PDA

View Full Version : Men are from Mars and women are not from

RICHARD
03-14-2008, 02:27 PM
this planet.

Anyone without feelings for THIS poor oaf aren't human.

It seems like a man put a 12,000 dollar engagement ring into a helium balloon for his soon-to-be-wife.

The story goes that he was to have her pop the balloon and this ring would fall out.

I guess the balloon got loose and he chased it for 2 hours before he gave up.

The woman has turned down his offer of marriage until she gets another ring.

------------------

Of course she wants a ring. She can pawn the thing after he does something stupid.....again. ;)

JenBKR
03-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh....I would be too afraid to WEAR a $12,000 ring, let alone put one in a helium balloon. I'm just picturing that guy frantically running around after the balloon :D

catland
03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
LOL. Every three-year old knows that you better tie the ballon to your wrist so it doesn't get away. :eek:

sparks19
03-14-2008, 04:01 PM
OMG lol that poor guy. I think I would have chased that sucker for more than two hours haha $12,000 ring good lord. To be honest.. what a waste of money. if she demands a ring like that I would cut her loose lol. could use that money for a downpayment on a house or to buy a new car or something lol.

And t hen she turns him down until he gets her another ring? How ungrateful. I feel bad that that guy actually wants to marry such a materialistic woman lol.

A helium balloon lol. What was he thinking? Bet he won't do that again :D

Ginger's Mom
03-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Hmm...did she actually see this ring and balloon, or is he the only person who saw this ring and this balloon?

Yeah honey, I bought you a $12,000.00 ring but it floated away in a helium balloon. :eek:

Husky_mom
03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
LOL....

poor guy!!... I would too let loose that "women"......

weird thing I saw one time at a TV show.. one lady was saying someone gave his wife a million or so ring because he cheated on her... and the wife was like...ok you go again with that girl again I donŽt mind, IŽll just stay here staring at my ring......

talk about material girls.......

I know nice stuff is nice... but not THAT nice......IMO.... there are more valuable things in this life...... ;)

KYS
03-14-2008, 04:56 PM
I can't believe that man put an expensive ring in a helium balloon.
Tsk Tsk Tsk! (air between ears) It was a nice jester though.
If I was the woman and loved the man, it certainly would not stop me
from marrying him. Think of all the laughs they can telling that story
for generations. lol

Catlady711
03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I can't imagine spending that much money on a piece of jewlery, or an appliance or anything short of a vehicle! :eek: I'd be terrified to wear something that cost that much money. Heck as it is I have the most expensive watch I've ever owned in my life, with a hefty price tag of $30. ROFL

I'd have to wonder what was in the guy's head that he would not only spend that much on jewlery but that he'd send it up in a balloon to boot. Maybe insurance scam? Either way it's nutty to me.

Freedom
03-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Richard, WHERE Was this?

I want to go find the balloon! No 'strings' attached for me to be taking on the oaf, either!! :D Do you have any idea how many feral cats and rescue bichons I could help with that ring??? :eek:

moosmom
03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a guy I used to date :p :p :rolleyes:

They deserve each other. He's an idiot and she is a gold digger.

Jessika
03-15-2008, 12:09 PM
What a shame, she DOES sound like a gold-digger. I sure hope he realized it, though.

But man, imagine the person who does happen to find the balloon!!! Or the ring after the atmosphere pops it :o

But I hate popping balloons, like really really hate it, I hate it when people pop them around me or when they pop on their own, so that wouldn't have been the idea proposal for ME, BUT the idea itself was very cute :)

RICHARD
03-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Richard, WHERE Was this?

I want to go find the balloon! No 'strings' attached for me to be taking on the oaf, either!! :D Do you have any idea how many feral cats and rescue bichons I could help with that ring??? :eek:

I want to say England....I listen to stories on the radio while I am doing stuff and by the tine I pay attention I miss the locations. :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
03-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Sounds like a guy I used to date :p :p :rolleyes:

They deserve each other. He's an idiot and she is a gold digger.

Indeed...if he is willing to spend that much money on an egagement ring, I wonder how much money he has already spent on her.

Some peoples kids lol.

lady_zana
03-16-2008, 06:38 AM
this planet.

Anyone without feelings for THIS poor oaf aren't human.

Of course she wants a ring. She can pawn the thing after he does something stupid.....again. ;)

I feel something for him but it's not sorry.... :D Any idiot who would put a $12,000 ring in a balloon without securing it deserves what happens.

I couldn't imagine spending so much on a ring! Love doesn't have a price or maybe I'm just cheap but if my husband had spent anywhere NEAR that much on my engagement ring I would have made him return it! That's more than we are saving for the down payment on a house!

And as for her, if she needs $12,000 ring to announce her love, maybe she should have a long sit-down with herself and think about her priorities.

Alysser
03-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Glad I wasn't the only one who got a good laugh out of this. :D

Suki Wingy
03-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Hah, serves him right for spending that much on a little tiny shiny rock. :rolleyes: