PDA

View Full Version : Drake Is Making Great Progress

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-21-2002, 07:01 AM
Andrew and I have been working diligently on making Drake more accepting of other dogs. He is fine around them, but tends to get protective and doesn't get along with other dogs.

This past weekend, my next door neighbor's son cam to visit and brought his 2 Standard Poodles. (Pam you would love these guys! Andrew and I fell in Love with them). Drake shared the Lake with Sunny and Bridgett, the Poodles, and Sassy, my friend's lab mix! They played and retrieved and even patrolled the yards together!!

I was so proud of Draker! I have pictures, but need to get them off my digital camera.

Drake also played well with my friend's 5 year old daughter. She went to the lake with us and then helped Andrew bathe him. She also walked him and would give him commands to Stop, Sit, Stay. Shake my Paw, Down, and Let's go! It was great to see them getting along. When we were inside, Abigail and Draker laid on the floor together and napped. ANd when it was time for her to play, Drake would walk behind her while she pushed her Barbie cars around.

Dixieland Dancer
08-21-2002, 08:38 AM
What great news!! You and Andrew are doing a great job with Drake. I hope to meet him someday in person!! :D

turner
08-21-2002, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to say how beautiful Dixie & Dusty are...

awww look at those faces, only a face EVERYONE could love!!
:) :p :D :) :p

C.C.'s Mom
08-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by turner
Just wanted to say how beautiful Dixie & Dusty are...

awww look at those faces, only a face EVERYONE could love!!
:) :p :D :) :p

I very much agree! Wanted to say something about it this morning but forgot :rolleyes:
Dusty really grew into a beautiful young boy! If Cookie could only meet him...

Nice story about Drake. What a good boy. Sounds like Drake had a great day.

mugsy
08-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Souraya, that's so great!! See what patience will do!!! I knew Drake could do it. I can't wait for pictures.

lovemymaltese
08-21-2002, 02:58 PM
great news, it's good to see when patience pays off.

anna_66
08-22-2002, 02:00 PM
Thats wonderful Sourya, great news!
I just wish Angus would learn to get along with other dogs, the children he's great with, but the other dogs, no way. Guess he's too old?