies! (poor Mommie too)
I feel for them both and their Mommie, that had to be rougher on you than it was on them. Hope they recover and stay happy and healthy.

Medusa
03-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh my goodness, two surgeries in one day! Well, if it'll make them healthier and feel better, it's what we gotta do, right? Our poor furkids w/their teeth lately. Whatsa goin' on? :confused:

Catty1
03-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Gentle {{{hugs}}} to Shilo...poor boy! Is he on a pain patch so he can avoid taking things by mouth? I hope he is all better soon - and he will be much healthier!

Amber - guess the cyst was wider than they thought? Glad she is feeling well, and will be back to herself very soon! :)

Taz_Zoee
03-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow. I am glad to hear they will both be good to go. Please give gentle scritchies for me. :)

jenluckenbach
03-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Gen Is he on a pain patch so he can avoid taking things by mouth?
No, he will get oral pain meds. (well, today he was injected, so none tonight)
He did not do well on the patch (Lost ALL the fur at the site AND scratched his neck RAW at the bandages)

Amber - guess the cyst was wider than they thought?
Not sure of the whole story. Will talk to the vet Monday.

Felicia's Mom
03-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Sending get well vibes to both Shilo and Amber. I had a tooth pulled on Tuesday, so I can relate to that.

momtomany
03-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Prayers for Shilo, Amber and Momma already been said.

catnapper
03-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh my Jen!!! I've been in my own little world -- I had no idea! Prayers for the two Luckenbach kitties. I know Daddy will give extra special care to his favorite orange girl

catmandu
03-16-2008, 09:30 AM
WELL IF JOSEPH, BO BO AND JOHN HANCOCK ARE ANY INDICATIONS THEN SHILO WILL FEEL A LOT BETTER AND THRIVE WITHOUT TEETH, AS THEY DONT NEED THIER TEETHH TO EAT , ONLY TO TEAR THE FEATHERS AND FUR FROM PREY.
JOSEPHS ESPECIALLY HAPPY AND LOVING HIS TEMPTATIONS ONCE MORE!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1011907.jpg

kb2yjx
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Hope you both are feeling better today!

jenluckenbach
03-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Amber is fine. She paced for a while before bed time, but she ate some last night and more this morning.

Shilo is totally out of it. (he was after his last dental, too, so I am not worried) He slept on mama's favorite chair ALL night and is still there even now. No food last night, or this morning. (it's OK though......he has enough weight to spare ;) )

By the way.....Amber has 16 stitches :eek: YOWZA!

jenluckenbach
03-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Shilo is up, eating and back to (almost) normal. :)

So everything is fine again.

Catty1
03-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Yay! Shilo, I am glad you can eat again! And you will feel all better soon, and will not need the pointy things for steroids. :)

Great news!

krazyaboutkatz
03-17-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm glad to hear that they're both doing well.:)

jenluckenbach
03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Just thought I would attach photos of the scar (Amber) before the stitches come out. She is doing fantastic! NO swelling at the area or any complications.

Shilo is doig very well too.

Laura's Babies
03-22-2008, 08:26 PM
OWWWWIEEEE! Poor girl, that is a CUT! Heck, but being "CAT" she will probably not even notice she has been cut.