PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Tiger Ranch Cat Sanctuary raided; owner arrested

AbbyMom
03-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Tiger Ranch raided by HS agents. Owner Lin Marie arrested.

400 cats need medical treatment.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/15591266/detail.html

Earlier some PT members had asked about this Ranch. I hope no one's kitties were involved.

Note that the local authorities didn't want to get involved. This was the District Attorney's office and the ASPCA and the PSPCA.

At last someone finally did something.

Karen
03-14-2008, 11:25 AM
How horribly, horribly sad!

Catty1
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
OMG...I remember coming across this place as a possibility for Ally - until I realized they had only big cats.

I thought it was a great idea...how terribly tragic that it was just a sham.

Those poor animals...I hope other sanctuaries can be found for them - or someone come in and set the place to rights. :(

lvpets2002
03-14-2008, 11:50 AM
:mad: OMG that is just so so horrible & disgusting.. :( Those poor babies.. Now I did not see Tigers in the video.. I saw small cats & carriers.. If I had my way I would put this women in the same condition to live just like she put those babies thru.. Disgusting BBBBBch

AbbyMom
03-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Although it is called Tiger Ranch, this was a sanctuary for housecats and other pets. :-(

I heard about it when someone was looking for a sanctuary for an FeLV+ housecat. I don't think she would turn down many and let it get out of control.

moosmom
03-14-2008, 02:24 PM
That's what happened when you mean well, but then get overwhelmed. Very sad story. :(

jackie
03-14-2008, 02:52 PM
What a sad situation.
:(

AbbyMom
03-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Permission to cross-post:

The Best Friends network has started a forum for people trying to
retrieve or rescue cats from Tiger Ranch. Go to
http://tinyurl. com/2orwag

davidpizzica
03-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Being a cat person, this is the most horrifying story in the history of cat rescue. The fact that this "sanctuary" is in the city of Pittsburgh makes this story even more horrifying and disgusting to me. This puts a bad light on cat rescue efforts here in Pittsburgh. I saw a news report on one of our local stations about the efforts of some of the vets to try and save some of them. They showed he faces of some of these poor kitties and it made me want to cry, some of them looked very terrified. I'm tearing up now just typing this. At least the ones that have passed are enjoying the time a the Rainbow Bridge.

Laura's Babies
03-16-2008, 09:24 AM
So sad for the cats that had to live there and I have LES too... The real problem here is that you never know what kind of situation you are sending your fur babies into when you have to give them up. You may give them to a great home and somehow they end up with a horder a few years later. This makes me so sad!