03-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! :)

Felicia's Mom
03-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Wishing a Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!:D

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2008, 04:29 PM
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

On a sad note if my RB Pepper was still alive it would have been his 11th birthday on St. Patrick's Day.:( I sure do miss him.:(

Freedom
03-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

We had our traditional dinner today; the local Bishop asked everyone to celebrate today so as not to 'jar' Holy Week.

We also celebrated St. Joseph's Day today. Normally it is the 19th, but that was officially moved to today for this year, again to avoid a problem with Holy Week.

I'd never heard of St. Joseph's Day until I moved to RI. Apparently, it is important to eat a zeppole in celebration! A zeppole is yellow pudding, boiled, wrapped in pastry dough and either fried or baked. Seems like a great tradition to me, so I now participate! :D (Yes, there is a bit more to it, we do follow through.)

cyber-sibes
03-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Happy St. Pat's Day!
St. Patrick is my patron saint, so that almost makes me Irish!
St. Pat's is highly celebrated by the large Irish community here - we went down to Newport this afternoon after the parade & people were literally falling out of the bars & into the streets, long lines at every establishment, green beads & hats on everyone. :D

Hubbs & I just came home from a concert of music by celtic harpist Aine Minogue & storytelling by Kevin O'Hara, who walked the entire coast of Ireland in 1979 beside his donkey, Missy, & their cart. He told wonderful stories & showed beautiful slides of Ireland. Now I have my own autographed copy of "Last of the Donkey Pilgrims....a man's journey through Ireland". What a great evening!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/donkey.jpg
Sandi - I never heard of St. Joseph's Day either till I married my dear Joseph, who strongly believes it's a more important feast day then St. Pats! ;) We'll have to be on the lookout for those "zeppoles"...

Hellow
03-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Happy St.Patricks day to everyone!

luckies4me
03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
OH man! I totally forgot about SPD!!! I never foget. Eh, I guess that's what having children does to you. :p

I love SPD because after all the corn beef goes on sale, and I stock up on that stuff. It's my favorite thing to eat. :)

lvpets2002
03-17-2008, 09:10 AM
:D wittle bump = the day is here

dukedogsmom
03-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Happy St. Patrick's day to everyone. I'm having a non traditional caramel latte. Biggest one I've ever seen! Of course I took a pic. It was too pretty not to.

lvpets2002
03-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Happy St. Patrick's day to everyone. I'm having a non traditional caramel latte. Biggest one I've ever seen! Of course I took a pic. It was too pretty not to.
;) MMmm that sounds quite yummy.. Now pic please so we can all drewl.. :D

dukedogsmom
04-03-2008, 08:34 PM
;) MMmm that sounds quite yummy.. Now pic please so we can all drewl.. :D
I had forgotten to post the pic! Here it is, much later. Isn't it pretty?
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/0317latte.jpg