PDA

View Full Version : kuhio98....

Glacier
03-15-2008, 02:21 PM
How is Cammie doing after her dental?

catmandu
03-15-2008, 04:26 PM
BO BO AND JUKE JOINT JOSEPH ARE HOPING THAT CAMMIE IS DOING AS WELL AS THEY ARE AFTER THIER DRASTIC DENTAL PROCEDURES.
THEY HAVE MADE A 180 DEGREE TURN AROUND AND I AM ONLY SORRY THAT THEY SFFRERED MORE THAN I EVER KNEW.

GO CAMMIE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012038.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1012006.jpg

kuhio98
03-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Poor widdle Cammie lost 7 teeth. :( She is totally miserable. She hasn't eaten anything (soft food only) or taken a drink. I took a syringe of water and shot it into her mouth to give her a little hydration. She's on liquid antibiotics twice a day. It is very bitter and she hates that too! :(

She lost most of her lower, front teeth so she is sticking the tip of her tongue out. It looks so cute, but she just feels so badly right now. She's curled up next to her Dadcat on the couch.

Tamara ~ I can sympathize with you on Sophia's bill. Cammie's came to almost $100 per tooth. :eek: That's more than any hooman dental bill I've ever had.

But, if will keep her from getting sick.... The vet says that she's in fantastic health for a 16-yr old girl. When Kuhio was 16 she was very fragile. Hoping that Cammie bounces back soon. :(

Thank you for asking. We have been over at the old house scrubbing and cleaning all morning. But, we knocked off early because we were so worried about Cammie. She was still pretty out of it this morning, but the dope is wearing off so she's much more responsive now. :)

jenluckenbach
03-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Don't worry Cammie, you will bounce back soon!

Glacier
03-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Oh, poor Cammie. I hope she's feeling better soon. Sophia was given painkillers for four days after her surgery. Maybe you could as your vet about some Metacam for her?

I wish I could get Sophia covered under my dental insurance!

Catty1
03-15-2008, 07:08 PM
PT Prayers for Cammie that she feels all better soon.

Eat some soft food little one, gently, and snuggle with your Dadcat. Love and cuddles really help healing.

Gentle {{{hugs}}}

kuhio98
03-16-2008, 12:08 AM
9:00 p.m. Cammie finally ate. An entire can of tuna/shrimp dinner all by herself. :D :D :D

kt_luvs_kitties
03-16-2008, 12:21 AM
I am glad that Cammie ate her dinner :D Feel better soon sweet girl!

CultureJunky
03-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Get well soon Cammie, just relax and take it easy whilst you're recovering.

kuhio98
03-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Oh, poor Cammie. I hope she's feeling better soon. Sophia was given painkillers for four days after her surgery. Maybe you could as your vet about some Metacam for her?I asked again about pain medication (specifically Metacam) and the vet still doesn't recommend it. :confused:

momcat
03-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi Cammie, I'm sorry to hear about your toofs and hope you will feel better very soon. Just take it easy, get your rest and try to eat something. Toof-ouchies sure are no fun. PS: Be sure to play this for all you can...extra lovies from your hoomins, extra treats, go for it!

Your friend,
Groucho

columbine
03-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I asked again about pain medication (specifically Metacam) and the vet still doesn't recommend it. :confused: Vets are often reluctant to prescribe pain meds for cats, because they so often upset the stomach, and cats are reluctant to eat when they're not feeling well. Cats can't go without eating for very long without messing up their livers, so vets don't want to discourage them from eating when they're already so unlikely to eat.

kuhio98
03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Cammie is doing well. We soaked some of her favorite crunchies in water and she scarfed it all down. She is getting stronger. She has definitely lost weight, but she is a fighter -- especially when it's medicine time! :eek: :p